The BIG AXE is coming...

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Aug 1, 2019 at 7:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Think logically about this...Consumer health, gone...Mylan Deal, more business gone...yes some of the people will go with the divisions to the new company(s), but there are MANY central functions that support all divisions that will be left overstaffed....finance, accounting, marketing, quality, compliance...just to name a few...if you don't think there will be move to significantally lean down, your head is in the sand...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well stated.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you're saying they might thin the ranks of the ELT?

NOT EVER!

The poor slobs doing their dirty work will always get the axe.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology and rare disease sales divisions to expand. Primary care sales divisions gone in 2023. 60% reduction June 2020.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have to laugh that oncology is perceived by so many as the elite place to be. Hahahahaha! First, it’s worse than PC for access, and second, the doctors know about anything new long before the rep clues him/ her in.
    Expansions are,what killed the pharma rep positions. Too f-ing many poorly trained reps running around with nothing of value to say to a doctor except “Lunch is served”.
    The knowledge needed to present to a doctor MAY be somewhat more technical in onc, but in reality, not. Also, in reality, a rep isn’t going to present anything but the canned marketing crap being the good little robots we are, and few doctors will take the time to discuss anything
    at length with most reps. They want to hear something they don’t know, not an advertisement.
    So, if onc reps think their days aren’t numbered, and they’re in an elite class, you’re dreaming and living in your own fantasyland.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These moves are clearly more like cleaning money space for a huge buyout. Perhaps Bristol Myers?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. We are getting things in order for exactly that bid once they close their Celgene deal. Will create a powerhouse in immune-oncology with 10 launches in 18 months. Will create formidable inflammation unit. Cardio will be sold.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, two shitshows combining into one. Can’t wait. Maybe I’ll finally get a nice buyout or severance, take my pension and GTFO of here. With drug prices under attack, this is no longer the gig it used to be. Expect mass layoffs on both sides.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something is brewing. Primary care can’t possibly be making us any profit, not with the bags we are carrying. 3 reps plus exact sciences calling on docs for cologuard? Eucrisa numbers for high prescribers in single digits per month. Chantix going off patent. The future is in oncology since we don’t have anything for diabetes. Then there is all the focus on activity metrics for the field. I just want to make it to my planned retirement date in less than two years. I for one would welcome a golden handshake.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true. As for "science", we can't even talk about the few studies promos gives us. We can only hand them out a wish they get read, thoroughly. We all know they throw them away or only skim the abstract. But the real sell is in the body of the article.

I've also found the most impactful scientific articles are in our references sections. Yet we have none of them to discuss.

If Pfizer doesn't give a shit to give us a fighting chance, I don't either. I just now laugh at our "leadership" and pity the patients.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I&I is the only “safe space!”

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Three shitshows.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oops! I stand corrected. Thanks!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re joking right?! Maybe bio similar but derm is a joke. The BS primary care metrics and top writers in single digits per week. No access and no plans to get any. To the reps who have no Medicaid coverage they tell us it’s not profitable but yet have us compete and reward the reps who are killing it in ‘nonprofitable’ areas. Texas, Florida same names all the time with a few exceptions. The management in the West is a joke and MB is a pompous, arrogant douche bag with no vision. My offices tell me it’s easier for them to get Dupixent than Eucrisa. What a joke! Some of my biggest Medicaid offices also largest Dupixent writers. 60% year end stretch goal. Barely any of the districts in the green now. Ok I guess I’ve ranted enough for tonight.