Something to chew on

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Walking Eagle, May 1, 2013 at 6:46 PM.

1. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Once again, intent is so important. What ever happened to 'warnings'? Have none of us ever made an honest mistake?

I once was out hunting (in my '54 Studebaker) and we put the shotguns in the trunk but for 'whatever reason' I put a loaded .22 revolver under the front seat. We always carried a .22 revolver in case we wounded an animal and had to dispatch it. I was stopped one night drinking beer in the school parking lot at a basketball game. A cop found the .22. I was horrified. But that was a different world. We didn't have AK 47s and high capacity magazines. We were just kids who went hunting on the weekends and no one needed (or wanted) that shit. After I explained, the cop explained - "Keep the chamber with the bullets in the glove box or trunk, SEPARATE from the gun and don't drink beer here (even though I was legal age (18) in Kansas) and then get the hell out of here. If I catch you again, you're toast."

This whole thing about Rambo-type weapons has put us in a very awkward place.

2. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

It really isn't even about the 'rambo style weapons'. It is about a group of people who want to drastically change our entire country and know they cannot achieve their goals as long as the second amendment stands and is enforced.

3. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

4. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

"knowingly and willingly"? That's really what was said? I think in this case, it obviously was not.

The world is out of control.

5. Vagitarian

Respectfully disagree. Any freedom has a limit. The first amendmant has a break point, you can't walk into a crowded auditorium and yell, "Fire!" Why not? Aren't we concerned that this is just the beginning of the big bad government stealing our freedom of speech? Of course not. I doubt if this was thought of when the amendment was written. When the second was written, I doubt anyone was thinking of the type weaponry available now. We do have the freedom to arm and there are restrictions, ie, the average person can't own a bazooka or a submachine gun. What we're arguing about is where do we draw a line. I liked the world better when I was 18 and AK47s that fired off 50 rounds weren't available.

With that said, what happened to the boy was overkill.

6. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

While I completely disagree with your above post, the boy should be given a break in this case.

7. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Actually WE is dead on. Smart man that WE.

8. Breakingnews

WE is only smart, in your eyes, because he agrees with you most of the time.

9. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

That is true. He really is a smart fella though.

10. Vagitarian

I don't see eye to eye with him on everything but WE is a pretty sharp cookie. Good man in my book.

11. Walking Eagle

12. Vagitarian

13. Walking Eagle

I have cited examples previously. Used to live very close to the Mexican border on the family ranch. We were infested with trespassers including illegals and drug runners. Gangs are rampant in the area as well. Drug runners and coyotes as well as gang members do not carry pea shooters--they are armed with full automatic weapons. A pocket 32 will either piss them off or make them laugh, but you end up at least shot if not killed. A 45 and 12 guage help a bit, but to truly protect yourself you need similar armament and lots of backup with similar fire power.

I am in a metro area now, but the gangs and dealers are growing here. It is getting to the point where it is not safe to honk or flip the bird anymore for fear of full auto gang retaliation. I can't drive around with three fully armed ranch hand/body guards all the time up here and that is exactly what it would take. The cops are out numbered and they are out gunned as well as under trained for what is happening.

If you can suggest a way to control ILLEGAL weapons and their ILLEGAL use without restricting private citizens, I will be all for it. Capone was not arrested and convicted for his ILLEGAL Thompson and the murders he committed and ordered---they had to get him for tax evasion. The problem continues and disarming law abiding citizens is NOT the way to control ILLEGAL weapons.

14. Vagitarian

A rancher on the border is a special situation and their (not MY so you can drop that) suggestion was 'restricted' semi auto rifles. IF they dicontinue ANYthing, yes, what's out there is out there. Eventually an impact will be made though. Your argument is a bit like the argument agains new smog control legislation years ago - argument being those that are out there are still out there. Anyway, does it affect me? No. Do I care? No. Would I vote for restricted ownership of semi autos? Yes. Would I vote to outlaw hi cap magazines? Yes. Do I care what anyone else votes for? Hell no....

15. Walking Eagle

Full automatic weapons are severely restricted and have been for many years. SO, how do the criminals get them? Not by stealing from law abiding citizens, not at gunshows. Laws are already in place but criminals still do not obey laws.......

16. Breakingnews

WE is cool with me.

17. That's a pretty severe indictment there. Ease up on the guy!

18. Breakingnews

What would Jesus do?

19. That's a very good question. I suggest that you ponder it on a regular basis.
    What he wouldn't do is support so-called gay marriage!