AIMS. Is it for real?

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Nov 9, 2008 at 5:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you're saying that people willingly fork over almost $10,000 to "prepare" for a job that very few actually ever break into?

EliteMed-MSC advertises 71% to 81% placement, meaning that they are practically guaranteeing job placement. This is why people pay them.

Of course, ask them how they calculated those figures and you'll get the runaround.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter how much you learned to strut your stuff from an expensive modeling school, you have to actually look like a model in order to become one.

In medical sales, being "prepared" for the job by a medical sales school will not get you in. There are so many more factors involved. In fact, some are saying that having MSC on your resume could instead put you at a disadvantage.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess the RVP from Wright Medical thinks the college is negative and a scam. OH!! That's right. This is a fake testimonial. You have been sniffing your farts for way too long. Go out and get some fresh air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkGsc9isELU

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MSC is very good at convincing people like that RVP. So why does MSC continue to post fake EliteMed job ads to lure students?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MSC Certification on Resume Can Hurt Jobseeker

Displaying a Medical Sales College (MSC) certification on a resume can actually hurt the jobseeker.

As more and more hiring managers become aware that MSC recruits students through fake EliteMed job advertisements, solicited testimonials, unverifiable placement claims and high pressure sales tactics, MSC grads are progressively being perceived as non-savvy business people unsuitable for medical sales.

Therefore, if you have “Medical Sales College” or “MSC” on your curriculum vitae or resume, you might consider deleting it so that you’re not potentially automatically disqualified by resume screening programs.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Ever since all the AIMS settlements, MSC no longer looks good to many hiring managers.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Steve".... I saw this posting that you also included as one of your 40+ postings with your NAME on the ripoff report. I am curious, in your first of the 40 + postings, you made mention that you were not a student that Elite Med called you. That would indicate that you applied for a job correct? That would indicate that you are an NON-EXPEREINCED medical device rep. Therefore, NOW you have knowledge of what a hiring manger is looking for?

You lost 100% of your credibility once I read through the ripoff report and notice two specific things... One, you are the only one on any thread posting. Two, once you posted for the second time I quickly realized that you are a fraud. By the time you posted the 40th time, not sure what that makes you! Then you post the same posting across several threads!

Will you ever come clean about who you are?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure about his whole thing. Just saw two posting that actually requested AIMS or MSC training as desirable. Of course, I did not really look to hard to see if somehow the source of the employment ad was sponsored by them. You know, life is short and nearly every device rep I know does work from 5 am to 7 pm and then some. They may make anywhere from 100 to 200 a year. Some probably do make more but I have a feeling those are few and far in between. A good hospital or specialty pharma gig will pay about 130 and you will have more free time. I think I value my free time more than this perception that device is such a great place to be. Most really good device jobs actually look for people from the healthcare environment (RNs, PTs, techs) and those people and skills are far more valuable than some communications major with an AIMS certificate and sales experience from Best Buy. LMAO!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is so obvious that this post is from MSC. When will MSC come clean with how they arrived at their percentage claims? Most definitely never, since they up those figures.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shannon, who do you think "Steve" is? Personally, I think he makes a lot of sense about your program.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Steve", thank you for your reply! How can you make sense about something you've never attended?

The school is licensed and has their placement percentage online. Are you that stupid?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most device companies don't want people who are RN's, PT's, techs. While they may be good technically, they can't sell. LMFAO!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are totally insane. Yes, the VP from Wright Medical was "convinced", better yet, brain washed into giving a fake testimonial. I am sure he wants to put his job and reputation on the line by making false claims. Get a life loser!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i know!This guy is unbelievable.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is just a sick human being looking for attention. Just that fact that he posts every hour tells you that he has problems. Then again, it is CafePhrama which has the accuracy of an Iraqi scud missile.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't Jim Rogers work for Wright Medical? Personally, I think MSC is very shady.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you knock the credibility of Cafepharma, yet post on it daily?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, asshole, I work in the cathlab and nearly half of the device reps came from the lab or other radiology experience. Most of the clinical positions for EP are for nurses from EP. Most of the ortho jobs were PTs. Many of the surgical reps are RNs, surgical techs or have a MS. Fck you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As I said, strong clinically but you can't sell.