Ethicon purchases Surgrx

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Aug 11, 2008 at 5:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know the average salary and commission total that the HSRs at Ethicon Endo make for selling harmonic?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New HSR salary is 75k. At plan 135k. 5 or 20% (depending if you hit strategic products forcast) for each $ over forecast. Senior rep target 160k, Executive target comp 185k.

#'s are straight out of the comp plan.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whew! Valleylab pays more!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whew...what a day! 35 Surgrx reps laid off today via email. Nice move Miss HR! That's transparent...we're about growth....we're all about people. What a crock...What a mistake....Let me say that again Fred....what a crock!! Reach out to someone else!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL LOL . Just more of the same . EES , Covedien reps $185 at plan . Cmon numnuts what percentage of the sales force will make that, 1% maybe 5% . Ask your fearless leaders to show you the bell curve where reps are really at in payout . Whoever you are you working for .....
    As an Independent with energy in my bag I pay more in commission to 1 subrep then you will earn (oops contract selling) in a year . Rah rah we are the best and customers really want us there Rah rah, Tyco EES .Paperwork tell us what it is like to be a Drug rep in the device industry.
    Everyone talking about surgRX , Harmonic , Ligasure , Gyrus .... No one talking about one eliminating the other and that one will never replace the other , every device has it place . Bottom line how much cash do you bring home at the end of the year $ 185 at plan ? . Each of you deserve more if you are out working.Do you know what it means when you get paid on dollar 1 . How much do you get paid for maintaing your existing business, .0005 .Oh and reprocessing lets not forget that . Ever wonder why comp plans are always changed in the middle of the year . They own you and will limit what you will make not earn but make .
    If you are not earning at least 200-250 after taxes working for EES , TYCO . Applied Surgrx ,move on . Oh I forgot the company car with a value of lets say $20k . But then again not everyone can go to work as rep in a 645 BMW soft top.
    Bottom line SurgRX is a Great purchase for eveyone but the reps for EES ,VL, and SurgRX .

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my goodness I have a bonner over this post!! It is so true. I am new here and finally finall finally I'm hearing something I can relate to. This place sucks big time and purchasing SurgRx or a Flex Echelon or whatever doesn't make it any better! I'm worked like a slave treated worse than a dirty mangy dog and paid like crap I mean I'll be lucky to make $120K and I'm maintaining $5M+ and growing Harmonic Strat and EndoMech (but just shy of hitting endomech frcst) and I'm crucified. This place sucks. How long do people stay here? And what company or industry do you go to for that 200-250 job?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What company you ask? Gyrus, of course

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

been here 3 years and have yet to see any Gyrus in high use? What the hell are you talking about?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wasn't a bad deal for us SurgRx guys. Yes we get paid on dollar 1. I'm making well over 200K add that to my cash out of my stock from EES and I gotta say this was a pretty good purchase for the reps at SurgRx.... Unless you wanted to work for Ethicon cause then your SOL!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha. Where have you been for 3 yrs?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen them all used and see benefits in them all.... I can argue all day with what's the best but there is no argument that gyrus is the worst device!!! its only marginal success is in GYN because all the real players are fighting over the general guys because they actually know how to perform surgery... GYN has horrible surgeons that have no business cutting people... hence the reason I steer clear... to brutal for me

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does Surgrx compare with AquaMantys by Salient Surgical? They're putting a huge emphasis on expansion and expect new reps to pull in minimum of $200K first year. Bipolar radiofrequency ablation vessel sealer... focus primarily on Ortho.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they all work. Again ask yourself do you get paid on dollar 1 or by hitting forecast buckets etc etc . Ever heard of reps making 15-40% on dollar 1.
    So again yes they all work and there is enough for everyone. Do you want to get really paid or do you want to manage your forecast

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop teasing me! Dude I got wood the size of Florida. Who's paying that kinda money over here in device? I think you're full o crap.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you don't read, do you? Gyrus my boy!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GYRUS SUCKS!!!! End of story. I would shoot myself if I had to watch hysts all day and worry if today was the day the enseal/ligasure/harmonic guy comes to easily steal my business

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a slap in the face this acquisition has been for SurgRx reps... first they give us this live infomercial on J&J/ EES while in Chicago- "yay! so happy to have all of you, yay! It's a great company to work for! Yay! You're going to come in as Senior reps and perhaps executive reps and make so much money, drive a company car, get a Verizon discount, yippie! EES all the way!" Then they turn around and tell us to interview for our jobs. (slap) Then they inform us that the leveling has changed and many of us are not going to qualify for Senior Level reps, not to mention Executive (slap slap) and oh, by the way... the 45 open territories?! ha! Make that 33 since most of the territories where in no mans land where there wasn't any SurgRx rep to begin with. Bravo J&J we're feeling the love... can't wait to sell trocars and drive my sweet assed Impala. Anyone else bitter?!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you'd rather work for Liggy, Enseal, J&J and make a lot less money, fill out TPS reports, and have to answer to a Mgr everyday? Yeah Gyrus sucks.....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But wait deres more!!!!!!!!

Expect to get slapped more, a lot more, a real lot more!