Zoll Lie vest

Discussion in 'Zoll Medical' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you KIDDING me??? He is one of the BIGGEST Kool-Aid drinkers there is!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's a stud!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Jeff! Now you may resume drinking the Kool-Aid and pushing the company bullshit...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how he took the number one district in the US and turned it in in to the last place district and still was promoted to director. He has to have something on someone high up in the organization to get promoted after that debacle.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic case of "it's not what you know, but who you know"!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I can say is his "talent radar" is OFF! Obviously he doesn't have much to choose from in the first place, but most of the RM's he has hired are worthless. Take KS in Illinois as an example, she is a fucking clueless moron! I'm not 100% certain she knows where the heart is...

Quote from her in the field to a NP; "what's a STEMI"...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. JRs talent radar is wayyyy off! The manager he hired in MN (JM) was also a big time moron and didn't know anything about Cardiology or the market. I guess what can you expect when he tells interview candidates that I'm hiring a manager just like me so don't worry about who the manager will be. If JR is hiring RMs just like himself that explains a lot! He must be the biggest morn of them all.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JR is a total douche bag. Had many high performers leave because he was so stupid. Total dumbshit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Currently going to final interview. I've read the posts and it appears moral is down. How is the income portion? Recruiter told me that the average rep is $171K and top rep over $400k. Can someone provide realistic base salaries, commissions, car allowance info, etc? Thanks.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the site and you will see what you income potential is. Wake up! 75% of the the reps here are in their first year and last year, guess what it was the same as well as the year before that. The recruiters outright lie to you as well as the manager and AD interviewing you to get a warm body here in the territory even if it's for a year. If you come in you probably will make your quota which goes up every two weeks. In about 8-12 months your quota has gone out of control and you can not make goal. You will be making your 75K salary ably despite tons of hard work and you life. Your doctors will not respect you and you are paid on what the insurance company reimburses so if the insurance company doesn't pay you make nothing on your sale.

One thing to note, when you start your quota is set based upon what the territory is actually doing. With the increases in revenue/quota every two week you will find yourself in a position in about 8-12 months where your quota is out of control. This is roughly where the quota started getting out of control for the previous rep and in a few months when you can find another job you will leave. If you can't find another job that fast you will be placed on a PIP and managed ut of the company within 30-60 days. Good luck getting a job then. And the circle on tines. You will not be making the 171 or the 400..these are some of the lies that the recruiters and managers at Zoll will tell you. This site isn't about low morale, it's tell let people who are thinking about coming here read and learn about what is realistic before they ruin their career coming here.

Last note, there is no real data to support the use of the LV. You will be provided studies to use in the field but they DO NOT include LV and you are playing connect the dots with physicians. Zoll's own data shows that LV saves about 1.3% of patients. Guess what the doctor can be right and safe 99% of the time by doing NOTHING and NOT USING the LV. If you live in a market where doctor make decisions based upon scientific data you will not fend well. Zoll also knows that they don't do well in academic hospitals and they don't want to let reps know that at least before they come on board. Ask the people interviewing you how many LV are being used at Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic..almost nothing. But they will tell you that they use it.

You will be spinning smoke and mirrors and if you have relationships in cardiology physicians will ask you why you would make such a dumb career move. If you ask them their opinion before you leave, here is what most Cardiologists will tell you, "good product, but we don't use it much and I don't think it's a good move for you". If you are in pharma and desperate to get out, just know you are going to a place that is worse than where you are at and this is NOT a stepping stone to device. This is DME and and you will be worse off than the pharma company that you are considering leaving.

if you are without a job, it makes sense as you need a pay check, but only use this company long enough to find something else cause you will be looking for another job in about a year or so. There are too many posts on this site sharing the same thing. Don't be fooled by the recruiters and managers that are lying to you so they can make money. It's you career, this can be one big black mistake on your career path.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cannot express how accurate this post is!!! Everything stated above is spot on.

Here is my story/experience: I came from pharma ~15 months ago. Like the above poster stated, I thought this was my foray into device. During the interview process the recruiter told me similar details (average TM $174k, top over $200k, at plan $157k, no competition, etc...). Of course he told me my territory was an expansion territory. My definition of expansion territory is not 2 TM's who each stayed a year and now the position is open again! Additionally, both my RM and AD lied to me as well.

So I take the position and am excited to start in "device". I went to training in Pittsburgh. When I say training was the worst training, put on by the most inept people (Bonnie and Bernie anyone) I have associated with, I am being kind. Marshal came and spoke to our class and immediately you could tell he was a heartless dick! Despite the poor training and clueless people, I didn't care because it was ME who was in control of my territory and success...yeah right. My optimism soon started to sour. I realized quickly that my goal was going to get out of hand. I also realized quickly that the physicians didn't write much, didn't believe in the device, and controlled the orders in the territory. Additionally, the fact that the local thought leaders were data driven physicians (as they should be) limited the growth. ZOLL tries to bring emotion into the equation, and there is no place for emotion in medicine (hence the need for data)! This is why they want TM's to target NP/PA's, nurses, and case managers to help. I went to my RM many times inquiring about the goal. All I was told (repeatedly) was to keep pushing on and that I could do it. I was also given some of the worst suggestions, both in general and as it relates to my specific territory.

Needless to say, my quota has long surpassed my actual revenue. I am obviously looking to get out ASAP. I am making my base only and working WAY too hard for it and it alone! I have tried numerous times to have my quota adjusted down. Each time I am told that they will look into it. I was finally "fortunate" enough have it lowered when the new fiscal year hit...wait for it...by a whopping $3k!!! So it was lowered to a number I STILL wasn't hitting and my old number would be surpassed in 1 month. Genius...

I could do a whole separate post about the in-house people. Hourly employees (AC's) control your inventory, patient fittings, etc... PSR's can only do a certain number of fittings because if they make over a certain amount ZOLL might have to treat them like real employees. Also, the Tech Support's job isn't customer service, it is to keep patients in the LV regardless. However, after a certain time period (~3 months) patients have become profitable to the company so TS is instructed to not care what happens/how they are serviced. This ends up pissing off patients who in turn go into the prescribing physician and complain. Then you are left with a physician who only sporadically writes the LV pissed off about it - easy for him/or her to completely stop at that point!

Unfortunately, this board did not exist when I joined. I wasn't able to see posts like the ones on here and formulate good questions for my interviewers! I can promise you that without being on the inside or knowing someone who is, you CANNOT understand the challenges facing the LifeVest and the TM who "hustles" it. I say hustle because of the lack of data referenced continually here and in the field. Carefully consider that 99% of the time physicians are right and patients are safe doing nothing at all, and THAT is why doing nothing IS THE STANDARD OF CARE!!!

I'll close with this; if a WCD is such a good idea why haven't the biggest CRM (Medtronic, Boston Scientific, etc...) companies produced one???

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above post is spot on! Everything is so backwards here & there is no unity. Everyone has their own agenda and the field (who makes all the revenue btw) constantly gets thrown under the bus. Tech support is a fucking joke. I can't tell you how many times they tried to have my PSRs end use on a patient - these people have no qualifications!! My PSRs (poor bastards) are abandoning me because of the "over utilization" I can't blame them... Nothing's going to change here & it's only a matter of time before this crazy ride comes to a screeching hault.

Don't get me started on the account coordinators - fucking worthless people!! How and why they control so much of my business...nobody in house has a fucking clue! We pay them!!! And they do everything in their power to stall and deny. Intake - forget about it. Takes them hours and hours to dispense anything.... I think in house needs a real shake up if this is salvageable. Just my two cents.... Lastly, it truly is depressing to read CP and see so much of the same story over and over. Why not try to right this ship? Be constructive vs neg? I realize some of you are at your wits end, but keep positive, or try too!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is the ship can't be turned right. Why? Because you have an engineer ML running the company who doesn't give a crap about people or what happens. It's due to ML why you can't get inventory and the field is managed by nit wits in the home office that may not even have a high school diploma. ML, JW and other home office people don't care to right anything, that's just a fact. JP VP of sales is collecting a pay check and does what ever ML and JW want so he can continue to collect his pay check. So what you have here is a bunch of people without the qualifications to run a company, making these bone headed decisions and another bunch of home office people that implement what they want to collect and pay check and not cause any waves. So guess what's left, exactly what every poster on this board shares. ML, JW, JP really don't care that 75% of the field force turns over every single year. They are making money and so are the recruiters as ZoLL LV is the best recruiter gig you can get, it keeps paying them over and over agin to replace 75% of the field force every single year. The only people that don't win in this set up is the field force and and you're left with the big black mark on your resume. Yup, i'll keep my chin up!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless Marshal reads CP and this statement is directed at him, nothing is going to change! The field has NO power! Hell, we can't even get the hourly AC's to ship systems out...

There is NOTHING positive to write here unless Marshal gets his huge eared head out of his ass, and with those wing nuts it might be impossible, nothing is changing!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And when they do finally get around to sending systems they send those 3100 peices of shit. Above poster is right everyone in house is collecting a check nobody wants to rock the boat. Creatures of circumstance...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that POS liar and fraud DiGulio still there as regional sales director.....sucked at Mini and sure he's sucking over there...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ZOLL LifeVest is why ALL shitty lying managers come. Hell, the company is run by shitty lying people!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ZOLL LifeVest is where ALL shitty lying managers come. Hell, the company is run by shitty lying people!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're just figuring this out now?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there any region that is doing well? Why did I ever come here?