The opposite of diverse?

Discussion in 'Acumed' started by anonymous, Apr 11, 2023 at 4:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am looking into a role at this company, and I just looked at the leadership team. From what I can tell, the leadership team is 90% male and 100% white. Could that be the reality of working there? I am a man of color with a vast background in the industry... but the optics of working at a company like this makes me nervous. I have not applied yet. Should I? Any idea if this is old data or if they are trying to improve? Has it always been this way?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

diversity troll..

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can you share what you mean? I am sincerely asking

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, that pretty much answers your question.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[
    IDIOT

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6769654"]I am looking into a role at this company, and I just looked at the leadership team. From what I can tell, the leadership team is 90% male and 100% white. Could that be the reality of working there? I am a man of color with a vast background in the industry... but the optics of working at a company like this makes me nervous. I have not applied yet. Should I? Any idea if this is old data or if they are trying to improve? Has it always been this way?[/QUOTE]

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL was thinking the same thing. I can assume that the OP saw that and decided to look for another gig.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then you will be a rarity. You will be protected as expected. Did it ever occur to you that our demographics are like that for a good business reason?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"our demographics are like this for good business reasons" = "We think only white men make good business decisions so that is all we hire and promote"
    Yikes