TFNA Nail Breaks?

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by anonymous, Jun 19, 2019 at 4:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, race to the bottom with J&J. Killed the cuture, killed the morale, now killing whats left of the name recognition that Synthes once had. Glad HJW is still alive to see what he did to his once great company. Maybe he doesn't care, but he used to be so prideful of the Synthes brand.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's interesting because I too felt like HJW wasn't that uptight about the money. I know, stupid statement. But, he already had all the money he needed. Maybe he didn't trust anyone enough to truly call the shots for Synthes.

4. D Balls

D Balls Guest

TFNA is a lost cause... Synthes won’t invest the dollars to make it right. They could care less about nails breaking! They’ll just blame the surgeons on the failures... would you like some bone poop with that doc?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Being a legacy guy for 20 + so sad to see what is happening to this once great company.

The greed that is slowly dismantling and we will soon be at a point of no return. We have done this to ourselves.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too have been here 22 years, We past the point of no return long ago. Don't pine away for the good old days, it's not healthy and it's over.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The amazing thing is HJW doesnt care, he has a new beautiful company he owns overseas now

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you have it all wrong. the good old days continue. DS sales consultants continue to follow the path of defrauding customers.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

stuff like this is all over fda maude database
    reported that on (b)(6) 2019, the patient underwent a removal of short trochanteric femoral nail advanced (tfna) and helical blade due to nonunion visible on x-rays 9 weeks post-operative and delayed healing. The surgeon said that the implant was too small for his femur and had to go to a long tfna. During revision, the short tfna was discovered broken intra-operatively at the junction of the tfna nail and helical blade. Fragments were easily removed. There was no surgical delay. Procedure outcome was successfully completed. Patient outcome was unknown. Concomitant device reported: helical blade (part # unknown, lot # unknown, quantity # 1); locking screw (part # unknown, lot # unknown, quantity # 1). This report is for one (1) 11mm/135 deg ti cann tfna 170mm - sterile. This is report 1 of 1 for (b)(4). This (b)(4) captures post-op event involving a nonunion and broken tfna nail, while (b)(4) captures intra-op event involving a helical blade that was hard to implant.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ya know what I think? It's the same few disgruntled people posting negative things consistently.
    I am legacy Synthes, with the company today and very satisfied. This company is stronger than ever and poised to continue dominating. The article on TFNA breakage is weak on many levels.

J&J is the #1 Medical device company in the world for a great many awesome reasons.

My advice to those with a chip, forgive those that have done you wrong, and forgive yourselves too. Move on, be happy and grateful. Posting crap and starting fights in the end hurts you the most; let it go. You will be happy that you did. Enjoy the day for all!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From the FDA for the month of June - 9 nail breaks and 5 helical blade migrations

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Out of how many?

If they handle this like Attune then the Synthes reps are in for a world of hurt.