Tell me something good...

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Feb 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think what you want. The numbers don't lie. You couldn't retain a dozen employees for more than 5 years if your life depended on it. You truly are a disillusioned sociopath. Good luck trying to keep name clean, good luck trying to ever hire a half decent rep, and good luck trying to keep your business in my old accounts. You always have been and always will be a loser. You don't have the balls to make a solid executive decision if your life depended on it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I don't work at Applied, but I couldn't resist since some of these former disgruntled employee's obviously don't' research other medical device companies since you can go to every single medical device company you have ever heard of and pull the same negative garbage up if you are looking for negativity you have come to the right place with negative anonymous job vents in my opinion. One guy is talking about how he works at a fortune 100 company in this Applied thread well that is great, but it still doesn’t mean that there aren't a lot of happy employees at Applied Medical besides your bad tenure there. How would Applied Medical keep 1000’s of employees there if it is really is bad as you say it is? That doesn’t make any sense in any capacity. Your referencing the bottom 30 percent of any sales organization which always turns over thats why every sales company is always hiring, fyi- There is a lot of good turnover at Applied since they are promoting is what is misleading about this and they are creating new divisions so they take existing employees and promote them up. Applied is a really good company for a lot of people and maybe not for some other people. Just like the companies below may be a reallly good companies for some people but not for other people. Take advise from the top 30 percent of Applied reps not the bottom 30 percent in my opinion. No one takes advise usually from people that are poor at their profession in my opinion and should be the same with negative anonymous rants.

Lets take a few companies for example below I just randomly pulled up since one participant said he worked at a Fortune 100 company and below these are considered good companies below and these are 3 of the largest in America and lets be honest they have done a lot of good things to get that big too, but they have a lot of issues they deal with as well that is well documented from reps from time to time as well. So just wanted to demonstrate that these boards that I just looked up at Cafe Pharma and please take the time to scroll thru them all its nothing but a bunch of negativity since when have you known the top reps at any company to gravitate towards anonymous vents? They don't so the message is skewed and most people wouldn't take advise from people that are poor at their profession in my opinion.

I would also like to point out if everything was true on these boards what was being said which isn't since it is anonymous, there are proper channels thru courts and government to address grievances, but the problem with that for these people is they won't be able to hide under anonymous vents since you have to be able to go on record since one party would be able to defend themselves, FYI and you won’t be able to hide behind an anonymous shield thats why in my opinion these people rant on these boards.

I just wanted to put my two cents on here since obviously the participants on this board haven't' researched any of the other medical device rants on Cafe Pharma, which is way more populated than Applied it appears, fyi.

1.)Ethicon there was one link with 57,000 rant threads on Café Pharma- headings that mention "you have been warned..." and I cut and pasted first thread under it that you can read as well-

(Old 01-12-2014, 03:39 AM)

Anonymous

Exclamation Rough Times Ahead You Have Been Warned

Rough times ahead for JNJ, more layoffs and more company consolidations to come.

http://www.newsmax.com/Outbrain/bill...8/29/id/450265

Here is a small portion from the article:

......"In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel......"

This article came out 3 days ago. JNJ is investing in foreign markets not the U.S.

Enjoy ESC while you can. Just trying to help those who can't see through reality.)

2.)Covidien- I cut and pasted under Covidien Culture which has over 33,000 comments on it- go to post #11 below I copied and pasted fyi)

( 12-23-2009, 11:36 PM )

Anonymous

(Default Re: Covidien company culture

I almost have to wonder if some of the existing reps are trying to block newbies out. Why I have no idea but the responses on this board are always as if they're warning us not to run into a burning building. Its so hard to to believe its all bad, being that covidien is an industry leader and one of the largest med companies to work for. Then again, maybe I want so badly to believe one of these jobs im getting offered is worth a damn.

I turned down offers from Forest (selling lexapro, etc) and Galderma (selling cutiscience) in the last 6 months because of the responses i've gotten on cafepharma. Mostly becuase I doubted wanting to get into pharma. However, my lack of OR experience is hindering my ability to get directly into device. I wish someone could tell me if joining covidien as a pharma rep makes it easier to transition to their device side. I know it pains you guys to give a positive response, but can anyone at least answer that question?

Im so worn out from interviews. The only med device company thats considering me is a shitty one whos VP just got fired from Smith and Nephew. I think im gonna kill myself, cause I dont want to spend one more year in B2B. How the hell is it possible that I can make 100k selling a shitty B2b product, but everyone on these boards is telling me "you wont make six figures here...run!...run!" There has got to be some satisfied employees somewhere. Otherwise, people would be going into pharma first then moving up the wonderful world of office furniture or copiers.

Well thats my venting for today. If you dont like it, kiss my ass. Merry Christmas everyone. )

3.)Cardinal Health was a thread with over 80,000 comments with same fear tactics listed first quote under ambulatory quote that I read and I paste this from Cardinal Health- Please continue to read down their website as well. 1st thread from Cardinal Health, fyi)

("what is going on with ambulatory care? Reps are leaving and others wish they could leave. The morale of the company is dismal at best. What is happening to a company that should be number 1? Do they think taking reps pay is going to help there bottom line, it sure doesn't incentivize a person. Did they inflate the numbers just so they could help there bottom line? Some say they are going to cut 25% of the work force and the kicker is you have to be engaged in the pharma program.....what program.... it sucks. Its sad to watch a company seem to loose sight of what makes a company successful, good employees.")

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I call bullshit you don't work for Applied. Why would you have just spent 15+ minutes of your life writing that response?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do u think using profanity posting messages on an anonymous vent about ur past employee might make u fall under the disgruntled past employee category??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try but we all still unfortunately work here!!! But we promise you that many of us are looking to leave as soon as possible. We can understand you wanting to do some damage control. Applied Medical has one of the highest volume of negative reviews on Cafepharma. Do you honestly think past employees are "disgruntled and would waste time writing about the past? It's the current employees genius.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Why are u staying then? Ur free to go and so is anyone else u act as if 1000's of Applied employees are being held against their will to work there. There is a lot of people that work at applied 10-15 plus years throughout the sales organization all u need to do is look at the reps on LinkedIn to see there tenure there.

Look at the district managers profiles on LinkedIn u can see there tenure there and a lot of the other reps. So are u saying current Applied employees on linkedin are just making up there tenure there? Why would they need to do that?

So u want people to believe that 1000's of employees at Applied are being held against there will to work else where? Yeah, that makes no sense.

I just decided to blow up some of these crass postings from what appears to be some really poor writing on these vents so I just wanted to highlight it for you. What is bizzare u seem so offended that someone would write favorably of Applied from time to time which highlights ur disgruntleness. Why do u care if someone responds favorably on these message boards for Applied medical? Think about the stupidity of your statements you write.

Of course people are going to respond from time to time to lies that are written.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You want to talk about poor writing? Maybe you should learn the difference between they're, there, and their. And while you're at it, stop repeating the same statement three different ways in the same post. You sound uneducated and in need of a 3rd grade grammar lesson.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bitter Buddy that's what ur nickname should be, fyi. Poor writing in the fact that ur posts are riddled with bitterness, name calling, profanity, and hatred bitter buddy which wreaks of being disgruntled. I typed this up via an iPhone like a lot of people so I wasnt referring ur grammar and spelling this isn't an English class bitter buddy. It's the crass flow of your postings it's quite apparent u have some bitterness issues dude.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Applied Brown Noser, it seems where ever you want it is the same carp, did you just copy and paste on several post. And by the way, do you do write like a pre-teen girl, and I am a girl and see nothing sexist about saying that, maybe you have a guilty conscious about something??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, that makes no sense that a female would write like that you are lying on these threads and you know it. Hopefully, Cafe Pharma can find out its ridiculous in my opinion to have someone that clearly has some mental issues being given free reign to write whatever garbage and then make up things to cover their poor and innappropriate comments on these threads. It appears to be the work of the same individual your messages have the same writing dna in all of them if you read thru all of threads and different postings same profanity, over the top comments, etc in all of them.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wouldn't be brown nosing if you didn't stop short.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does CARP mean? Would that be one of your mistakes writing that you have been throwing around at others on this board??

Also, there would be no need to write any gender if what you were saying were true. You would need to only mention you write like a 7th grader, FYI. Nice try covering up your poor posts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This person is not a native English speaker from the US, go figure, someone is worried in the home office about negative posts from so many on cafepharma

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like you were trying to say crap in your sentence is what I think he/she means. FYI- He/she should have pointed out the noticeable misuse of words in your sentence I noticed. You should replace want with (write), and after paste, add (it) and add an (s) to paste if you want to be correct in your grammar it looks like in my opinion. Not that anyone cares since I really doubt people are really proof reading their messages on here. I think its pretty noticeable your grammar appears to be off as well. I am no english major but that looks pretty noticeable. lol

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why booze and pills?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok so here's my take on AM, but you will not be coached or given positive feedback on anything you do. The culture here is simply based on threats to hit numbers. Managers here are typically AM "lifers" and simply do not have the proper skills most managers in med device have to develop people. its an ok first job into medical sales but outside of that don't bother.

As for all the bitter comments, I have to say they are fairly true. There is absolutely zero positive feelings amongst the sales force. In fact due to the terrible commission structure and low salaries the feeling most reps have is Applied does not care about them one bit..and unfortunately its true. I've seen it happen so many times that good people are screwed over so bad they are forced to leave and nobody cares.

Lastly, I do agree with previous posters on the CEO. I've never seen such a hypocrite. He won't pay anyone at even industry standard rates yet he and his family work with impunity and receive significantly higher salaries than other employees. Although the company has done fairly well over the last few years, Said has limited opportunities to make money further. NEWSFLASH…its not that difficult Applied execs!! Salespeople are motivated by money and being appreciated for what they do. Thats it. But this seems impossible for AM to simply want to retain all these good people by paying them slightly more, and forget about any positive recognition. There will be none of that. Its very demoralizing and thats why morale among the sales divisions is at an all time low. I also HIGHLY doubt there is any sort of pay increase set for Dec 1 as one poster said…that would be equivalent to the apocalypse

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, so ur speaking collectively for over 3000 employees at applied medical? Your obviously a former bitter employee because it has already been announced at the company nationwide and the whole sales force got mandatory pay raises from the person u call greedy and a tyrant.

I think u forget there are companies like Stryker that offer a lot of positions commission only and what u say isn't accurate there is a big downsizing of pay with all of the big medical device companies because of the Obama care tax.

How do u think their revenues grow each year if what ur saying we're true? That doesn't make any sense.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometimes when a manager is trained in their skill and have surrounding qualities that fulfill themselves as individuals it enables them to dig deeper than the typical self motivated superficial manager that is as deep as the clothes that they wear. This diamond in the rough steps out of the box of comfort to lead the way toward positive sales progression while training and retaining a quality sales management force. The addition burden of tax with Obama Care is cumbersome and not located to one company. For Applied revenues grow when a sales force is educated, motivated, and willing to fight for opportunities to not only grow business but save hospitals money in the process. The new energy device Voyant is untested in a crowded field of devices. As Applied sales managers the opportunity of selling and burden of fighting through the competition in order to gain market share is hoisted upon your shoulders. With hard work and consistency you will not only make sense you will make positive business connections that will help you to hoist your own career credentials while lifting a Privately owned company to a whole new level!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's people like this that make pills and booze crucial.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is crazy, why is he management team posting on cafepharma? This is complete crap, low morale and turnover are at all time highs