Thoughts on Novartis oncology layoffs 2021?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Oct 14, 2020 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thoughts on Novartis oncology layoffs 2021?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's hear your thoughts first.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No layoffs are planned, or rumored. There are numerous Hem and Onc. launches coming in the next one -two years in oncology at Novartis, Not worried in the least. Don't start a silly paranoid rumor here.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We will need the opportunities for those displaced in retina by year end

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ha wish it would be easy for a retina rep to make the jump. Oncology is a complete different beast...sometimes it just best to stay in your lane.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s all jut Branded Pharma for both Retina and Oncology.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology way more technical and you really have to be up to date on the industry trends or you won't be able to connect. Its just different.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recite your MVA and marketing message and keep telling yourself that industry trends makes it different. HCPs don’t need you to educate them or to ask you for industry trends. Wingnut!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s actually pretty easy to make the jump. People do it all the time.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only a sheep rep would think that....you must be in our cardio division...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would not say all the time. I know I would never hire anyone without proven experience and success in Oncology. But I'm in a major market. As far as do it all the time- yes it happens, very few are successful. But that is the sad state of our industry. We accept mediocrity were we didn't 10 years ago. Best of luck...you seem like the type of rep that needs it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Comedy. Pharma is pharma. How do you connect when you cant even get in?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is going downhill fast. I get in pretty much all my offices all the time. Major market too. That is your job as a rep to figure out how to do it. Not all can. But don't act like everyone can't. Have a personality and look for mutual connections in the community. Its really not that hard. Every Dr. is seen by some rep...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must not actually work in Oncology at Novartis. Or else you would know there are plenty of people who recently came over with no prior experience in the disease state. Some of them suck, some of them are legit. So, you are right, it doesn’t happen all the time, but it sure does happen more than someone like you wants to think. I hope you aren’t actually a hiring manager. Otherwise, your candidate pool (with oncology experience) will eventually die off. Best of luck to you!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

See that’s the thing, every hiring manager wants current oncology experience, but what’s gonna happen when all the current oncology reps retire or die? It’s silly on its face. People without oncology experience or current oncology experience have to be given a chance at some point.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Current rep...over 15 years in this space. We have brought over way to many internally with no experience. It won’t end good. It’s a tough specialty and way different then dermatology or rheumatology which are jokes. Sorry but it’s fact.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hiring manager here and i can tell you it depends on the candidate for success... personally I don’t let experience or non-experience in oncology a deal breaker. I hired a rep straight from pcp with 5 years experience who won pclub her first year. I’ve had others come from oncology (competition) that didn’t do well. While relationships matter —-a good rep will figure out how to get into an account.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously...I came here with zero Oncology experience and this gig is no different than any other disease state I've sold in during my 15 years in Pharma.
    Same old same old except now I have to pronounce bigger words and order more deli platters and pizzas.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

president club often has nothing to do with the rep. So get your bull shit out of here.