Should I consider interviewing for an open position?

Discussion in 'Pharmacyclics' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not sure if this is still a great opportunity for someone to join Pharmacyclics at this point in the game. Thoughts? Is there any money to be made?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh NO. Pharmafucklics is only concerned with giving money to the "church".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless you are desperate, stay away from PCYC. If you read the post you will find out why this is a career ending move.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't join that place in a million years. All the big money has already been made and the incompetent management there is sure to run that place into the ground. You will be working 24/7 for compensation & benefits that are just average to below-average at best so really, why bother?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd say it depends on who the hiring manager is. They make or break the job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard a dickwad runs the HR dept now...this fuck face jacked finance , and now is onto HR..amateur

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, there's lots of open positions here. Base salary for reps is 120k+ and DM's range is higher than that. The good news we are a smaller company vs. big pharma.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes, openings for a reason... toxic workplace, very low morale, employee surveys say majority would not recommend this place to a friend.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbvie overpaid ya think?

AstraZeneca's (AZN.L) bold move to buy 55 percent of privately held biotech firm Acerta Pharma for $4 billion in December has been vindicated, at least in part, by the award of special "orphan" status to the key experimental drug involved.

The drugmaker said on Thursday that the European Medicines Agency had recommended acalabrutinib as an orphan product for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia or small lymphocytic lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma and lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma.

Orphan status is awarded to medicines promising significant benefit in the treatment of rare, life-threatening diseases and the designation provides companies with special development and market exclusivity incentives.

AstraZeneca bought control of Acerta to get its hands on acalabrutinib, which it believes could generate sales of more than $5 billion a year. The drug is currently in the final stages of clinical development for various blood cancers.

Acalabrutinib works in a similar way to AbbVie (ABBV.N) and Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ.N) Imbruvica. But AstraZeneca reckons it has fewer side effects than Imbruvica and potentially better efficacy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is the San Antonio position available?
    How's the territory doing?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told the drug test is rectal. Is this true?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't tell me, "the church" is now hiring reps without prior oncology experience now... that's so sad!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not hard to figure out, unless there's a secret handshake

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You obviously have poor negotiating skills or have never truly worked for a start up that has been purchased. PCYC pays great and you are treated like an adult. Life is good....Sad that you don't realize what you truly have. Life is too short to be bitter......you probably weren't called back after the "phone" interview.

Good Luck