Karyopharm - oncology

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Jun 30, 2018 at 9:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know you too

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are/were at least 20 of us...take your pick Columbo.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Find out where this leads to understand the board’s logic. Having someone with no strategic ability or insight doesn’t matter too much if you don’t care about the long-term. If your goal is just to get the company sold and max the acquisition price when it goes in the block then you just need a person with a few tactical skills who can squeeze the P&L.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

after 2 years thats all i want from this pos

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok...unfortunately we didn’t hire that guy.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. Many of us know RP and he is not the investment banker deal maker. He’s a commercial guy who climbed the ranks which is commendable. Many of us don’t care for his narcissist personality, but at this point it doesn’t really matter. We needed a deal maker and if that was the endgame we chose the wrong guy. If anything this may signal that KPTI is in it for the long game. You don’t bring in a “commercial guy” to broker a buy out you bring in CFO/Investment bankers in...we went the other way on this one.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Narcissist is a clinical way to say arrogant prick. We won’t even talk about the Peter Principle.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

long run???? this place is bleeding cash every quarter. The science and drug should beworth 1.5 to 2 billion.....sell this pos to a company where selinexor is 2/3 product

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think the buyout valuation of KPTI is 2x/3x current mkt cap? Man send me what you are smoking...I don’t disagree that we are hemorrhaging cash but if pulling off a deal was the near term goal they would have brought in a different CEO who has experience in making these deals happen. We did not. RP was brought and more accurately MK was ousted because of the belief, which looks to be accurate, is he is not equipped to run a commercial organization. The rationale is we are not executing commercial well enough to drive revenue and RO is the guy to do it.

Lastly, there are other SINE’s in development that could be purchased if a company really wants in on that market.

No need to pay $1.5B for one.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MK not really fit to run any organization. His problem solving skills are about the same as Veruca Salt’s- just scream “I Want It Now”

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Posts don’t age much better than this.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nostradamus

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company is valued at about 650 after today. The drug will do around around 100 million with the expanded MM label. It only takes a couple a** hole physicians to add it in to grow even modestly when the drug has under performed. So yeah with a bean counter to wring excess costs and 15 times revenue I think this company could get 1.5 billion and get rid of this piece of shit with some result with long term shareholders to get close to break even.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a chance...love the optimism, but like I said before there are other SINE’s in development and those could be bought for a lot less than $1B. 15 times current revenue will not happen.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldnt they get any value from other assets in pipeline such as Endo coming in Q4. Wouldn’t a positive phase 3 readout add to the MC even assuming doing 100m a year in MM which is kinda conservative.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe, but the market is flooded right now now with early Phase drugs from small shops. There are bargains out there for speculators...1-2B is pricey and less expensive deals seem to be what is hot right now. That and more development arrangements...so less full buyouts to mitigate the risk.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes,
    That has been happening for past number of years. I don’t think it’s feasible for Kpti to go alone. What can RP do to drastically boost revs in time to head off a secondary next year?? Even euro partnership won’t be enough to muddle through. It seems that either a full out partnership across the board more like a strategic
    Alliance or a BO is on horizon.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This piece of shit at 1 billion plus would be a drop in the bucket to other MM players....Im optimistic/delusional cause I should never have bought this POS

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah it may be a drop in the bucket for many companies, however it get's the buyer very little in terms of a revenue stream, and pipeline

Stemline, who was acquired by the Menarini Group for $677M has an XPO1 drug in development, and a deeper pipeline than ours and they were brining in about $50M in 2019 with ELZONRIS. - couldn't find 2020 revenue for it. If you use that as a litmus it's hard to see how we get bought for much more than that, let alone double. Guessing Menarini would sell their XPO1 off for far less than $1B...since they bought all of Stemline's assets for $677M.

Point being if you really want an XPO1 there are less expensive options out there than paying a super premium for KPTI's.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RP doesn’t have the ability to and won’t do anything.