Unbelievable!!! Sanofi coming after EX Employees Backpay!!!

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by eldorado73, Jul 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Until Sanofi/Ceridian can prove 100% exactly why you owe this back, and until they can show you a document that you signed stating you'd pay back any overages etc... KEEP IT!!

I would demand a million documents regarding this for proof.

I had this happen when I left a different pharma company. It had to do with accrued vacation, but when they hired us, they had not use that wording. It was understood, if you left before the end of the year, you just left. Used vacation was not an issue.

Then, they changed the wording for new hires and tried to come after me. I demanded proof I had signed something stating I would pay back vacation if I left, and they had nothing. They dropped the matter. If they put wording in my file about not hiring me back, that's fine because I wouldn't ever go back.

Bottom line...they paid you the money for a reason. It IS yours until they prove it's not!!!

I am still working at Sanofi and I do appreciate having a job. However, every day I'm stressed to the max over the way this company treats people. The things that are going on these days here make me need to find a new job.

Good luck!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Although, this situation reinforces to me how hypocritical upper mgmt is. SomeONE at the top initiated the letter. It's pathetic. Embarrassing.

Agree with OP. The NY Times would be ALL OVER THIS STORY!.......& the press would be awful for the co. I say.....Go for it!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't see them sending you to collections without a Judgment. You could say your neighbor owes you $2000 and if he doesn't pay you he will go to collections. Doesn't happen this way. They can sue you for the money but is it worth it, If they did send you to collections you could dispute it with the collection agencies and most likely win.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you've ever had a lawyer, use their tactic. Delay, delay, delay.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's a profit share buyout? I do know that when I left in 2012, after more than 7 years, I was offered lump sum pension payout vs. annuity type payout after reaching a certain age. Thanks.

6. eldorado73

eldorado73 Guest

You are right, that is what I meant. I took the pension buyout. I assumed there was no way S-A would be around when I retire.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good. Then, I believe, in that paperwork there is a statement in which sanofi cuts the ties, stating something to the effect that by accepting the lump sum pension distribution the relationship between The Company and employee is terminated and nothing more forthcoming from the company. And I believe the employee needed to sign and acknowledge this. If by Sanofi's own will, they have severed any future relationship and requested your sign off on this, sanofi has no right to resume a relationship with you. Look for that paperwork, it might be helpful to your case.

8. eldorado73

eldorado73 Guest

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Share the outcome if you can. I will be pleased to read if you're good, and are able to tell them to go away.

10. eldorado73

eldorado73 Guest

Well I received a letter today saying if I didn't pay up ASAP I was being sent to collections. I then sent an email to Ceridian, since SA won't take my calls, letting them know that until SA can show me how my Q1and Q2 bonuses were calculated I can't verify their claim.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN. The above posts are spot on. The "shell games" they have always played with out bonuses were laughable. Basically they weren't going to pay out over a certain amount no matter how successful we were in driving numbers. It was all a joke. False motivation.

Not as bad as the Oncology non-payout stunt they pilled,
    I remember the top ten Aplenzin reps being promised a brand new Lexus which they literally had on the floor of the POA ballroom with this huge to-do about it, disco lights, managers asking us what color we wanted. Guess what...oh never mind. We didn't make goals overall so u no body gets the Lex after all. Who got fired for that? No one...they probably got a promotion for misleading the sales force with a big sell without clearly disclosing the fine print upfront. Kind of reminds me of how my DM wanted sales calls executed.

Left the industry years ago and much happier and proud now.

Lots of people got this threatening (yet vague) letter. I've heard most are asking for almost 3K. Until they show PROOF documented, and my signature on allowing this, they will get nothing from me. In fact, if they even try to put me into collections,

I will sue THEM!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sanofi use the the law firm Dewey Cheetum and Howe

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a current employee, and Sanofi said the same thing to me. They just pulled the money out of my paycheck. No documentation, they just took the money.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That took a few seconds then we busted out laughing. Sad but probably true.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got the same letter and laughed it off. I didn't work for Ceridian. Sanofi wants their money they can send the request and respond to me themselves. Until they do, Ceridian can threaten me all they want. Let them try to put me in collections! I've documented my requests for information to both. The dates don't match up, the options don't match up, it all looks to me and my lawyer like a sham. Followed my lawyers advice and just waiting to see what happens. Ceridian was a joke from the getgo. And nope don't owe them that's why I am not paying them.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depending on what state you live in they legally can't do that, and I believe even if you live in a state that doesn't have a law, they can't without notifying you. I think there is also only a certain percentage they can take in one paycheck out.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So check this out. I received the same letter - 18 months after I left the company. I asked for proof -I am not going to send a check for $4000'just because I got some letter telling me to do so. I received their " proof" saying the money was deposited in 4/20/12. Well, I pulled my bank statement from the same time and show NO deposits from sanofi on 4/20 or any other time in April. I sent it straight over.

Then I receive an email today saying they will agree to " settle" if I just pay $1800. This is like extortion. I wasn't paid anything! How is this legal

I am thinking of putting together a class- action suit against ciridian and sanofi - is anyone in this post interested in pursuing? Please reply

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I might be interested in a class action. I haven't paid back anything yet but I fear for my job and have been given until 12/27/13 to pay back.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sorry that you still work there and fear for your job. I am working with a lawyer who says to make them provide details- history if deposits, dates etc. do the same- should buy you some time past 12/27. This company is unbelievable. If my lawyer thinks we can press on this, I will find a way to get his info your way.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks and definitely keep me posted. I know this is a widespread issue. I've talked to 2 others in just my area who had the same problem. I have been threatened via email and certified mail. All of my requests for any sort of documentation have been fruitless. Out of fear I am trying to come up with the very large amount of money they want back by the deadline.