Question for those in the Field

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Oct 1, 2019 at 8:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why on earth are so many people leaving voluntarily right now? This is completely irrational.

Wait two months and you're going to receive handsome severance packages (for some, in excess of a full-year salary). Fear should not encourage you to leave significant money on the table.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who’s to say they are going to offer severance packages? A company doesn’t have to owe you isht. They provided you with a job and a steady income me for some time now. Besides, it’s a phony isht show every year ending in every Christmas Soirée.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If an older rep than need a job security or any rep with less than 8 year of employment it makes sense to leave for a raise and not be on a MBO bonus plan.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? You must think you’re hot shit at the craps table during NSM. You go ahead and gamble on there being a payout when the axe falls and then see how easy it is to get another position elsewhere. It’s not that easy and it’s always easier to get a new position while you’re employed versus laid off. Good luck rolling the dice.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fact: those who stay in the field as reps generally are good sales reps and can adapt to changing environments. Those who fast track it to sales management were in many instances sub par reps who have an insecurity complex and need the power rush of “managing “. This company is full of managers who couldn’t sell fire to an Eskimo and who will throw you under the HR bus to save their skin.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are all so mean behind the anonymous. I hope you have a good day and cheer up.
    Its clear people will lose jobs, make the most of your skills and experiences. You will be okay....
    Tougher said than done for most here, obviously, but give it a try.
    "The sun will come out tomorrow"!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny some would try to create doubt regarding severance packages. Ive seen a lot of layoffs at GNE these past 14 years and severance has always been offered. That’s a verifiable fact.

Now to the one that stated folks are leaving on their own because they fear their own lack of ability hit the nail on the head. GNE has more non-doers than doers. These non-doers are obsessed with being managers and having a title. They can’t get guy on real skill. So instead of risking trying to do real work again they jump ship

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People are leaving voluntarily for the GUARANTEE of future employment. What good is a severance package if at the end you are still unemployed. If you are old enough and have the financial means to retire than congratulations - wait for the severance and enjoy retirement. Many of us are single income families or have young families or have mortgages or college tuition (or ALL THE ABOVE) and cannot afford top gamble with our future paycheck so if if someone is offering stable long-term employment you need to act on it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very eloquently stated. To the dimwit who insinuated others are making irrational decisions, that is simply your opinion. Worry about yourself and have some respect for those who choose a different employment opportunity.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those who are reactive and wait for a hand out are what I call losers.

Those who are proactive with their future, and decide to be the driver instead of the passenger, I applaud. If you have a opportunity to solidify your future earnings you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer waiting around for a severance.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I don't know....but I am really enjoying my severance! New car, new golf clubs, no stress, etc.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Slacker and a loser

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well good for you that is great. But you still seem to manage a message on Cafe Pharma. Here's your sign.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not really! Pharma is not the place to be anymore, especially at Roche. Glad to have the opportunity to do something different, or just retire. Good to have choices.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pillow

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Best advice I ever got in Pharma from the many folks I have had the opportunity to work with was this....and it was from only ONE person...
    He said “Don’t change your Lifestyle or Quality of life just because you work in Pharma!” Because in the end the Pharma House Always Wins. I took that to heart because not many folks in Pharma are REAL. He was...I never changed to the standard of living of the flashy reps/or managers. So when the first time came around and I was laid off with Severance, I had not a single worry because I had prepared for it. With $75,000 sitting in the bank already, I jumped in my paid off car, made a couple adjustments to my Million dollar 401k.. and road off into the sunset with a smile on my face.. it’s just business. If you have not had the foresight to know this was eventually going to happen...shame on you for betting all your chips. The Pharma House always wins. You deserve no severance or Job security for that matter. The changes coming are NOT about compliance like one of the BobbleHead posters stated previously. It is about the money. It will always be about the money. Set yourself up starting now so it doesn’t decimate you or your family. If you find your dream job before, take it. NEVER hang around for severance unless you are close to retirement. There are so many things that can go wrong in the severance agreement/check out process where they can withhold it from you. The only purpose of Severance is to sustain an individual looking for another job & unemployment after that. Which if you get enough severance you are not even eligible for unemployment for a very long time. So start looking NOW. If you get to stay GREAT!,, it was meant to be. But do not give GENE emotional control of your destiny. Only you should OWN that!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Severance package will be 2 weeks for every year of service. Always easier to get a job when you have a job. Once we make the cuts- and they will be significant- you will be competing with more people for jobs. The good ones will get snatched up by performers leaving the rest of you to compete for jobs that pay significantly less and cause you to work much more. Only a complete idiot wouldn't be looking now. Worst case you can double dip until you get your severance- I've done it before and will do it again. Takes some juggling but easily done.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All the severance stuff is on gwiz.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what are the timelines for layoffs?
    WhAt will be the future focus of this company?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How was that nap Rip Van Winkle?? Where have you been if you’re asking these questions