Corona Virus- National Meetings

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by anonymous, Feb 26, 2020 at 3:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don’t you name the hospital(s) or IDN(s). I doubt you can.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And if I do? What will that prove? Sounds like you're the individual with hospital access issues, not me.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will proof that you are an honest individual.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Talk to your Biosense Webster and NeuWave reps. The Midwest is boarding cases and those reps are already in the hospitals.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

honest individual working for Ethicon? That’s an oxymoron.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's why don't believe anyone who said they have access to any hospital.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lie

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't believe anyone who said they have access to any hospital here in the US. Australia is the only region where we have seen reps being admitted on limited basis.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see. So you have your finger on the pulse of both the US healthcare system AND you know what's happening at every hospital in Australia too? Nonsense.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking as a Core rep here this back/forth is complete BS. Unless I am missing something, Ethicon doesn't have 100% market share in all hospitals and we (core) don't call on every department. So, people on this thread are not only speaking for Ethicon shops but Medtronic shops too? Those fortresses that have 100% lock down on Ethicon reps, are now telling us that they are/are not doing cases where reps are allowed?

Also, unless something has changed in my job description, core reps don't call on every department in the hospital. Are we covering?:

1. Cath labs- People are still having heart attacks. We are covering stent cases? No, we are not.
    2. EP Labs - We are covering Biosense Webster cases for A-Fib? No.
    3. IR labs - We are covering interventional radiology cases? Nope.
    4. Ortho Trauma Cases - Nope.

So people on this thread are not only speaking for the core Ethicon procedures, they are also speaking for every non elective procedure in the 1000s of hospitals in the US about rep access? Ok then...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is the basic role of sales and marketing leader. We continue to monitor the pulse of all regions we are responsible for.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marketing and leader can't belong in the same sentence. If you are at Ethicon, you would know that our marketing teams are worthless individuals that know nothing about sales.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is why sales reports to marketing. No sales know how to sell without marketing.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now I know you don't work at Ethicon. If you did, you'd know that reps at other op-cos within Ethicon and within JNJ medical device are covering cases.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With every reductions that have happened in the past, sales will be the first one to be let go compared to other departments (i.e. marketing, supply chain, etc). hands down.

The recent COVID actually is a good learning. With majority of the sales force staying at home (~800 heads) + all the expenses that comes with it, ETH only declined by 6-8%. That tell the company that we don't really need all sales heads to survive.

Simple logic to be more efficient and an excellent business case.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you could take an axe and cut away the majority of the marketing teams too.

If the business hasn't declined that much due to Covid, then why is anyone from marketing needed? I think this experience has shown us that marketing's glossy brochures or a new product description on an iPad don't really impact the business.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"declined 6-8%". With growth targets in the LOW single digits and margins as slim as ever, I would say this is significant. During my time at Ethicon, very few marketing individuals were worth a damn. I loved watching marketing spin a bullshit product like Proxisure, never having to face a customer in a real case. What a luxury. They also tended to carry themselves as superior to the sales force, and the company encouraged that crap. Sales is where product development, marketing, strategy meet the customer! Find a small core group of good marketers and let the rest go.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Covered a colon/stapling case yesterday. I can access 40% of my accounts. Caseload began increasing this week and we’re starting a conversion soon. I’d rather count suture than suffer another day at home. Any decent Ethicon rep can find a way into at least some of their accounts. Gravy train is over soon for those that don’t get out and convert something.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This times 100^. I've already had in person discussions with a few of my facilities and case coverage for bariatric and thoracic starting next week. I still contend that if cuts are coming Ethicon needs to take a real hard look at middle management. My DM literally does nothing and I legitimately mean nothing. Could cut half of them tomorrow. My RSS is more helpful but ~80% of RSS's do nothing.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What state? What hospital? I call bullshit.