Interviewing!

Discussion in 'Pacira' started by anonymous, Dec 16, 2015 at 5:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviewing for an open position selling EXPAREL® (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension). I have spoken to the recruiter about this position but can not seem to get honest feedback on some questions. I know this is not a good place to ask but need some clarification.
    1. What is the salary range? (recruiter is not sure)
    2. Vacation time?
    3. How big are the territories?
    4. Company car or car allowance?
    5. How hard is EXPAREL to sell?
    Honest feedback would be great as my company is letting the sales force go Jan. 1

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would ask the same questions. We are in the process of being downsized and I am talking with a recruiter about this position. I have been in the industry for 15+years. The recruiters answers are everything is "normal" to the industry when trying to get out direct details. After this many years in the industry what is "normal"? Can anyone give any insight to this position please.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would not come here- salary is good, but terrible commission structure. Salaries range from 100k- 110k. Quarterly quotas and terrible management. Look elsewhere.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you mean by terrible Management??

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I hear "terrible management" the first things that come to mind are: poor communication, indecisiveness, overly focused on Metrics, unrealistic goals, chaotic and/or negative culture, etc. And if you have a micro-manager, or otherwise bad manager, the experience will suck even more for you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad i found this thread. I'm also interviewing. Can anyone describe where Exparel falls into the HCP algorithm of prescribing? What is the sales process like? What are the biggest challenges people face?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your skills and experience at Enterprise and your education from (Insert direction) (insert name of your state) University make you an excellent candidate! Buy some shades 'cause your future is bright!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously what is the selling process?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are getting in to hospital sales and don't know what the "selling process" is you are already behind the 8 ball. I will tell you that the drug is fantastic and the company sucks. Early after launch, management also didn't understand "the selling process" and had little clue to what hospital sales include. They fired many reps thinking they weren't working as they expected immediate sales not realizing that it is a cycle, a process. Such where DUE's/MUE's are conducted, formulary approval needs to occur etc. They also underpaid in the beginning, but believe they are around 100-110k as mentioned in a previous thread. The hiring manager will quote you a "total compensation" package of around 170k which includes bonus. Again, their bonus structure was horrendous in the beginning and I have heard from those that have recently left that it hasn't improved much. If you pursue this, good luck. You will enjoy selling Exparel, but will have a target on your back. i.e. your job security will not be there.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does Pacira give a company car or allowance?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Car allowance

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Years ago we had a dynamic VP of Sales (who dramatically increased bases) and mature, experienced managers.
    That VP, those ADs and RDs are gone. What are left are Yes-men, failed AMs, and lackies who were promoted in lieu of filing HR complaints.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, DK was eccentric. Yes, he was profane. He also significantly raised base salaries. He also had a plan. He also had epic, often hilarious blow ups with Ah, ah, ah...DM. DK left to go to Pixar where he was hosed by our very own GR. He, TM, GR we’re fired.

Nobody on this planet hates GR more than DK. And rightfully so.

My recollection of GR was a failed IDN rep who spent all his time the NE, especially after screwing up in Midwest.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When does Exparel go off patent?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quite a group of “leaders.”

The one think I noticed is the guys are folliclely challenged. Guess I have no chance for leadership since I still have a full head of hair.

The AD tool with the hat; unprofessional dude.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest