Reprocessing Study

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're busy worrying about their recall

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few questions...

Would you buy and wear "reprocessed" underwear?

What about a "reprocessed" condom?

What about a "reprocessed" tampon introducer?

Didn't think so.

Now how would you like it if one of the above was purchased at a store and it WAS "reprocessed" yet NOT revealed to you?

Vomit yet?

It's all about full disclosure people.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ETHICON- known for bribing doctors and talking trash about competitiors
    Ascent - known for ethicons harmonic scalpel

that sums it up
    LOL

Good luck to both companies in 2011

hopefully you will realize that the reason healthcare is so high is OEM vendors are

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A recall you fucking idiot.. EES has started it's fall, and I can't wait to watch the evil empire fall to the ground.

5. Of course you would chicken pick the worst examples possibles. Are these devices FDA approved to be reprocessed? No, and neither is most of the devices used in a hospital. Keep reaching there Alice.
    Just to let you know, when your transmission and alternator go out, you are not given a new one of these. They are rebuilt. The best transmissions are the rebuilt ones because they are no longer cookie cutter manufactured. They replace certain parts that are suspect to fail and then offer a better warrant than the OEM did. Ch-CHING!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy howdy, I bet at the manager's meetings, they laugh about how big of a minion you are. You really are drinking the Kool-aid. Your first point about the 510K clearance: is the exact same thing EES and any OEM for that matter had to go through with the FDA. The 510K is not just for reprocessing. Do your homework before trying to sound intelligent. First point knocked out.

It is obviously very efficiant for Ascent to be able to sell your products at 1/2 the cost at the same time providing jobs. No matter how inefficient you feel it is, the business model works to a "T" or Stryker would not have spent $525 million on them. This unique niche is a billion dollar industry. The reason why not as much monry is spent on R&D is because the problems are corrected before they go out the door....and that is more efficient.

Any more points you wantto discuss?? We can do this all day because you have no credibility.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets remember this...everyday patients are expossed to "reprocessed" devices. Hundreds of devices are used everyday in surgery and re-sterilized in CS by the hospital. I can assure you that these re-processing companies are doing a much better job cleaning and re-processing these devices then your local hospital. Food for thought...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm an Ethicon rep and I LOVE Ascent.

I thought it was the end of the world when one of my accounts started reprocessing a year ago. Yes, I lost business in the short term but now I am taking back share surgeon by surgeon because the Ascent Harmonics do one thing consistently well - fail.

Tie that in with the stocking issues that Ascent has and it's one of the biggest scams going. My hospital it too blind to realize that they are spending 40% more per year and I'm making a ton of cash.

I am now selling more at list price than I was when I had all the business at contract and I don't have to work nearly as hard.

I can't wait for my next account to bring in Ascent to "save them 40% a year". O.k. pricks, go for it!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well good for the stockholders. BUT how much do you take home in your paycheck ........
    THats really what is important.... You cant control how much you will take home.....GOTTA WORK THE COMP PLAN THATS WHATY IS IMPORTANT

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name the account if you are so confident. I bet the failures coincide with the days you checked in. EES rep is no longer welcome at one of my accounts. We had no failures for 2 years. Then all of a sudden one happened each week for a month. Once they realized the EES rep was there for the first two, and his "buddy" was the scrub tech for the other two, the problem was solved. Tech was given a witten D.A.R. and EES can no longer sign in through reptrax. Pretty tough to sell when they no longer allow youin the building.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I kicked an ESS rep in the balls today as I walked by his sorry ass in the OR. He cried when I stuck his echelon stapler up his ass to. Sucked to be him. Pussy.

Signed,
    The Applied Rep

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trash collectors saving hospitals Millions of dollars a year and taking over $75 million away from ESS at the same time. Stop whining and knuckle up !!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll chime in on this. I love sales reps or marketing people that like to chime in on R&D. Mr. Homework, have you ever submitted a 510k? Do you know what the FDA requires? Are you trying to sound intelligent? Do you know what substanital equivalence is? Are you familiar with statistical confidence limits? Do you know your head from you ass? It takes surprising little test data to get a device approved. The good companies do exceedingly more testing than is required by the FDA. Please don't knock others under the illusion you know something.

Second, you may be right that it is efficient but I wouldn't say because a company spent $525MM its a model that works. Read the business section of a newspaper to find out that companies make bad purchases/decisions. That's a little pearl of wisdom for you to learn now. And the reason no R&D money is spent on reprocessing is because the investment was with the OEM, not the reprocessor. The reprocessor doesn't know shit about the device, they can only evaluate it side by side with the new device to demonstrate substantial equivalence with whichever tests they believe will transfer to surgical performance. But since they didn't invest in R&D, they may not have the best picture of that.

Finally, efficiant and monry aren't words.

If you pay full price for a new car, do you want it made of refurbished parts? Like refurbished products, let's discount procedures to the patients & insurance companies for those procedures done with reprocessed devices. Anyone willing to purchase any used retail product at full/new price, please reply...I have lots to sell....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sir are a joke.

First all if your life is so low that you need to criticize someone about spelling mistakes then you are as juvenile as they come.

So to your point...substanital is not a word...douchebag.

Secondly, let's remember that the OEM's were selling these devices 20 years ago without the label as a single use device...funny that they figured they could make more money if they sold more devices, here in lies the invention of a single use device.

The reprocessor knows plenty about the device. The FDA makes them test 100% devices going out the door.

Lastly, your point about buying a new car. These hospitals aren't paying the inflated price the OEM is selling them at. Your points in so little words are...shit.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

-

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Device manufacturers didn't add the single use requirement years ago so they make more money, the FDA required it.

And no, the reprocessor doesn't know plenty. They know shit about the device. They have none of the original specs, and any engineer with half a degree from a half assed school knows that specs are not obtainable by measuring a group of devices. They know nothing about the original test procedures that validate a product, and the groovy little secret, is they have no idea when a device has undergone a change by the manufacturer, especially if it's internal.

The reason this market sprouted is understandable with the way JJ rapes the customers with prices. Inflating the price is the real problem. Take care of that and this industry will dissolve.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's interesting that Ethicon has recently entered into "sole-source" contracts with both Cardinal Health and Owens and Minor for distribution of their harmonics (to the exclusion of Ascent reprocessed product). Oh well, we'll just buy direct from Ascent rather than thru our distributor!

Can anyone say "Restraint of Trade"?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, can't say "Restraint of Trade" but what can be said is "smart". CH and O&M figured out they could make more money selling OEM devices than reprocessed. It was their (CH and O&M) business decision-and a smart one. It is a free country so I guess the distributors saw something in it for them.

Stryker stepped into a pile when they bought Ascent. JNJ is a big ass ant hill. Keep kicking it and they will beat you with a thousand tiny bites. Heaven help the reprocessors if they put Covidien/Valleylab in their crosshairs too.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Styker stepped into a pile???? Ascent has grown by leaps every year....and JnJ's harmonics margin drops every year. God hep Covidien/Valleylab if Ascent gains FDA clearance....they will sort to douchebaggery tricks like Unethicon has.
    The problem with Cardinal & O&M is they are looking at the short term. They tell the hospitals all they want to do is stay OEM neutral and then they turn around and fill their pockets. Why has both of their stock decreased the past three years when Stryker's has jumped?

The only people who say reprocessing is a joke and no good....is the goons who are losing business to them. And the docs they pay off.