How do I get fired?

Discussion in 'How do I...' started by Anonymous, Dec 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't take it anymore. It's time for me to get out. I can't take this catering gig with the fat nasty nurses and smirking doctors. Even worse is my big-headed counterpart who is such a snake oil salesman. OMG & my self-important DM with his spreadsheets and pull-through strategies. This industry is such a joke!

The lying about who I called on, what products I talked about. Passing my computer thru the window for a sig, gassing up when I don't have any signatures to prove I am out in the territory. The mindless meetings with the same recycled sales messages. Pretending we are all here to "help patients". Let's be real, this business is all about the almighty dollar.

I can feel my soul eroding every day. I feel ashamed when I see the patients eye-ballying me in the waiting room. I have sold myself for a company car, good bennies, and 100k a year. Is my integrity not worth more?

My company does not downsize and offer packages. No, you are managed out so they don't have to pay you. If I quit, I will have to pay back the money toward grad school. So, the question is.....how do I get myself fired in the least painful way possible?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not understand why you would want to get fired. What is the benefit to you, not having to repay for tuition reimbursement? If you get fired you will prob not have a job lined up that will start the day after termination. If you get fired you will get unemployment. Big deal 1k a month and no health insurance. You say you are making 100k which is good money in today's distressed market. Find another job and repay your education expense. Most companies have a max they pay for education reimbursement. So what are you out maybe 20k. You get fired and you are out of work with no job in a bad market. After 2 months of unemployment and burning through savings having to explain why you don't have a job because your employer never has layoffs you will be wishing you still worked for them.

Keep your job, do it well and look for something else. It is easier to find a job when you have one. When you get a new job and resign do not say anything about the reimbursement for tuition. Chances are they will not ask for the money back. If they do, tell them that you do not have the funds if you don't.

It always is best to be honest. Look for another job and get out. Leave with your head held high. Do not burn bridges this is a large industry and everyone needs to network. You may need the reference down the road. Think about your future long term.

Best of luck to you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try to find the goodness that is out there. Be patient, and do the best job you know how. Every job has it's ups and downs. Try to do random acts of kindness when the opportunities arise. This will help you feel good about yourself. Know and believe that you are in this position for a purpose. Your career and life will change. Your dream job will reveal itself in due time. Consider all that you do a preparation for greater things. Never give up, and let pride and impatience wreck the future you have been seeking. I speak from experience. I spent nine years in pharma, and desperately wanted out. I finally found the right job fit in medical device sales. I became my own boss, and was able to utilize the talents I learned in pharma to be successful. I'm now close to retirement. So you see your life, mine, and many others are not different. Persevere my friend, and never ever give up. I wish you well. Hope these words of encouragement help.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I never expected such positive responses on this board. Thank you for the inspiring words of encouragement ;)