Downsizing

Discussion in 'United Therapeutics' started by anonymous, Jun 1, 2016 at 8:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have heard from a very reliable source in RTP that JW is planing to reduce the size of the UT / Lung Bio sales force by about 50%. New territories are being cut as we speak.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

gee, which 50% of Jim do we keep? Was thinking bottom half because nothng in the top half, then someone said "nothing in lower 50% either" lmfao!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will he keep his team intact. Most of them just follow in his behavior, drinking and womanizing. It is their team sport.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The rumor is 30% cut. Wonder how LS is enjoying retirement.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It seems there's someone very much in the know posting here on CP. I'm wondering if there's any clue what criteria leadership might be looking at to make cuts?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only thing I have overheard is that there will only be one Sales rep for all cardiopulm products per state pretty much and they will promote all 3 for centers and others. This would probably actually be more than a 30% reduction. But they have no choice now. Actelion is the leader here. Dont know how they will decide who stays and goes maybe a volunteer program?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks - makes sense for one rep to cover centers and community in an area, but I think the state assignment is probably incorrect. The state of CA for instance vs. the state of IA would have dramatically different volume potential. Hopefully they're working with someone to look at vol, potential and etc. Would be short sighted if not.

I hope they do offer voluntary severance, I think there are people that would take advantage of that, and would then allow for a better decision process on who to keep for viable territories.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe for sure they will look at how you work and results. So for those of you who leave the house everyday at 11:00 after you drive your kids to school and they go to the gym, then take your kids to various after school activities ...I would get your resume up to date.

Also, I know they will look at regionally performance, as we all know certain regions are always last. No excuses this time. Personally I think it took them a bit to long to ask questions around performance and leadership, well lack there of.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? If they look at regional performance and layoff entire regions based on performance the company has less of a future than I thought.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no reason to work if they don't have the decency to lay out a timeline for us. If anyone is looking for me I'll be at my lake house until they get their acts together.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds good, Jerry.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe they were talking about leadership in the region.