Regional meetings

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2015 at 4:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am beginning to think the reason we do not have a MD come in to speak about the clinical perspective of our products is because no one is willing to support the clinical perspective and claims of our products.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reason is, there is no money to pay for HCP faculty.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is spot-on, but not just the Field - this is the corporate culture as well. I donate multiple times a year to Op Smile, visibly, so that I don't get demerits for not doing so.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been here a long time and would agree with the poster that training has gotten much much worse the last 5 years at least. We all knew it but I’m definitely hearing a whole lot more bitching. Everyone wants a national meeting and to actually learn something not simulate silly sales scenarios

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen!!!! We we meet just talking about this at our cvt meeting as a team. The national meeting were so much better. The format was better and the content was superior. These regional meetings are a complete check the box time waster that is required by each region. Problem is the the managers are tasked with a lot of the agenda so you can imagine what happens. They simply spit out the same bs agenda with to kill time. They will get an rss to give a 20 min endocutter presentation then let’s take another 30 min to report out by the reps. It’s so stupid and this goes on and on and on for 2-3 days in some hotel room.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you guys are such tools, "endocutters". no one says this besides you humps

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think they realize that a national meeting is the way to go and will get back to that.

The issues that the OP stated have been obvious to everyone for years and has always been talked about.

Gathering as a region keeps the scope so limited and you essentially end up having conversations with your own team and region that you already do in a daily basis. Only difference being you are in a hotel room doing it.

The focus needs to be on clinical acumen, product acumen, even anatomy to some degree. Little time if any should be spent on selling. It becomes a huge time waster to listen to just another rep and the way they verbalize something. Everyone has their own style.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great progress moving to national meetings. Long overdue! But, are we still going to have whiteboards and report outs like we are at an Amway convention? Also, can we find more for the DSM's to do other than sitting on their asses and worry about looking good. Shouldn't they be in their own room learning management stuff or something?

9. WhyBother

WhyBother Guest

Nef wanted a massive reorg and an impressive “show” at NSM!
    Check the boxes.
    Plus she wants to force people to wear business casual and there are specific instructions behind what “business casual” means.#Medieval times! #SoMuchForD&I #SoMuchForEmpowerment

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shouldn’t they be monitoring the reps who are hooking up at the meeting?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol they do? That’s why they handed out all those gps tracking cock rings

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many of those do you really think are being used?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to be an ethicon rep and now responsible for some training in another med device company. Having just competed our area meetings I’m always lurking and interested in what’s going on with training from my previous companies. I can attest that Ethicon was too rep driven at meetings when I was there. Now that I’m in another pasture, meetings are so much more valuable. No more reporting out and rep centric stuff that offers no value. Experts and different opinions outside your direct peers is what we bring in and our sales people love it! They absorb the information like a sponge and take notes like mad haha! It was eye opening once I left.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear that they are cutting reps because the products are a commodity. Is this true?