WP - they took our trash cans

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The coin dispenser for the toilet paper is next, along with the policy of "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down" is coming in Feburary!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trash moved into WP 42 years ago. You need a a few PODS and plane tickets....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHA

Just got the official West Point notice for this today!

I wonder if Willy will be taking his own trash to the dumpster??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The official message text"

The Mini Bin Trash Free Zone Program

Change in Trash Bins at Your Desk At the Merck West Point facility you will not have personal desk side bins; instead, you have been provided with a desktop “mini-bin” in which to collect trash. You will be responsible for taking your trash and recycling to designated trash and recycle stations.

I love how they try and justify it

Frequently Asked Questions:
    How can the Mini Bin hold all my garbage? It’s so small.
    You can now recycle almost everything that comes across your desk. The amount of ‘real’ garbage left is very little, so the Mini Bin will be big enough.

Why do I have to empty my own garbage? That’s not what I get paid for.
    The Mini Bin may only need to be emptied once or twice a week, so it’s not a great inconvenience. It can be done during one of the many times you leave your desk. In order to make the program work, everyone has to be involved.

What happens when I leave food stuff and items that make a mess and smell? We don’t have composting in our office.
    If you eat lunch at your desk, it’s best to put food scraps directly into a central garbage bin. Promote the use of litter-less lunches Mini Bin liners are available for use in the Mini Bin. But they must be thrown into a central garbage bin every day.

How do I know what to recycle and what is garbage?
    There are labels of recyclable materials located on the recycling bins as well as list of materials that are prohibited from the recycling, and thus are considered garbage.

What if I don’t want to go along with the Mini Bin Program?
    The Mini Bin Program has been adopted by senior management. Thus, all employees are expected to participate to all our benefit. Janitorial staff will no longer go from desk to desk to empty garbage bins, so ultimately you are still responsible for emptying your garbage.

My desk is too small and cluttered. I don’t have any room left to put the Mini Bin on it.
    If someone gave you a box of chocolates to sit on your desk, you would find space for it, wouldn’t you?

Do other organizations use this program?
    The Mini Bin Program has been successfully implemented at the Merck Boston and Branchburg facilities as well
    as in such organizations as:
    • Hospitals
    • School Boards
    • Insurance Companies
    • Banks
    • Military Bases
    • Universities
    • Federal Governments
    • State Governments
    • Municipalities & Counties

But that $12,000/day helicopter is a vital and important necessity!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chamber pots are next.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can pry my trashcan from my cold dead hand!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Day 2 of toilets down in RY building. Management's answer? Use the ones in the adjacent building.

FU Merck!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next week they turn off the heat and we get burn barrels

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place sucks! One time a toilet overflowed in a stall next to me... Poop and all flowing right on my feet.

FU Merck!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fueled by the worthless stock options given as 'retention' incentives for the last 10 years!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw four people bring in their own trash cans from home today

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They still have to empty it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My pen ran out of ink today and there were none left in the storage room. I had to go across the street and steal a pen from the bank lobby. Wasted a half hour of my time because Merck was triyng to save 50 cents on supplies

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why put any extra money into sites that are going away? It's not like you people have any real value. Maybe you should just jump in the trash? That's where you should be anyway.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is my Slimline stapler? How can they expect me to work without my Slimline stapler?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hearing they are talking about getting rid of office phones and having employees use their personal cell phones

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just like field sales - pay for your own phone, internet, supplies and you get to pay for the privilege of driving a pos company car. Ain't it great? Oh right, we have a job. Soon we'll be paying them for the privilege of working for the mother ship.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's so bad!!! It's so bad!!! I never thought this company could be so messed up! Merck management is just like the us gov.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only reason I'm still here is I'm waiting out for the package and jobs are still scarce. No other reason to work for this pos company

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the socially responsible program to implement. You are probably the people who toss fast food bags oout driving down the road too.