Why do the best get laid off????

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We retained the key talent and cut the dead wood. I've taken all the classes so I know what I'm doing

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was one of the best if not the best: Diamond Winner, oldest rep in district, senior rep in territory , high salary, high call activity, etc. The RVP picked me to be let go, but he kept the rep who worked part time, falsified calls, and reduced the size of the territory so she didn't have to drive as much.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

join the club......nc here !

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they have tooooo much in their bennies package!!!

Getting near ten or more years in the company and yer got hot tamales for retirement....
    Keep 'em with under 10 or under 15 year service...any more and you too much in your ultra grey years....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

must be south detroit lingo, certainly not professional or adult.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are sum bag sales people we are talking about here. None of them are "the best".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We needed some young blood to jumpstart the region. Sorry, your stale thoughts and ideas were bring down the team. Its was time to move on.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are no longer the "best" any longer !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sure, but some droids are better than others!

its called enthusiasm for a job that is terrible. its called listening to what the customer is saying and incorporating that into your strategy. its called working in the field 8-5, everyday, five days a week.

not many droids are doing that, are they?

Besides, over 90% of all corporate sales jobs, are droid like. Tell me about a company that isn't. Tell me about an industry that isn't. And if you name that company or industry, they will not pay you more. Often, they pay less.

So, any feedback you have that can help all of us would be greatly appreciated!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on! The best = best paid. Mgt. realized a 10th grade high school student can do the job if they bleach their teeth and smile a lot. I am now spot on and you know it! Why and how could a college degree help? I am a pharmacist and know a lot about the rep job. Your training dept. could train anyone who is an average student in high school to do the same thing a 4.0 college grad can do with the job and the way it is today.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No more.
    Today, the testing in pharma is not easy, and if you fail, you are fired.

Also, 10th graders are lazy.

In pharma, you are tracked every day, and if you slack off, you are going to get called out on that.

So, your post is very silly.

Stick with being a pharmacy person, not business analysis.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharmacists have to stand on their feet a-l-l day and count pills............wonderful career !

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not this one. I work for one of your largest customers and am on the P&T. We just removed one of your drugs from preferred branded. Good luck wise guy/gal.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mr. druggist, drug companies have been putting up with this for years......dontcha' think the P&T committees know which member has been fired from a drug company or has an ax to grind ? Hope you don't get into trouble. Dontcha' think everyone is on to that nonsense .....even if it were true ! In this case , we are certain that you just had to make that snide remark, and it is an untruth... Go back to your rug, and keep counting those little pills.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never worked retail pharmacy in my lifetime. We are about to take another GSK drug and remove it. Major impact in several states very soon. Happy times for reps trying to get a drug moving that is 3rd tier.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many years ago, we took the lead of Lilly as usual, and hired many druggist. We found them to be introverts who could not carry on conversations face to face with people.

So you were not in retail ? So you stand on your rug counting pills at a government institution ? Oh wow. Obviously fired from our great company or perhaps another ? Maybe didn't even get an interview ? So funny, you are kid.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My last post on this childish banter (on your end.) My cousin is a rep with your company. He majored in communications and was a 2.2 GPA student. He loves the "job."
    I have never "counted pills" as you put it. I have worked in consulting, (think a company that holds an annual major seminar that your company spends 10's of thousands of $ to send your Accnt. Mgrs. to attend for 3-4 days.) I was very well-compensated while there. (more than your "2nd level" field managers make most certainly.)
    I worked for a major consulting company that YOUR company hired to train your Managed Care team, since I hope you know that you have NO internal training for them. I worked from home, and flew to training sessions that I had the ability to facilitate or not. (many months I worked 2 days a week-that is counting travel time flying 1st class with limo service.) I am "finishing up" my career with a BCBS organization and will retire next year. Much more info, and I will be found out! I refuse at this point to read any future posts on this crazy string of jealous reps who would do nothing else but fire back-eg-"liar, living in Mom's basement, trailer, under a bridge, et al.) It gets old for those who don't "get it." Your time is limited and your drugs are being moved down the MM ladders as I post. Have fun boys and girls! (keep looking over your shoulder and do not forget that tracking at 4:30 especially on Friday afternoons!)

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tracking at 4:30???? LMAO, they are 3 hours too late! What a putz!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know, it is very sad when someone has to post that he is wonderful and also tries to downgrade others. A " consultant " does what ? At one time our business cards read " sales consultant " and after several months that was changed because we thought it was downgrading to salespeople. That word was developed years ago......when big companies had a chairman retire, they still paid him a small amount to be a " consultant ". He was rather useless to the company, but it made the old fellow feel good.

So please , go about your wonderful life and be happy, but no need to tell us a fairytale and make fun of others. Don't feel bad either because many of us have been deselected from major drug companies and survived. :)