Interviewing

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to get too far off topic. I am not a car person and am not connected in any manner, but it is true about Hyundai. They are having challenges keeping them stocked. Therefore, the Stallion is far more ignorant than perceived. The Stallion is suppose to know the world markets to make the big decisions. Stallion 0 / competitors 20.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe it was an analogy not a literal statement. Now go get that sample inventory ready and organize that trunk for your curbside coaching tomorrow.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My samples are accounted, shoes shined, car is spotless. Now, if I can just get a "real winner"
    such as yourself to coach me on what it takes to be successful in life, I'll be OK in life.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

rofl.

The Stallion may look good "on paper", but when the game starts, he loses.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What started out as an interesting discussion on interviewing has disintegrated into childish name calling and posturing. It would be nice to have a thread on this board try to give good advice to others without lowering itself to this level.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Volkswagen Group, who owns Bentley, reported a 19.6% increase in units of the brand sold in 1H 2011 versus the same period in 2010. So I guess Bentley isn’t doing so bad.

Just like oncology versus PC. PC reps will sell a lot more units and earn a lost less money than their oncology counterparts…the average Bentley sales person sells a lot fewer units than the Hyundai sales person, but the Bentley sales person will earn a lot more money on average than the Hyundai rep.

Again you PC hacks prove how ignorant you are. Now go collect those 8 signatures today!

7. ~T~

~T~ Member

You're so full of shit Stallion. How many guys are in the market for a new Bentley @ 180K and how often are they purchased? Not many and not often. Anyhow, say a Bentley dealer grosses max 10K on a Bentley and the rep is paid 25% of that which would be extremely high but I'll give that to you. And let's say the rep doesn't live in New York or Beverly Hills. Ok, at the most they're selling 20 Bentleys a year 'on average'. And that's even a stretch. Now let's look at our Hyundai rep. Let's say the individual rep from Bumfuck USA easily sells 200 cars a year and makes considerably less per car but on average 400 bucks a sale. Your Bentley rep is making 50K and your Hyundai rep 80K. Oh and that 19.6% increase in units you googled could translate to one or two units or Bentley cars on average per year. Statistics can say anything you want them to say.

Oncology..biotech is a viable market in pharma sales sadly. When was the last blockbuster in PC sales?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Competitors 21
    Stallion 0

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously you all must be brain dead in PC. I'm sure standing in a hallway or sample closet waiting to get a sig for samples has to be the most monotonous job in the world but clearly is has affected your gray matter. Now I understand why so few of you ever get out! The responses on this topic are amazingly stupid.

First Bentley dealerships generally sell more than just Bentley, they will sell Lamborghini, and Bugatti. Second Hyundai operates on a paper thin margin therefore the commissions made is far less, no matter how many they sell. Car salespeople are as you stated are generally commissioned at 25% of the profit of the sell but your $10,000 profit on a Bentley is way off the margin is tremendously wider on cars like Bentley , Lamborghini and Bugatti and dealers and salespeople can make big money. When you are selling cars that sell from $150K to $1.5M with much wider profit margins you don’t need to sell that many to make a lot of money.

So much for your ‘assumptions’ Here ya go:

“According to a recent national survey, the average commission for car salesmen is $250 per vehicle sold. The average selling price per vehicle is about $1,000 over the invoice cost. And the average number of cars sold is 8 to 10 vehicles per salesman per month.”

So just so we’re clear you think the average Hyundai sales person grosses more in a year than the average Bentley sales person?

Reading all of your nonsensical posts reaffirms most PC reps are no more than glorified food and sample delivery boys…

10. ~T~

~T~ Member

When you quote a source Rolodex or whomever is responding to moi..you should really credit the source. And because you say my posts are nonsensical doesn't make them so. I see I've gotten under your skin a bit no?

Regarding that quote..pretty bogus. Don't know anyone in regular car sales who makes 250 per vehicle sold...maybe that's after taxes? Or mayber your quote is 10 years old? And if a car salesperson only sold 8 to 10 cars per month, they wouldn't eat OR have a job. Most Hyundai sales people are averaging 20 cars per month..generally more than that if their store can get the cars. Yes, they're selling like hotcakes. Don't believe me? Call a dealership and confirm.

Back to Bentley's..much more time is spent in the purchase of a customized car vs a car off the rack. So your sales cycle is much longer. Adding to the fact a slimmer customer base for a super luxury car vs a Hyundai-your luxury salesperson is selling far far fewer cars. My projection of 20 cars a year was generous. The MRSP over invoice may be more than 10K say 14K or 15K but that doesn't translate to the salesperson's commission. The overhead in a Bentley store is going to be through the roof. They have to have loaner cars on hand and other perks for their well heeled clientele. Luxury sales translates to higher costs for the dealership not more commission for the salesperson.

Bentley used to only have one model they now have 4 or 5. But sharing a store or same building with Lamborghini..hardly. They would lose their franchise. However, they may take a Lamborghini or Bugatti in on a trade. But sell the other brands new..no way. Dig me up a franchise that sells the others new Google King and I'll eat crow. They're all owned by VW..that's about it.

Assumptions..umm no. So yes, currently the average Hyundai salesperson grosses more in a year than the average Bentley salesperson..fact. Prove me wrong. Oh and if I were a PC rep, I would be a sample delivery *woman* not boy.

11. #131 Walking Eagle, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

Hyundai reps average closer to $100-150 per new car and if he only sells 4 cars a week, he will be gone in 2 weeks. 10 cars a seek at $150 each for 50 weeks a year yields $75 grand plus bonuses and possibly a demo. Bonuses paid base on volume. The big bucks are in used cars. That is how the Bentley sales reps stay in business. Hard work, long hours, idiots with NO credit and lots of kids for customers most of the time. In and out of cars. Scorching heat on the lot in the summer months (asphalt on a 90+ degree day is over 140---buy good shoes) , bitter cold in the winter, rain, sleet, snow -- still gotta sell cars to pay the bills and keep the job. Lots of fun.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to USA Today, Bentley sold 1,531 cars in the USA in 2010, up 6% from the year before. Globally, they sold 5,117 (up 10%).

Their website shows only 38 dealers in the USA, so that's an average of about 40 per shop ... less than one a week. You'd better sell some used cars to make a living at those joints.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://bugatti.ogaracoach.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=60

14. ~T~

~T~ Member

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You could not be more wrong. My husband was a top sales person at Hyundai dealership where he made @ 125k a year. He then got promoted to the MB dealership owned by the same group where he almost doubled his income. He is now looking to get into the super high end dealership in the city to sell Aston-Martin where their top guys are making over $300k. The higher end car sales people make more money than the low end guys and oddly enough in tough economic time the ultra high end is less affected than the low end car market.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are the same sales people douche bag. Many times these dealerships are owned by a single dealer ownership group with a variety of locations carrying many brands. Seriously you could not be more out of your league.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said "'dig me up a...". I did that. Talk about getting under one's skin. You are unconsciously incompetent...you don't know what you dont know. Stick with the stuff you know like detail pieces, sampling, and flirting with doctors...

18. ~T~

~T~ Member

He doesn't sound like the 'average' car salesman to me which was my point. Not all luxury car salespeople make this kind of money. It's a long, tough sell and most end up getting out. They have the potential to do what your husband has done but it takes years before they make this kind of money (mostly from repeat customers). And there's far less of them because of it.

Dealerships may be owned by a single person or corporation. But what you obviously don't know Google King, is that there are multiple *franchises* within that organization. A Bentley franchise for example has standards that must be met in order to sell Bentleys. True of every brand. It's very unlikely you will find a new Bentley alongside a new Bugatti alongside a new Lamborghini on the same showroom floor or even same building which was my point. Very unlikely...and note the word 'new' ...different from the word 'used'.

And car salespeople tend to sell a line as a general rule. The Bugatti rep sells bugatti's not Bugatti, Bentley, and Lamborghini.There are multiple annual certifications a rep must pass for the line among other considerations. If reps don't pass, the organization could potentially lose the franchise. In the least, cash incentives from the manufacturer are gone. A ton of information to know in order to sell 'a' brand. Learn to read and comprehend douchebag.

Listen I'm done with you little man. I don't have time for banter that's just not fun and more like work. While you continue to suck the corporate tit in your high falutin oncology dm job, I'll add to the economy in ways you never could. Cheers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buh Bye sweetie. Have fun sampling dumping and having those high level ‘elevator conversations’ as the doc signs…

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I’m not the one you are fighting with but they are correct. I live by the Rusnak dealership in Pasadena and they have Bentley, Jaguar, Porsche, Rolls Royce, and Audi all in the same complex and the sales people cross over and sell all the brands at that complex. Our neighbor is a financing person there and I bought my Audi from them and those sales people do very well.

http://rusnakonline.com/Content/FindADealer