ViiV 3DR please or we are toast

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 4, 2019 at 11:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I loved working here during the heady days of Tivicay and Triumeq launches. Those were products that our customers wanted.

Triumeq did great due to DTG. Tivicay+Descovy was an option for docs who didn’t want ABC. Either way 3DR was great.

We had 2 reps and an overlay which was too many reps for the crappy access but we weren’t paid or rated on sales, but on reach/frequency aka faked calls. I cannot lie that everyone enters a call if they set foot in an office.

Then we added a 3rd rep for a giant pod. In my territory it hurt access in the offices where we had decent access.

We added a 3rd rep for a 2DR that no one wants no matter if we add a 4th rep for DTG/3TC.

Then we gave away the 3DR market to Gilead. See below link. Triumeq is losing money faster than Juluca or DTG/3TC can ever replace. Epzicom is bleeding as a generic.

Marlon was smart to retire and Colleen was smart to leave so they can leave the layoffs to Dube. That is when I realized ViiV was dead in terms of how I know it.

We are not account managers. We are now GSK primary care reps with a pod model from the 90s.

We are essentially contract sales reps designed to meet reach and frequency metrics.

At least in the 90s we were paid on sales and were evaluated on sales. Hell we had samples to beg access in tough offices.

We are at ViiV 90s primary care reps, no samples, no sales bonus for sales, Veeva metrics for “staff calls”.

Sorry for venting but ViiV used to be a good place to work. It is now 150 of us hanging on to our salaries and hopefully making it to retirement.

Props to biopharma dive for pointing out that 2DR is not what customers want one iota.

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/biktarvys-success-raises-doubts-about-viivs-new-era-of-hiv-treatment/544112/

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dube is gone.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dube is gone

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah but that is why Dube was brought to ViiV. Next guy or gal up will take care of the dirty work. He didn’t stay long eh.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

now a small player in hiv, and getting smaller. Old ViiV is dead, we might as well be selling AZT

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unquestionable in house that we are seeing a good deal of movement of people from ViiV to other BUs. A few years ago we saw tons of movement in house from resp to ViiV. ViiV senior leadership has overhauled nearly 100% in short order.

Read the tea leaves as you will. Make no mistake we have the same concerns as those who exist in the field. I am positive but I am not naive.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More importantly look at where he landed up. He is at Martin Shkreli's old company. I suspect it wasn't a move of convenience but more of necessity .