What is the worst pharmaceutical company to work for

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2007 at 7:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the poster regading KING Pharma. GREAT GREAT company to be with. It is NOT about big pharma which spouts out core crap; we are trained to discuss and be real. Good drugs and access. They treat people well and promote and pay well if you are a good rep.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allergan. Hands down the worst in the industry, with all of the shit having floated to the top in the Botox division. There is a constant rotation of VPs who don't know what the fuck they are doing. The goals constantly shift, so that you never quite hit your targets because you have absolutely no idea what they are.

Marketing, sales and medical affairs are run by cowards who couldn't make it anywhere else, and the managed care area (Botox) was (or might still be) run by a tribe of Amazon cunts out of some grade-Z 50s Roger Corman flick.

Allergan's pay is the worst in the industry and you will get zero stock options. The bonus structure (non-sales) is the lowest of any major specialty pharma company and sexual harrassment is a constant issue that won't go away. There have been more cases of managers banging reps, admins or other support staff than any other company.

Stay away.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any cough/cold company will be worse than anyone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually the valeant rep in my area does very well. He lives in an upscale neighborhood and seems happy. Oh, also gives me 6 months worth of samples when I run into him! Not bad for a phama job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"There have been more cases of managers banging reps, admins or other support staff than any other company".

Hmmm, sounds like you decided to be a low-life whore and bang your way to the top, but didn't get the promotion.

Your warning should read, "There are a lot of home wrecking, skanky, two-bit whores working as support staff and sales reps. at Allergan. All morally sound management should be aware and stay away from these skanks who will tempt you then ruin your life".

How's that?

6. IHateKingGuy

IHateKingGuy Guest

No, King really does suck.

Sincerely,

The I Hate King Guy

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J was OK, .... abbott sucked a big meaty one...always tons of red tape. I have 10 years in the biz as a rep. A sales job is only as good as your DM. I've had one great one, and three crazies who couldn't sell their way out of a paper bag, and the only thing they could do is admin, since they had the people skills of a monkey... I'm in the process of making a career change... I just don't think it's fair that a poor DM can make their rep's lives hell prior to management reading the region rep's one-a-year manager feedback reports. The answer would be once a quarter, rep feedback reports that go directly to the Regional Manager. I think that would be fair. After all, reps are constantly under the microscope with our numbers, why aren't managers?? The last manager I had with Abbott was a doozie. My favorite, was a rep faked jury duty one time when she was due to ride with him in the field, if that says anything...

8. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

Kind of hard to pick the loser out of a 30 way tie.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG. Nice ASSumptions, but too bad you don't know anything about the company.

Two years was long enough to work for those shitheads and the revolving door on DuPont Drive in Irvine proves it.

Then again, I would not expect a self-righteous, ignorant piece of shit like you to understand anything as trivial as facts.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know the worst but LOVE MERCK!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then explain to me this. Are the admin. staff, support staff and reps. being FORCED to sleep with management????

Yeah, I didn't think so. Take your whitetrash attitude somewhere else. That's probably why they canned your nasty ass.

It takes TWO people to CONSENT to sexual activity.

No one at Allergan is being FORCED to have sex with management.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah,,,IF YOU ARE ROBOTIC!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It all depends on your boss. Worse if your boss was an inexperienced young female who pretends to know it all with her slip shot and poor compliance. To top it all all pharma companies are too bother chasing kpi's and travelli g without any reason that the value for money has just beco.e a stat. If you were to put aside all the business class travel may be can feed a continent.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is one of the best. AZ is hands down the absolute worst.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are smoking crack right? Merck is BY FAR the worst of them all.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heck, I loved working for Merck. I loved my boss, my district the lack of busy work and the culture. . . but PCP division was horrible I heard. Hospital was fucking great. I would go back in a heartbeat but I blew it. AZ is like a living breathing special kind of HELL with 12 and 14 hour days and three day FV, constant threats of being fired for not ABC selling. They have zero clinical training for reps and it is all about messaging from the brand team. OMG, I am in HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would have to second this comment. Worse CEO (two years running) in industry, a product that is still getting it handed to it by compounded products and creams that have very weak, at best, managed care coverage. Then to top that, you are treated as if you work for one of the big 5 pharma companies - micromanaged, very low lunch budgets and they, in fact, do change their numbers (as does every company) after the fact so as to screw you out of any kind of bonus.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Purdue Pharma - especially for being such a small privately held company. That company has amazing products and great reps but is driving itself into the ground fast! Purdue is promoting reps into management overnight with little to no experience, they have the worst HR department that bullies reps and with so many reps out of work today... Purdue has 525 rep positions, there are over 40 vacancies. Sad. Just sad.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they are scrambling to make some bucks after all those lawsuits and compliance issues. Too bad. I had wanted to work there. Sorry to read this.

Hey Novo Nordisk is a good company. They have a few douchbag managers left, but most are pretty tenured.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one has mentioned Bristol Myers Squibb. Absolutely horrible company with a culture that totally demeans reps. The worst of the worst. The whole industry has gone to hell in a handbasket, though.