Managers in the Field

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, Sep 24, 2020 at 8:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am in the field every day trying my best to make sales calls and it is very difficult to get into any offices. I have not seen one manager from another company with a rep! How is this benefiting the company? Do you not trust the reps that have performed year after year? Why force the managers to be baby sitters we are all better than this!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not only am I not seeing other managers in my territory but I am not seeing any other reps either. Supernus is a joke.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here I don’t see too many reps either maybe one a week but I do believe we Should be out in field as reps

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a tenured rep who’s been primarily high performing with a few lulls in motivation of the years, I can say I’ve never had a problem having my manager with me when I’m doing what I’m supposed to. Besides the few nut job RDs out there, you should never fear a field contact unless you know you have something to be called out on. It’s pretty simple: Do what you are supposed to when no one is looking and you won’t care when they are.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because what else can they do? They are of no use. But if they are eliminated then their boss can be eliminated. they want their jobs. So it all just continues.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think it’s fear that make us regretful of manager days. I think it’s the fake dog and pony show we have to put on for a phony manager that has a lot to say but provides very little to no actual relevant input. It’s distracting and I for one can tell you that my manager is extremely embarrassing. He jumps into conversations when it’s not appropriate and he isn’t invited or needed and basically just creates a distraction that has no benefit for me or my offices. It’s insulting to feel babysat as a professional who performs year after year. Maybe once my manager actually starts acting with honesty, integrity and follows up on things he says he’ll do then it’s possible he might provide more relevance. But right now it’s pointless and a slap in the face. Disrespectful to me and my offices. No purpose. Maybe these guys need more training and accountability because I just can’t see how their positions or salary is justified.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is on point

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think this is the problem. My manager takes the call away from me and promises coverage that we both know is a lie and I’m the one that has to defend it when I go back in and it’s not working the way he promises. The RDs provide zero benefit to me or my offices. Why does it have to be two full days every month? I don’t see a single other company doing this kind of ride days. Do you think you know more than the entire pharmaceutical industry?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

some reps in my zone have had 4 ride days in one month. Beyond ridiculous! Supernus is such a joke. Only gonna get worse

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YESSSS! Managers please stop promising coverage or making generic statements like “it’s better than you expect!” You look like such an a$$!!! Just don’t invite yourself to my convo if you’re going to be detrimental to my sale! Suuuuch a joke!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Products are not covered. Period.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you have fun talking to yourself and backing your own posts?

We get it, your manager is a clown. That sucks. Do what we’ve all done. Warn your offices when they will be with you, address incorrect statements they made to protect your own credibility, and keep a log of instances where they have had a negative consequence on your business. Management isn’t in the field with these guys. It’s our job to keep them accountable, but we have to do it in a professional and business minded manner.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What has happened here is called burnout. With no sense of recovery and no better future in sight, the field is simply in burnout and, while frustrated and angry, no longer cares to be further burdened by an uncaring and unsympathetic company. To find other employment is difficult, as there just are no other f**ks to give and I’m truly sorry for all my friends. Sad turn of events.

“Last year the World Health Organization expanded its entry on burnout in the International Classification of Diseases, defining it as a syndrome resulting from “chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed.” It is characterized by feeling depleted, cynical, and unmotivated.“ -Outside Magazine. “Your 2020 Burnout Recovery Plan” January 1, 2020

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...that was my first post on this thread. But Ok?