Ethicon vs Applied Medical

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Nov 4, 2007 at 8:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I was told that too. I fell for it wish I did not.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Advanced fixation is a game changer. Applied has stepped out of the me too class and are really making positive changes.
    How about the Xcel recall. Shoddy over priced product. This should be a wakeup call.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man, I thought you "Med reps" were the BIG money makers. I made better monies than this as a pharma rep for J&J. Now a Bio Rep and bringing 162-178k over the past 5 yrs. You guys are ridiculous the way you talk about pharma. Ego's with nothing to show for it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow you are a loser, oh how was the lunch you did for the office staff that hates you? sorry you cant give out pens anymore. I make $10,000,000,000,000,000,000 a year selling goat meat to goat farmers, i am so awesome, look at me - everyone did look and your industry is dead. Hope JNJ doesnt have recalls soon that effect you captain amazing - keep thinking you're sweet - kiss yourself in the mirror

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just to be fair: the last 2 EES National Sales meetings were just outside the Dallas airport and people have had to share rooms. Nobody can avoid HS, especially in this environment.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Guys, EES first identifies the weakpoints of their product and then goes to the surgeon and sells them a story around those points as a new concept and ask them to change their technique. The surgeons believe them as if its written in the bible and change. For the first time Applied changed that. Applied guys think about the smallest of the issues which the Einsteins of EES could never think of. Applied is a game changer. All the guys who says Applied is crap should realise that there are so many low cost trocars available in the market who could never gain the market share like Applied. Oh yes, the guys who say that a trocar is a trocar, yes it is. Try selling it newer customers and newer applications. Those who say that its boring should realise that the applications are unlimited. The beauty is that the surgeons are still studying and looking for newer ways and we don't.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, your grammar is exactly what I would expect from an Applied rep as well as your logic.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's statements like these that make me wish there was a LIKE button on here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny now you're not disputing what was said, but rather the grammar of how it was said.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The *logic* part wasn't enough for you? Please try to keep up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wanted to see if there were anymore intriguing comments about the game changing trocars out there. Is Applied out with their energy line yet?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why, you nervous? You should be.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nervous for what? That, at best, Applied will make as big a dent as ConMed or Aragon? Please...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yhea, just like Conmed made a dent in JJ trocars and handports, huh?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ethicon rep was talking about the new 5mm with the new white plastic as if it was a absorption type component . Dr said what are you talking about and why are u in my room . I only use you trocars because they are here . WOW that was value .

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've purchased from both companies for years, and after reading these posts, I'm convinced that J&J is injecting their reps with some sort of Kool-aid. Applied is methodically ttaking the market from Ethic-on and it's refreshing to see. Sorry guys, but some of the lies are catching up.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It always amazes me when materials folks look at these boards. Do YOUR job better, clean up your messy desk in the basement or spend a minute listening to your surgeons.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I smell a lot of bullshit! The only two companies you purchased from for years have been Hostess and Frito Lay. You don't think Applied clowns inject their reps with some sort of Kool-Aid? Ever hear one recite the company story? You neaderthals sit in your cave and get ripped off every day while trying to thump your chest to your boss that you saved x% on some pedicle screws. Meanwhile, companies like Intuitive, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Stryker and others are pimping the crap out of your hospital while you punch the clock saving an alleged few thousand a year on plastic tubes.

One day the schleps in purchasing will no longer be needed.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and as device decisions come down to price alone, neither will we.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perhaps when you're referring to commodities. However, there will more than likely be some innovative technical device or product that will need to have a company representative to offer clinical support. Why are there EPIC reps? Why are there Intuitive reps? Why are there scope reps? Why are there navigation reps? Why are there ortho implant reps? Why are there even bed reps for that matter? It's a damn bed.