Non compete

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Guest, Feb 6, 2019 at 4:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Can anyone shed some light on non compete agreements one might have working for J&J. I am looking for other orthopedic opportunities outside of Depuy Synthes and hence not sure if I have a non compete. Do the LTIs include a non compete clause?
    How would one go about working around any non competes?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You probably have a non-compete if you're in sales. If so, you can get around it by working a different geography until your non-compete is over.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I looked into this with a formal attorney - paid for the consult - a few years back. IF you land a new role in the same geography and want to accept the role, J&J can block you from taking that role for a period of time. BUT...and here is the BIG but...if they block you, they have to pay you the salary that you would otherwise be given in the new role.

If you are switching geographies / territories / function they can do little to block you even for the same type of role or competency. For me, it was moving to a different state...J&J could not say a darn thing.

Another key observance...get a copy of your non-compete. You may have one on file. My non-compete was with a company that is no longer in existence. I could not be held to a non-compete with a company that was sold 7 years ago. Made it very simple to have a discussion with HR when the time came.