STOP WITH ALL THESE PROGRAMS!!!

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHY DOESN'T BMS AND OTSUKA GET IT? NO ONE wants to go to programs anymore. I'm really tired of them shoving these programs down our throat and asking Dr's to attend programs for a drug that's been out for almost 10 years. It's a waste of time and money, and I wish they'd stop with these program requirements. Is this a BMS direction or an Otsuka direction?

Most companies have stopped shoving these down our throats knowing that they don't pay off for the most part.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree. I am so sick and tired of programs being shoved down our throats! Contests, March Madness, etc. etc. etc. What a crock and waste of money. No dr.'s want to attend programs--at least any high quintile Dr.'s don't. it's the losers who keep showing up at the dinners and no one else. WASTE OF MONEY. Is it BMS or Otsuka that is pushing these? It's getting worse yearly, and I've been around for quite some time. Give it a rest, and stop wasting money and buying business Otsuka. Its' not working anyway.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i agree

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on guys it's MARCH MADNESS time for the teleconferences. You know the reason the NE region got off to a fast start in Q1 last year was the amount of telefconferences we did.
    Of course, the telecoferences started in March and Q1 includes Jan, Feb and March but I am sure it was the teleconferences.
    Tons of peaker programs, that is the ticket. . Anyone who had strong numbers we say it was because of the dinner programs. FOr those of you who did tons of speaker programs but had bad numbers the answer is you. You invited the wrong customers and or did a bad pull through job. Good numbers means great implimentation and pull through.
    Enjoy it!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find them to be worthless. No one comes. It's the same people. It's a waste of company money.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CROCK of you know what. I lost all my selling seconds trying to get people to come to these programs in the past few months. Hardly anyone came either.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my region it just seems to get worse and worse. It wasn't so bad a few years ago. They need to stop with this waste of time and money. It's almost impossible getting anyone to attend, and they sell minimal.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

such a waste of time and money

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they will soon be over. Many Dr.'s won't go with the stuff being put on the internet. I think they will end.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had to cancel programs as I got about 2 rsvps. Waste of time as other said. I've been around 5 years, and it gets worse.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

have a program with friends and nurses eat steak lobster and have a bottle wine

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even many nurses don't want to go out anymore. The partay is coming to an end folks. Stop with the unnecessary programs is right. I'm tired of planning them and no one hardly comes--or it's the same deadbeats that just want food and don't write anything.

Otsuka and BMS need to realize they are not paying off.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem with speaker programs in all companies now is regulation! Speakers have to present a canned presentation that is no different than our canned presentation. Dr's used to look forward to a lively discussion and the speaker actually presenting their experience with the product. They would come for a particular speakers expertise. Who wants to spend a free evening listening to exactly what the reps have been saying? That's the main reason it is over.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree. They are a waste of time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the two best reps in my district have the most programs--maybe they do work---at least it is something new to talk to a doc about

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have done so many programs with Otsuka the past few years and I really don't notice much difference in their prescribing. I find most painful. It's not something new. They've been invited to so many programs and most don't attend.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I barely work and I am new.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager thinks programs are a waste of time and doesn't recommend many.