Metrics and execution....confused

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jun 16, 2019 at 11:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

??? Manager asks why I'm only averaging 6.5 calls per day. I'm like, since when have we had anything metrics wise report correctly, or better yet, even this whole year?
    IS THIS the writing on the wall that your manager is trying to find something to "start a PIP on you ,to get rid of you? Or is this just a way of saying get your numbers up. BTW, sales are good, not like great, but above expectations.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The benchmark has always been roughly 9 calls/day. Regardless of what reports or metrics are available or even accurate for that matter, you had better be around that number or higher. Any lower and you’re not executing correctly or working “hard” enough. Too high and it also looks bad (suspicious)). If your sales are good but your execution and calls/day are not up to snuff - they don’t like it. If your sales Are bad and your execution is good, they also don’t like it. Hitting your execution and calls/day is Very easy if you plan effectively..

Get your numbers up and if your manager is still on your case after that,, than they may just have it out for you..

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Metrics and execution is an old staple of the dying breed of middle and upper managers from a bygone era. Everyone knows that access is highly restricted in 90% of our territories and legitimately hitting these metrics is impossible. Please see the ever popular "all day lie" thread and take notes. Sell to the few MDS that can actually move share and then implement whatever veeva strategy that you see fit to keep the wolves at bey.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your manager probably had a conference with their manager and your "low" calls per day was discussed. Your DM was telling you increase it. This is a no brainer.,..give them the metrics they ask for....one way or another. It's a silly game from the old days but play it and stay off the DM's radar screen.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That you have to spell out strategy on a board that is monitored says a lot about all of you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yet here you are.

Maybe it’s a new hire.

Jackass.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Metrics are a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously. Ever heard of the "all day lie"??

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whatever happened to "I don't care who you see, where you get business from, just meet and exceed your goals!!!!"
    Reality is that we have become a company once again focused on a metric model. That doesn't always work. But, to the OP, do whatever your manager says, if it's metrics they demand, you can control that....stay off the lists and you'll be fine.
    Another truth. Its more difficult than what you might think to get fired. If your sales sucked and metrics, over time, maybe so.
    But one report? That's silly.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Getting fired? That's easy. Just look to what happened last year to folks. 2 2's in a row and you are marked. Trend down in year 3 and you are gone. So we all know the calls per day BS is not going away but really it wont get you fired. Bottom 15-20% of COE for a couple of years in a row will. The kicker is GEO doesn't even align to COE so you your portfolio can be 100% or more and yet still be low on COE. Makes absolutely no sense.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Upper Management here is a cluster of incompetency. So many different directives, So many blind eyes to reality. Bcise may be the best example of the complete ineptitude and lack of awareness that they show. So many people will be screwed by performance this year based on that alone. Let's not even get into the ongoing data debacles.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad part is, many of those folks had gotten 4s and 5s the year before. I know, because I was one of them.

Went to COE and was a rockstar one year - — goals went Sky high the next year, and all of a sudden I was shit on the bottom of SSLT’s shoe, ending up with a 2 despite having among highest market share in the country, there was no where else for me to grow!! System is beyond broken.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is a wonder to me how the company can lay people off for “poor performance”, when the sales data that ranks their performance and ultimately produces their year end rating is wrong much of the time.

Smells ripe for a wrongful termination suit to me.......

How do they get away with this? HONESTLY.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet you were doing the exact same thing on a daily basis when you were getting 4's vs getting 2's. In other words, you were still the same great rep taking care of your customers. Yet, you are a hero one day and a reject the next. How can they really justify giving you a 2?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what ya doing now?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. They can’t justify it - it’s just based on numbers and where your “sales” fall NOTHING else. They claim there is a behavioral component but there is ABSOLUTELY not.

Every year when I’ve ever been on the bubble between two ranks, no amount of leadership or devp work I’ve done has EVER bumped me up, and I’m also someone who consistently earns top marks of FCFs, too. I stopped doing anything extra because it means squat.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very wise man. The key to success at AZ: Somehow make your number ( at least every other year ). Keep metrics above requirement by any means necessary. Reply on Workplace quickly and with enthusiasm! Try not to flip out at the absolute BS that is rolled out to us on a weekly basis.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boy oh boy, did you nail it.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just don’t end up on any lists and all will be well!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is becoming exhausting trying to stay off of the lists! Can we add anymore busywork to our weeks? Yes we can!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this a national initiative? Because in the southeast, we’re kickin’ back