What does the future look like for us after this is over?

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Apr 22, 2020 at 9:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anybody gotten any inside information about when they are thinking we might go back in the field or how long they will keep us on in this "virtual" state before they feel like they have to start furloughs?

When (if ever) do you think LTC will be allowed back into the facilities? Or do you think they will be permanently denied access due to concerns about safety for the residents?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think we will be able to enter a LTC facility until sometime in 2021. We are the last people they want to see walk through their doors. They are the heaviest hit with COVID19. I have a feeling we won’t be around long after this is “over”. They are predicting Winter cases are going to be worse than this. Our future looks very bleak.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LTC is toast, by the way , why
    did Nadine leave ?
    She always said how great
    Avanir was.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We need to have access to LTC facilities to grow business. How can I pull residents charts and help diagnose PBA if I can't go unit to unit. How do we funnel kickbacks to a doctor if we can't set up a BS dinner program at a restaurant. I am fearful that LTC is going to be toast.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no doubt vendors will
    not be allowed in nursing homes
    for the rest of this year.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

where did Nadine land?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think Specialty may end up being OK but LTC does not have a good future ahead I'm afraid. I cant see LTC getting back into homes until late fall at the earliest and probably not even then.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard something similar. LTC makes more than specialty, so they wont fully kill ltc. there will be an even smaller ltc force because there is no available cash to wait this out. On the other hand specialty might be in bigger trouble. It's possible that there will be a digital sales push to make up for the lull in specialty. A specialty cut will come in the more expensive markets in favor of digital presence. We will see.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or even longer....Can you just imagine ONE vendor having the virus going into 4-5 nursing homes a day???

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree....I also agree with the previous post.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just call me “ The Insider”. Here is what is going on.
    1. As long as sales keep going the way they are they will not cut people except possibly RBM”s
    2. The ELT is aware that we cannot get in homes until at least the fall or even the end of the year but they don’t want to say it out loud.....Yet.
    3. The ELT does care about the Sales Force and all internal discussions bear that out including the Q 2 payout discussed today. That was a generous thing for the company to do.
    4. We are now discussing the role of the manager. Do we need as many in the future if they cannot do ride alongs? Reps are not going to want to have a manager sitting 2 feet away in a car all day during social distancing. Maybe the manager rents a car and follows the reps around all day is another possibility. I think the days of ride alongs as we have known them is over.
    5. I will post again soon when I can, but for now all is good.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MUHAHAHAAHA!!! Goodbye Managers!! Goodbye you evil witch!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Insider does not know what he is talking about. Avanir is still hiring reps and he said managers should rent cars, they have fleet cars, (he would know that)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

does not matter if they are still hiring. they hired right before layoffs last year, one rep landed from training and got laid off the next week.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LTC as we know it is officially over

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs are coming soon

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well maybe I should continue my search--I am in final stages interviewing for Avanir--TBC

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully the access to LTC facilities will be allowed in the near future. Each State needs to have protocols put in place for vendors.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can LTC survive with a virtual model until things open up again? Maybe the future will look different but there is still a need in LTC!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Inside info, direct from ELT. LTC will SOON be entirely eliminated. ALL reps and managers.
    MOST Specialty managers will be eliminated, no need moving forward, 3-5 max will remain for the nation. ALL new hires over past 4 months will be eliminated. Open territories will be absorbed into existing territories.