The mass exodus

Discussion in 'Kimberly-Clark' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2011 at 9:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VAP...or wait I'm sorry...I meant respiratory.....and DH reps many looking for other jobs and bailing. I heard a few are in the middle of the interview process and a few even ready for final interviews.

California and particularly the Northeast is in trouble. All of you do yourselves a favor. Don't tell ANYONE what your plans are. Keep it to yourself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard some people are VERY unhappy too. It's a shame. I'm sure some of them are great at what they do and the company might lose some very talented people.

A true shame!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

QA issues seems to be a major problem. They can't seem to get it right these days.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two area managers bailed and trying to recruit a few of their favorites too.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

make that three. one hasn't been announced yet.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Darn...you beat me to it. So far JW, JP and EY resigned. I know one other that might be but can't confirm yet.

It's a shame. They're all pretty good guys and unfortunately word on the street is that two of the sales reps that work under two of those managers are leaving as well. One is vocal about it and the other one is emphatically denying it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do. That will just be insult to injury if they leave.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is one more manager leaving. And many reps are looking. The managers were tired of the pressure put on them from upper management while their sales reps have nothing to sell. MAP catheter? Stealing business from yourself. Close an account-lose dollars- lose commission- lose rankings-go on plan-lose job. Damn shame. This company is filled with world class sales reps and managers. All being wasted.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Silence.....come on...tell us when you're leaving. We know!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh well..another one is leaving within the next 10 days or so. heard they are just waiting for background check and the other incidentals before they give notice.

This is enough to convince me. Time to start looking, NOW!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a great thing that our goals were lowered $35. Unfortunately it's like the marriage that has gone bad. The spouse changes for the better but so much has happened that you just can't look back. Divorce in inevitable.

Unfortunately thatis where many many people are at. If the economy was good a lot more people would have left.

We already know that JW, JP and EY found other jobs. That being said opportunities do exist. If you are good at what you do then you WILL find another job. That's a great thing for the top talented people. If they are looking, they will indeed find another job. It's not so much finding a job it's finding one that works for you.

The competitors have been starting to go after a few people that have left their mark in there territory. They are trying to scoop them up for expansions, backfills and adjoining territories.

So many good people here. The tenured folks know their stuff! Some of the newbies know their stuff too. Probably have to worry more about the new guys than the tenured folks. They don't have much invested in the company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody is going anywhere. Quit your yapping unless you have proof!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lets see... if you look at the VAP rankings, you will see 10 territories with the words 'not here long enough to make trip' (or something similar). This represents territories that are either empty of have a rep in place for less than one year. This means that 20% of the salesforce has left in the past 12 months. there are currently 3 open managers territories . This also represents 20% of the managers. Need more proof? Yap, yap, yap.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree with you more...but what does the past have to do with the future? Do we really know who's leaving? If you do..please share the names!

Thanks!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, so here we go.

My theory is that the new upper management (CL) is trying to make KC device just that, a true device company. Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I have heard that he wants to make KC a player in the device market, and he has plans to do just that.

For to long we have been a supply/consumer goods company trying to be a device company and for the most part has been OK, but with some basic structural issues because device is such a different animal compared to supply. With the new influx of reps in DH that are younger, hungrier and most coming from true device companies, I believe we will see a "changing of the guard" so to speak. The old way of doing things is changing. These new reps are more agressive, hungry to succeed and move up and will bring new ideas and ways of doing things to the table.

My opinion is that many of the tenured reps/managers will not like the higher pressure environment that will come with a true "device" company mindset and will start looking elsewhere. I have been in this business for a long time and this kind of thing happens from time to time. All companies need a bit of a shake up, and I think it will benefit Kimberly-Clark Device in the long run.

I've heard that upper management is pressuring the RM's to work with under-performing reps NOW in order to try to get the territories turned around before an official PIP is implemented. Reps are going to be held accountable for their numbers as never before.

I for one welcome the new environment. I think we have great products on both sides, have the ability to strengthen our portfolio with product acquisitions or partnerships, and with the right leadership and mindset, KC could become a real player in the device world. We have for the most part a good reputation and respect of not only clinicians but also hospital systems and GPO's. All we need is a few more products to round out the portfolios and some basic structural changes in manufacturing and distribution to bring us up to par with the Boston Sci's of the device world.

The managers that left all left because they came from true device companies (maybe EY is an exception), they probably didn't like how KC was structured, products, whatever and left for better opportunities, not because KC is a sinking ship. I have no idea why the reps have left so I really can't speak to that, maybe for some of the reasons I have mentioned above.

I think KC Device has a bright future and I for one am happy to be here. I have worked Pharma as well as hard core device before coming to KC, and I could not be happier. We have a good work/life balance, decent products, much respect and not many doors are closed to us.

My guess is that if you are good at what you do, better opportunities/more money, will always present themselves to you from time to time. It happens. And some people will choose to take them.

KC device is a good company with no fatal flaws and will be around for a long time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I respect your optimism and hope you're right. My guess is you haven't been here very long? Unfortunately we've heard that mesaage for 10 years. K-C's culture just won't allow it to happen. K-C is not a device company and I fear never will be. CL will realize soon enough that he can't impact change in a culture that's taken decades to establish. My guess is he's gone in less than a year. Keep in mind he hasn't relocated yet, always a red flag.

Reps have left for this very reason--they can't wait for K-C to grow up and become a real device company. Manager's are leaving because too much is broken (yes, there are fatal flaws) and they've lost control. DP and Human Resources are directing this company. I'm beginning to look. I can't stick around and continue to watch an Engineer, Human Resources, and a temporary VP continue to make choices that are detrimental to the device business.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MM JS PS FM all to be leaving soon. Don't let them fool you. They have to stay on the
    down-low. It's not in their best interest to let that cat out of the bag just yet.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are these people? Managers? Reps? In-House?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone is scewing around on here. None of the above people are leaving!
    NONE!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is not going to be a "mass exodus". People come and go. It's probably just coincidental that 3 managers happened to have left in a short period of time.

It should make the employees happy. More opportunity for advancement!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"reps are going to be held accountable for their numbers like never before?" REALLY?
    Oh please..talk to me when the company can figure out how to provide the numbers.
    This entire salesforce is disgusted with the way data is provided. Missing tracings, allocations, accounts with no names attached to them and the list goes on and on. So don't even talk about "being accountable".
    We don't have anything to be accountable to because we don't have accurate data. Perhaps if the company could work on that they might be able to retain some folks. Nobody sees a solution happening any time soon and with that situation around... the flight risk of losing some good people is high. Keep close to the people you want to keep. They are loose canons and can bail at any time.
    Things on the VAP side are bad but from what I hear...it's no picnic with digestive health either. Top performers are looking to get out because nobody can provide answers to these questions.
    Good lucj to all of you. I hope you find that job that "pays for performance" That moto certainly isn't happening here. No raise but....we're going to increade your bonus by $5k (but not a lot of people are going to get it).. oh and lets lower your quota and still a lot of people not hitting a number. What's wrong here? Why can't you provide accurate data.
    I give up! I'm so out of here as soon as I find another job. That might be soon.