WTF?

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just came back from the the meeting. Being a new hire, and being around a bunch of new hires, we all agree this is the most disorganized, contradictory, and f'ed up company we have ever seen. Many of us are wondering if we made the right decision about coming here and wondering if we should start looking for a new job. It is just craziness to have to direction at this meeting. No one even knew where to be and when. What company that sees themselves as wanting to be like "Microsoft" says that in the face of being so unorganized they are the epitome of un-productivensess. Has it always been this way? Are the leaders all hypocrites here or what? Someone with some tenure to offer some perspective, please reply!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you mean orientation? In the end it all really depends on your manager and how much he/she will deflect the BS that comes down. However you cant get away from the endless legal BS courses you have to take on line, call average if you are a rep, etc.

Sadly Otsuka thinks they are "different" but with all the management types recruited away or picked off the scrap heap from other Big Pharma companies they act like Big Pharma and say something else.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, you are Correct on Otsuka being a certified Fucked company.

I've been here for about 10 months and kept thinking that things would get better and only worse on a daily basis. Leadership is a joke.

Senior management is a bunch of idiots fired from other big Pharma that swam over to Otsuka and brought their entire dysfunctional fucked up teams or friends with them.

No requirements or qualifications required for director or management roles at Otsuka, you only need to know or blow someone that you previously worked with and you get the job! They walk them through and have them meet two or three other so called buddy system non qualified hires and then they are offered the job at excessive salaries.

Otsuka is a joke and Altmeyer is an idiot or blind. Several departments are made up of previous fucked up fired teams from another Pharma company.

Run for the hills and take any other offer. I regret every life crushing minute and day at Otsuka. In jumping ship at any offer I get!!!! I hate everything about this place and mostly the lack of leadership or non existent team work.

Dysfunctional and a joke!

If you are lucky to get a Role without knowing anyone here, you will be chewed, swallowed, spit out, lied about tO HR and career destroyed for not having previous precious team member status with the team that previously worked and oreviously fired from a previous CEPHALON, BMS OR AS.

LAW SUITS are pending and Otsuka will make the news; NEGATIVELY!!!!

RUN RUN RUN AND WISH SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME THE TRUTH ABOUT OTSUKA BEING FUCKED UP!!!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, you are Correct on Otsuka being a certified Fucked company.

I've been here for about 10 months and kept thinking that things would get better and only worse on a daily basis. Leadership is a joke.

Senior management is a bunch of idiots fired from other big Pharma that swam over to Otsuka and brought their entire dysfunctional fucked up teams or friends with them.

No requirements or qualifications required for director or management roles at Otsuka, you only need to know or blow someone that you previously worked with and you get the job! They walk them through and have them meet two or three other so called buddy system non qualified hires and then they are offered the job at excessive salaries.

Otsuka is a joke and Altmeyer is an idiot or blind. Several departments are made up of previous fucked up fired teams from another Pharma company.

Run for the hills and take any other offer. I regret every life crushing minute and day at Otsuka. In jumping ship at any offer I get!!!! I hate everything about this place and mostly the lack of leadership or non existent team work.

Dysfunctional and a joke!

If you are lucky to get a Management role without knowing anyone here, you will be chewed, swallowed, spit out, lied about to HR, lies and bullshit will be told to HR ABOUT YOU and YOUR career destroyed for not having previous precious team member status with the team that previously worked and oreviously fired from a previous CEPHALON, BMS OR AS.

WHEN YOU PROVE THAT YOU KNOW MORE THAN THE IDIOTS YOU WORK WITH, they will turn against you an destroy you! The PREVIOUS worked together KLAN's are NOTORIOUS FOR THIS!!!!

Hr has heads up ass and believe everything that certain powerful VP' s report based on bitch sr directors or directors that they protect and brought over with them to Otsuka.

All together: lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits!

LAW SUITS are pending and Otsuka will make the news; NEGATIVELY!!!!

RUN RUN RUN AND WISH SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME THE TRUTH ABOUT OTSUKA BEING FUCKED UP!!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are coming across as mentally disturbed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this person is speaking the absolute TRUTH!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jissou - shoogi!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked for Otsuka for 3 years as a rep and in my experience Otsuka has been that they have underpromised and overdelivered!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Proof positive that their are dip-shits at every company! or where you one of the recent applicants who was not chosen/hired? Let's hope it was the later. Something tells me you posted negative comments about your last company and after you are fired from Otsuka you will post negative things about who ever you work for next. Sorry your life is so pitiful. Good luck and god bless.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So a couple comments with some insight about Otsuka for those that are really interested.
    1. If you need your hand held and told what to do everyday this company is not for you. Those that complain about lack of organization/direction make me think they need guidance to do their job correctly. If you are a leader and empowered you will excel.
    2. Otsuka is not big pharma which has plus and minuses. Plus's are your voice his heard, your input is wanted, adjustments can be made quickly to reflect the market need, and things are personalized. To be fair and balanced, being small has some challenges. Their is not a ton of structure. To me this is a positive. If I have a question about a product, I call the brand manager who answers the phone and gives me an answer.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the last poster for the most part, however as a rep that has worked at several other companies and talking to others who did the same and are now here.

1) Field sales is going towards thge" Big" pharma mentality. The ridiculous 8.5 calls per day is a joke in our industry. As long as you see who you need to see this metric leads to feeding bogus calls into the computer
    2) Jack Welch- rating system. Sadly most pharma now go to a Bell curve system to rate you. If you have 30 reps in an area and all are at 100 perecent of their goal or better, 10% will still get a "2" which is below expectations! How motivating is that!
    3) Mandatory dinner/lunch programs. Reps should run their business the way they see fit. Some territories dont need 3-4 programs a quarter. Many docs go just to grab a free meal and instead of running around to recruit to these programs give more money for daily lunches etc.

I say all this because Otsuka in terms of its sales force keeps saying they are different, but in reality is more like pharma was ten years ago with these silly metrics.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I t agree

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Otsuka is big pharma!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Otsuka micromanages the exact same way big pharma does. They are just not as organized as most big pharma Companies. It is what it is. They have the same metrics if not worse.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on. I've been with Otsuka now 6 months and the metrics are totally BIG pharma. It is just laughable how they at meetings tell the sales force we are different and WE NEED YOU!
    Latest rumor has the Depot team selling Abilify Tabs come Jan of 013 if Depot is not yet on the market. Nothing earth shattering about that, however if your BMS, does that signal a potential early buy-out of the contract?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got my resume out there as soon as the FDA said "wait"
    If I am still here and depot gets approval that is great, but if I wait for the deal to fall apart shame on me

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely agree. Totally disorganized. What is even more concerning is how everyone with a "TC" in front of their email is a contract employee. Basically the orientation was done by non-otsuka staff. Even our IT/expense segment of orientation was from a contract company. Only the HR segment on day 1 was from an actual Otsuka employee, however, he just drove us straight to despair (actual slide of what to expect within 90 days of employment) when he posted the feedback of actual Otsuka personal who were polled: Hectic, Overworked, dysfunctional family, anxiety. Who the f%^$ thinks that posting that on a new hire orientation slide is a great idea? "Congrats on your hire. Here is what others say about the organization". Made me want to reevaluate my decision, which may be what they want. Only brainwash-ready need apply.

Between the contract staff and negative perception of the organization, what kind of message does this send? We are so committed to our franchise that we fail to bring on our own staff. Management spins this saying we are lean and mean, and this strategy prevents what happened to other pharma companies. I say bullshit to your Kool-aid drinking rhetoric. Otsuka: Prove you are invested in north america pharma. Get yourself organized and makes us feel that our talent is well placed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who presented from HR?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love selling SAMSCA! It is great! Everyone is so glad to see me when I walk in to tell them about our $250 a day drug!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are clearly not from this company because no one here gives a damn about Samsca.