When did you leave Pharma?

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:12 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess you were not in pharma too long after 2009, because most of your points did a nose dive. In fact, metrics (looking over your shoulder) is at a all time high. I am in a specialty position with friends in training and management and they are being taught and asked to run reports on first and last sample calls on everyone to identify outliers. We are now encouraged to sample on every call. I have not seen this since we had pods of 8.

Honestly, I am like many, I have stayed too long and hope to make it a few more. I started saving in my 20s but can’t afford medical insurance for more than 5 years to hit Medicare.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was a very good rep. I always ask my mgrs. what I could do better...they loved it. They picked on someone else...LIKE YOU....Dumpster Breath. Over 30 years and it was FUN, FUN, FUN

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was 4X President's club, with 10 years qualifying.

You Crown thinking, Wetiko.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must love sucking...

never mind.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just love those people that think they are so great for giving their lives or careers to this industry, as if they accomplished something.

no.

you haven't accomplished anything.

and most of you are alcoholics, stupid and fail to understand the purpose of your existence, which never was to work for Mobile Oil or Pfizer or Merck or IBM or whatever.

dam it.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did someone get their Itty Bitty Feelings Hurt? The job is what you make it, take it or go somewhere else in your case a Bar....Dumpster Breath

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And, remember, there is absolutely no job security in the industry, and it's been that way for many years. Frequent re-orgs and layoff's are the norm in Pharma. Here's a post from the Novartis board as another reminder:

"Neuro rep here: we were told minimal field disruption and ended up with 36% field force reduction. We had people who just won Presidents Club let go. NOBODY was safe. So CRM and Cosentyx are not safe. It’s just a matter of how deep the cut will be but all divisions are having cuts. All positions are having cuts….field, HQ, training, marketing, medical. They are calling it “right sizing” based on the feedback from ZS. Don’t be lulled into thinking you are safe."

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One of the best, most accurate posts I've seen in awhile.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks.

I try.

too bad there are so many living in denial and don't get it. there are so many of these types of people on this website. the purpose I have here is to help people realize that they got duped working in corporate America, especially in the most corrupt industry in the world, along with big oil, insurance, and finance.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. The denial can be very strong and difficult for people to break through. And, if they see themselves as having benefitted from the system (the industry, in this case), it's relatively easy for them to remain in denial.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Money talks for most people.
    Sad but true.

I am happy to have passed that worldview and consider lower stress, and a lower consumption lifestyle to be more beneficial and high stress/lower life expectancy.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I’m in it for the money at this point. It’s easy to play the game and so are the DM’s, Regionals, Managed Care folks..etc. I get queasy Sunday nights knowing my week ahead is full of making my business look busy. In my late 50’s, so I’m sticking it out until the next layoff or firing. I’m not in denial. This Pharma model is still moving along with bullshit accountability with metrics, spreadsheets, business plans, field rides, meetings, stupid contests..etc. It is about looking good for the shareholders. You are only as good as your drug’s coverage and outcomes data.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will do it. What other medical sales job is easier and pays well like this...I retired in 2012 at age 57, making Apporx. $145K a year total. I have a small place in Maui.....

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shit…can I couch surf?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I increasingly people are waking up and adopting this perspective.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once I realized that money was fake and that I had the courage to use my critical thinking skills, it was an easy decision to make.

It helped that I never married and don't have children.

It helped that I don't need validation from others.

It helped that I don't drink or smoke or have bad addictions.

It helped that I have 2 advanced degrees and can be picky.

It helped that I am not a consumer of stupid things like a shiny car or big house.

You get the picture.

And not to be too cocky, but I am smarter than others because I spend my free time doing this:

Thinking.