Need Your Help! Dumbest Interview Question

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am trying to collect some of the dumbest interview questions posed to pharma reps by anyone they ever interviewed within the pharma industry. In particular, I am interested in hearing about that one specific question that made you question the sanity or IQ of the interviewee. If recall the department of the interviewee, please provide that info as well.

As silly as it sounds, I really am looking for serious answers please. Here’s my real life example:

If you could be a tree, what kind of a tree would you be? Asked by HR interviewer.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had an interviewer put down three coins on the table and asked me what I see?
    What the hell does that have to do with selling aptitude?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was asked to read a PI to see if I could pronounce the words.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell me this paper clip...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell me this pen...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forest interviews...sell me this camera, or here is a situation sell me this fake drug. If you could be an anikal which one?

7. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

What was your answer, and why?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A FAMILY tree, because it showed I spewed my load and was fruitful and multiplied.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would you rather do,invent a new product or write a successful novel? He probably went to a symposium the day before and was told that you can find out a lot from this question.
    This asshole believed them.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is a manhole cover round?.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The manhole cover question is legit. It was used on the street before every educated person knew the answer. Then again wall street and pharma have completely different aptitudes. Wall street requires a brain, critical thinking and talent. Pharma reqires tits and an overinflated sense of your own worth.

Here's another question: how many pay phones are in manhattan?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why? No longer wanted to job...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to all who responded. I got curious over the manhole question and looked it up. Started by Microsoft. Many answers.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You might also want to ask managers the dumbest answers they've ever received.....you'll get some additional good laughter! For example, when I used to work in Pharmaceuticals, I would ask candidates why they were interested in a career in the pharmaceutical industry. A sampling of answers I received:
    1. I like people
    2. I like drugs
    3. I watch the stock market and drug stocks look good.
    4. I can't support myself with my paper route (I swear I got this answer).
    5. I flunked out of medical school.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and you never asked a dumb question?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Manhole covers are round for one main reason and a few ancillary ones. The main a circle cannot collapse into itself and thus the cover can't fall into the ground either injuring a public works worker or creating a whole in the street. Other reasons include maintaining the integrity of the road (circles bear force better than other shapes) and ease of manufacturing.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The manhole cover question began with Microsoft as a psychological assessment as to how a person approaches a quaestion with more than one correct answer. As for it's use by phamra managers when interviewing...my opinion is that anyone in this capacity is too fucking stupid to understand why they are even asking it, much less what any answer to it would even mean in the context of an interview. The real question pharma managers should be asking...and you know I'm correct is...how much money would you need by way of an expense account in order to get the business. The person who could promise the most business...and deliver...at the lowest cost to the company should be the one chosen...so companies should start asking for this type of documentation - albeit a violation of inducement laws -you know and I know that's what the success of most top performers ..most...comes down to. They don't stick around one company long enough to have an roi done on them- but it is certainly a doable exercise. I've doem it at a former company and the results were consistent with what I satate above. They buy the business. Most profitable reps are usually at the middle of the rankings - statistics show.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL ! Classic answer... You're hired ! You get the job!
    seriously, that is a fantastic answer. And you will be promoted to manager quickly!
    Yes, we have good talent here.