Downsizing

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Oct 23, 2017 at 7:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Art’s departure was the beginning of the end. Since then, it’s been all about the profits and lip service about patients.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was fortunate enough to join Genentech just prior to the launch of Avastin in 2002. I’ve been with the brand ever since. I’m waiting to hear my fate on Nov 9. I would love to continue, but if I’m not retained, I’ll take my great memories and friendships with me to the next chapter in my life. I have no ill will. I consider myself very fortunate to have been with this great company promoting one of the best drugs that I'll probably ever be associated with.

I’ve had the chance to meet with many patients that have benefitted from our great drug and our great company. I’ll never forget those wonderful times. If I am retained, I’ll be ecstatic. If not, I'll take my great memories and my passion for cancer patients with me to the next chapter of my career.

With the right attitude, we'll continue to be successful in this industry. Good luck and godspeed to all of you!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said and speaks for many of us. GNE was one of a kind.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Godspeed? Hundreds lost their jobs here in Vacaville and you talk Godspeed? 6 months from now, people may not have money to buy food or could be forced to move out of their home. Godspeed? Maybe you and your bedwetting, latte drinking millenial friends should have done your jobs and this mess would not be happening. Put in a full days labor like we did in Vacaville. You want to visit Vacaville and talk Godspeed? Then we can give you a 2x4 up the ass in a Godspeed way. You and your San Fran entitlement society are a joke. Your lack of creativity cost many their jobs.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with this. Brand/Marketing teams have been a colossal failure. Many of these people should have been shown the door years ago. Their many failures and lack of leadership now are costing many people. At least half of the Brand/Marketing jobs should be eliminated. Nothing more than ripping off the system.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical comments from the entitled oncology crowd here. Notice that every sentence is about the writer (I or I'll), this must be one of the females who prances around NSM like they're the start of the show.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop it jerk. As you can see this person is making a statement on a good career why do you have to tear them down...elite oncology? No one thinks that, it's a sales job whether you are in CV, Dermatology, etc it's paranoia in your mind only...
    Good luck with your attitude prob take you far....

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Face facts. This is all due to the coming biosimilars and it's not entirely unexpected. Yes, marketing is overblown and usually ineffective but the problems are much deeper than that, namely a changing industry landscape that GNE just did not prepare for. The company has made enemies of our accounts for years with their arrogant non-negotiations, SD debacle, etc. GNE lived for the moment and now it's paying. However, even the most strategic company cannot overcome its 3 largest products competing with biosimilars. Case studies for Wharton.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of our Genentech sales people here are entitled, lazy, pretentious. Our customers see it. We in SFF hear about it and see it often. Now that our products are no longer selling themselves, it is very revealing how much that our inflated sales teams do not contribute. Our sales position is a great career for that family that needs someone to be accessible for them anytime during the day to run errands, prepare the family dinner before the kids arrive home from school, go to school events, carry the family's health insurance, run the spouse's business on the side, etc.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly what was being conveyed by the original poster. Fact: Every other oncology company looks at our reps as exactly that, they think they're "the cat's meow", its heard all the time. The company has created and nurtured this persona for years and now it's how we're labeled outside the company. TC was the epitome of it even when he was with Impact prior to leading bioonc. Just heard from a friend with another oncology company that several CS's applied for an opening in a major market and the hiring manager's take away was that if they keep their jobs this next week, they'll withdraw, but if the are cut, their all in.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course the CS's will withdraw from other job offers if Genentech retains them. Why would our CS's leave Genentech and go to another company? If they left, they would have to start working, being held accountable, and selling. And, our CS's no longer would be able to run personal errands throughout the day while still only working 2-3 hours a day, if even that. And by the way, this isn't just the reputation of our oncology team. Our over-staffed Lyrics, pulmonology, and rheumatology teams have the same lazy, how can I cheat the system, priviledged reputation. As a manager, I am not sure how to change this culture.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Come on.....you don't think oncology reps from other companies run errands, etc. during work hours? That's a given in this industry. Lazy reps are at every company along with hard workers - including GNE. I've been here since pre-Roche and know some dedicated reps in every franchise. I also know some arrogant and lazy cons. GNE doesn't hold exclusive rights on either. At GNE we've just had a better experience as noted for years by Fortune's Best Companies to Work For. No, it's not the same but nothing lasts forever.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can hear a pin drop today.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

See ya later you bunch of entitled, spolied Oncology reps...and perhaps other divisions......reality is much harder after Genentech.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

”this is it, don’t get scared”.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Geez pal what is your beef. No one in oncology thinks they are better...it is another specialty like Derm like Cardiology like Ortho, like Neurology, etc....what happened to you that you are so bitter? Forget about it, move on....please...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

to those who get bad news today, best of luck. Now for the reality check, this happened almost annually over the past 5 years with smaller, less "flashy" franchises being impacted either with this type of layoff or being told that the franchise was closing up shop or downsizing due to patent expiration, resulting in others having to find new positions. We are all equals in the field and for those who had this happen in the past few years, most have had to compete like an outsider to earn a new position here. Will those laid off today have to do the same or will some be offered some of the open positions waiting to be filled with nothing more than agreeing to go to a lesser franchise? Let's see how this plays out

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen here you come, you didn't even see it coming?