This company is full of discriminations

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Mar 1, 2019 at 4:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah. Big news for everyone who thought HR was an employee advocate. HELL NAW!!! HR is and has always been the corporations' agents (any corporation) for controlling the workforce (sometimes referred to as "managing"). HR does the bidding of the company when it comes to employees. If you want someone to truly represent you and fight for you, see your pastor or join a union. But never, NEVER ever expect HR to be on your side. They are only there to make sure you do what the company wants, when they want it and how they want it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can’t imagine working for a company without having any dignity or moral principles; especially as an HR professional.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true, the HR rep who was supposedly supporting IT during recent reorgs was famous for telling a different version of the story depending on who she as talking to at the time. She stepped in it and was caught so many times. But hey, she still has a job and a great gig, flying all over the world racking up those freq flyer miles.

Don’t count on HR at JnJ, they are just there to check the box.

4. JackDempsey

JackDempsey new user

Have you ever worked in HR?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree, MS is manipulative, sleazy and an outright liar. Forget that she is supposed to be an advocate in HR for us, she is an advocate only for herself. Her actions were despicable over the past few years. she has probably been given a lot of leeway because of her situation, but advertising all her ‘perks’ flying all over the world needs to be reeled in. No one else can travel for legitimate reasons to get work done but our HR rep can travel to give her TED talk? Humm...someone should give this some attention.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you think I left the company?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR at DePuy Synthes is the absolute, undeniably most untrustworthy group I have ever encountered. While working as a manager at DePuy Synthes myself and a colleague met with our HR rep looking for advice on next steps to get one of our employees back on track. In the past this employee was an excellent performer, we were only looking for our HR partners insight. His suggestion was to put the individual immediately on a PIP. Followed by if we do not see "significant improvement" then terminate him. I thought to myself terminate him?!? This individual was a top performer the year before, our organization has invested countless dollars training this individual. Why is HR suggesting we set this guy up to be fired? I explained to our HR counterpart that we can't do that, this person was a top performer just last year. He said and I quote "we are JNJ we can do anything. The employee in question was let go the following year.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Putting an employee on a PIP is HR's
    answer to almost all performance issues. It's quick and easy and frees up their time to go back to kissing their supervisors butt.

And the "we're JNJ, we can anything" thinking is exactly how this company has ended up knowingly selling cancer-causing talc for decades.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes Melissa is the absolute worst HR representative that I have come across in my career. She is playing everyone and disregards processes that she is supposed to ensure are followed, to make her buddies happy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I lived the credo dream for many years, turned 50 and got axed. The worst part is believing the Credo BS, actually caring about improving our communities. I couldn't afford to fight JnJ legally - tactic of stall, appeal, appeal. Look at the Abestos lawsuits. Majority are overturned. Now living on the outside, I see the deception, corruption, financial waste. Pathetic. Jump ship before you jump off a bridge.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry that happened. You are among thousands that they’ve done the same thing to. Unless you have someone above you to cover you until you get to 55, they’d do it to every employee. It is a financial calculation.

The credo used to be real, but now it is a marketing lure targeting their own employees. They market to employees like they do to doctors, nurses and consumers... with half truths and slight of hand claims.

It is a job. Should be a stepping stone to something else after you put in a few years. Pay is good, but no one should drink the kool-aid.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i know quite a few long term JnJ peeps so I knew the credo was a bunch of crap when they bought Synthes. You can imagine how amused I was to hear Whoresinger tell us all in the cafe at WC about how great it was JnJ had a credo. But I was in enough meetings with him prior to that so I knew he was a moron.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the age discrimination history at JnJ, here is how it played out in my case.
    Division announced restructuring. Leadership submits a blueprint to HR who then vets the economic value of employees. Anyone nearing 55 is in jeopardy and gets axed. I saw it over and over, people at age 54 even, people in fundamental roles, sacrificed. Rumors circulated that everyone that leaves jnj is happier afterwards. I confirm that is true. A company that does make life altering products, guided by a greedy management that protects their piles of gold. Sad that a vast majority of employees sacrifice to save lives - whereas Goresky and crew hoard the gold.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn’t it ironic, for a company who claimed to have a very strong credo as the fundamentals and DNA of its culture, even with a credo section that mentioned job security for the employees, is actually the opposite in reality.

Shame on you Alex and the leadership team for letting this happening in the company!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn’t it ironic, for a company who claimed to have a very strong credo as the fundamentals and DNA of its culture, even with a credo section that mentioned job security for the employees, is actually the opposite in reality.

Shame on you Alex and the leadership team for letting this happening in the company!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Happens in every company, probably worse than jnj. If you are not happy, leave. Why just complain. This is not a non profit organization and life is not fair all the time. So many crybabies gosh!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whatever credo you guys are talking about is just a PR and gimmicks. No one cares. You must be dreaming if you really think that this company is following any kind of credo in their actions. It is all about bottom lines.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been here for more than 2 years and it feels like I am following a cult with the credo. It is very superficials and fake on what the management say about the credo vs. how they run the company.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is a cult indeed.