UNITED HEALTHCARE LAWSUIT...

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have used the help that you have gave me :) I think you have a real frustrated and depressed participating client that seems to not be getting anywhere with the insurance company or his doctor. I have contacted insurance company and my doctors and who ever else I neded to and eventually what I had to do was change my doctor. Now what happens after this with my insurance company I don't know as of yet but that remanins to be seen yet as far as paying my bills. Only the future will tell.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a scam! They receive money from AARP so that seniors will trust them with their Medicare benefits. My mother is out over $50,000 because United Health Care refused to give us all the facilities we could take my father after a stroke. We appealed and our appeal was "mistakenly" sent to the wrong office. The appeal wasn't "officially" received until almost 60 days after it was sent so it became a "post care appeal". All the doctors were afraid to treat my father because he had United Health Care (Secure Horizons), so the proper tests were delayed or refused.
    My father died. How do I sue them?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My heart goes out to you in losing your father and being caught up in Corporate Medicine and the evil United Healthcare system.

Now the giant HMOs are demanding that our Government make sure every citizen in the USA is under the control of the evil HMO system and only then will they insure those with an existing condition.

Those are their terms. The fact that the Press is actually selling this idea as plausible is disturbing. The fact that this evil is even being considered by our Representatives is despicable. Call you Representative and demand that the giant HMOs like United Healthcare be PUT OUT OF BUSINESS before there is any talk of insuring all Americans.

The evil and cruelty that we Americans have suffered at the hands of these truly evil Corporations MUST STOP. The only way it is going to stop is if the Amercian public revolt, stand up and do something. Just how bad does it have to get here before you actually act up? The Europeans are out in force at every G8-20 meeting, they are vocalizing the truth about corporate greed and impudence. Where are the Americans??!!

Wake up and do something, America, unless you enjoy being abused by Corporate Medicine...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The health care and the insurance companies have every excuse under the sun of what happens and neer admit it there fault, we are treated these days as cows in barn but worse.

If I were you I would contact an personal, wrongful death lawyer and have all your paper work and have dates, phone records, anything that will help. Usually they do a free consultation and most times they have a good case they will do a contingency fee( which means you pay nothing till the case settled). We had filed a wrongful death suit against the pharmach. and hosp and won the case. But if you have a case it takes years to settle 3-5 years

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

United Healthcare is nothing but a giant scam, and the companies who use United are also crappy.

I moved from a TV station with bluecross/blueshield to UHC. WIth UHC I pay higher premiums and it seems like every dr's visit we get an explanation of benefits denying something that should be covered.

What a joke. We pay thousands of our dollars for laughable coverage.

My wife had a trapped nerve and the hospital called asking for a downpayment before the surgery since UHC would only cover 90% of the surgery.

We promptly cancelled the surgery and the hospital (sinai hospital in baltimore) is a fucking joke. My daughters birth, they billed for procedures that ere never done, and sent 5-10 300-500$ bills to us. When we requested itemized versions of those bills, they were never sent, and we could never get anyone in billing at sinai to speak to us.

Few months later after multiple calls requesting itemized bills through an automated system, we get letters from a collection agency.

So both the hospitals and UHC are out to screw you. My guess is the hospital saw we had UHC and called before to try and get their money.

The end result is nobody got the money. My wife would rather live in pain and try other methods covered by insurance -- even her doctor was astonished and appaled at sinai and UHC.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

----these assholes are going down, no more ignoring my requests-now I have been audited by the IRS for medical costs..United is responsible for the discrepency -will not cooperate. They are going to be in deep shit for liability when the IRS denies my legitimate out of pocket expenses that United never paid when they should have... GSK is involved as well. So along with their ongoing Federal investigation for the last 5 years into criminal marketing practices --it will be shown how they cooperate with UHC to screw up their employees lives, when in fact - GSK is self insured. I can't wait ...get Garnier back to ther US instead of friggin Dubai..HE belongs in jail and until that happens-none of the corruption will stop. H ekilled and maimed people in all sorts of ways--count them. I can and will if ever asked to testify. So long Garnier and all your slimebag cohorts like Hull, Stout, Ingram and the rest. Ask Arjun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Senator Puts UnitedHealth Execs on Payments Hot Seat
    Among health insurance CEOs, Stephen Hemsley of UnitedHealth is known for shying from the limelight and rarely submits to press interviews, let alone cross-examination at a congressional committee hearing.

So it was something of a star turn when he testified today before the Senate Commerce Committee over whether UnitedHealth and other insurers have systematically underpaid consumers for out-of-network care. Sen. John D. Rockefeller, the committee’s chairman, is delving into the industry’s controversial payment-setting practices more than two months after New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo began reaching settlements with the industry’s biggest players over the issue.

But the hearing marks the first time top industry executives have been called to publicly defend the practices. The senator from West Virginia has said he wants to determine whether federal legislation is needed to ensure changes to out-of-network payment practices happen in every state, not just New York.

Joining Hemsley at the witness table was Andy Slavitt, head of UnitedHealth’s Ingenix unit, which runs the database that aggregates and supplies the data on “usual and customary” medical charges that insurers use to set out-of-network payments. Like Cuomo (see more on his more recent efforts here), Rockefeller charges that the numbers in the database are skewed, sticking “consumers with billions of dollars that the insurance industry should have been paying.”

However uncomfortable the questioning got — at one point the West Virginia Democrat asked the two executives how they slept at night — Hemsley denied the price data was skewed. He also argued that the database helped set standards for the price of medical care. “The committee knows better than most that physician reimbursement based on nothing but the doctor’s bill is simply not economically tenable for consumers nor our health care system,” he said. UnitedHealth’s agreement with the New York AG’s office to transfer the databases to an independent, non-profit operator isn’t to acknowledge wrongdoing, but to make such medical price information more transparent, he added.

That didn’t appear to satisfy the committee chairman. Calling the UnitedHealth executives’ testimony “profoundly troubling,” Rockefeller said he plans to ask government officials to look into how many federal employees may have been shortchanged for out-of-network care over the years. He’s also sending requests to nearly 20 insurers to explain how they used the Ingenix database.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well here is another one of there scams!! I went to the hospital to get help, well to make a story short I had to see an neurosurgeon well it came to be I had to have a MRI( which showed I had a ruptured disk and need surgery) before I could have the MRI the insurance told my doctor I had to take anti-inflammitories this was back in Oct of 2008 for 30 days before they would authorize the MRI. Well for 30 days I did as they asked. Well I had the MRI as they approved then get a bill in the mail NOT COVERED for 2,100.00. Who gives them the right to authorize something that is not covered as they say? That should be up to me and whether I can afford to pay for it This all had to do with my deductable and come to find out there was 3200.00 applied to my deductible so if they had of done the surgery before the end of last year I would have only had to pay 1800.00 to get the surgery. And mind you all this was done before the end of the year. Now because of there scamming now the doctors want the full $5,000 for the surgery because of the new year.

Well told them and the insurance to crap on themselves and found a new doctor who would do the surgery and work with me. This company and a few others are a total joke and legalized scam artist along with some of there contracted doctors who are only in the system for the money not for the health and well being of the patients. Nice creed the doctors take and have these days!!!!

I sure hope that someone takes there butts to the cleaners and there is a total investigation on the legal rackeeting this company and there CEO'S and EX.'S are doing or put them out of business. The American people don't deserve this and we are plain tired of getting screwed and paying more taxes for all these companies for all there major screw ups and there get rich sceams.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the way!!! With all the people having to pay for almost every test, procedure, dr. appointment, and the high cost of the insurance prem.'s ect.. and the insurance paying nill... why do we need insurance? Do what the the rest do have the goverment pay!! HEHE!! Then when the government gets tired of pay.. pay... pay then maybe they will do something!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is GSK self insured? I might have something to add. I don't work o didn't work for GSK but had UNH and had some problems. Who should I contact?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a company is going to pay its CEO $1.6 billion, it has to screw people.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The insurance company will still pay. the doctor is the one who wants the money upfront. The insurance company does not make that rule they have no idea if you paid the doctor the ded or not. i would also check with youre insurance chance are you meet a portion of that ded already.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uhc is the Sam walton of the healthcare industry I know they put a choke hold on quite a few North eastern healthcare companies and took over

they do have some issues with their accounting sometimes
    kids went to the same doctor for same issue they paid all of the claim $120. on one kid and a $1 on the other but remember the diagnosis and provider were the same person for both kids....Go Figure!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im now $12,000 in debt because UHC denied my emergency room visit coverage. they paid $26.00 because they deemed my condition a "non-emergency". I was misdiagnosed with a UTI and given the wrong antibiotic when in acuality I had a kidney infection from the E. coli bacteria which was causing me to vomit, shake and writhe in pain for days. they have also denied payment for 3 other diagnostic tests I had done which are PRE-APPROVED tests. nope they arent paying for those either. some healthcare coverage. Id welcome any advice! RideNJ79@gmail.com

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would suggest that you get a copy of both claims, a statement from your doctor stating that the ER misdiagnosed you and write a detailed letter and send it to the Appeals Dept. Send in copies, keep the originals. Have your id number on ALL papers you send in. Also, send it certified mail. That way they can't say that they didn't receive it.

I do hope that this helps. If this doesn't work, I would suggest that you contact an attorney. :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my daughter was involved in a bad vehicle accident 5 years ago. UHC denied the claims for her last surgery which was a rotator cuff repair. She still had coverage at the time. They told us that the hospital had not filed the bill with them. My attorney checked into the problem and found that the hospital had filed the claim 3 times and each time UHC denied the claim. We have ended up paying the hospital out of the money she received. Do you think that is fair? Do you think that UHC had the right to deny the claim for which premiums were paid ?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think it is bad now? Wait till socialized medicine happens. Wait till universal health care happens. Wait till Obama gets his way and our current system is destroyed.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the current system is NOT destroyed, then what it is? Neither UK nor Canada has a destroyed Healthcare system. And it is NOT a socialized healthcare, as some of the lobbyists are calling it, whatever it will be it will be better than (deny, get paid, make money for NOT doing service, put people’s life at risk and then claim it was an accident) that is what ALL the current corrupted health insurance companies are doing, anyone can prove me wrong?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is nothing being done about this company and their shadyness? I have had UHC for years and they were at one time a good company, but according to every dr.'s office I have gone into has told me they went downhill when they merged. I had a surgery a year and a half ago and my primary surgeon used an out of network assistant, without my knowledge. UHC told me several times to appeal the denied claim and that they would pay due to it not being my fault. The last moron I talked to told me I had to have them bill UHC under the primary surgeon's ID number, which I was told today that that can't be done. So here I am stuck with a $1000 bill. Not only that, but I pay out $4700 a year to have them as a secondary insurance and I am having a baby in a month, in which they will not pay a penny toward even though my primary insurance only covers 80%, but because UHC's rates are lower, nothing will be covered by them so not only am I coming out of pocket the $4700 for premiums, but also $1500 for the 20% I have with my primary insurance. I hate UHC, but can't get rid of them until open enrollment for next year. Is there a class action law suit going on anywhere or should I take them to small claims court?

19. Torrance, ca

Torrance, ca Guest

My doctor is having a horrible time getting paid. Every time they or we call United Healthcare their always seems to be a delay in paying them. Its not even a large amount. Under $400. Give me a break. How many hours do we have to call them... Its been months. United Healthcare is using every excuse not to pay.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had UNH last year, during a time when my then 17-year old son threatened to kill himself. I called UNH, and was advised by a crisis counselor to take him to the ER immediately. I did exactly that. My son was then transported to a mental health facility, and stayed for a week. He then had couseling sessions and medication for the next few months. My son is doing well now. Here's the problem.... UNH paid for the week-long stay, and the follow up care, but is DENYING the ER, Ambulance, and Drug Screen bills, totaling nearly $5000. They are claiming a PRE EXISTING CONDITION!!!!! Aside from Chicken Pox when he was little, and the standard well care for children, my son had never been seen by a doctor. They keep sending me forms to fill out, which I have done many times over, but they claim they never receive. They even claim that they sent forms to the Hospital, which the hospital never heard of! These bills are now hitting my credit. I have since changed jobs, and am under a different insurance company, so now there's no incentive for them to pay. What are my rights here?????