1. Merck leaps into COVID vaccine race — Evofem Biosciences gets FDA approval for new non-hormonal contraceptive — Sanofi sells $13 billion stake in Regeneron — See more on our front page news Stay updated with the latest pharma-related coronavirus news on our new page
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Think you have witnessed fraud?Ask a Whistleblower Attorney -- a chance to discuss whistleblower-related legal issues with practicing whistleblower attorneys.
    Dismiss Notice

ADA Compliance issue

Discussion in 'Ask an Employment Attorney' started by anonymous, Feb 13, 2019 at 9:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    It is my understanding that as part of ADA compliance, large companies must caption internal video communications. This is not being done in my current employer (top five pharma) and I'm not sure how to proceed.

  2. Charles Joseph

    Charles Joseph New Member

    Nov 30, 2018
    Likes Received:
    If there are employees who, because of deafness or some other recognized disability, are impacted by your employer's failure to provide closed-captioned videos, those employees may have a claim under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as well as state and local law.

    Any impacted employee should contact an experienced employment attorney to discuss their options.

    You can read more about the laws concerning employee rights, including laws against disability discrimination, at Working: Now and Then.com.

    This response is not legal advice, but is general information only, based upon the information stated in the question and general legal principles. It is provided for general educational purposes of the public who may have similar questions, not for any specific individual or circumstance. It is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Legal issues depend on all the specific facts of a situation, which are not present here. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about your issue, you must contact a local attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.