Interviewing

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See, fool, I'm just NOW getting back on here to read a bit. I apparently have more of a life than you guys, as I don't have time for CP all the time like you!
    So jealous. Once again, no idea what you're talking about.
    BTW, no kiddie pools or basements in my life....ever! ha :) Grow up. (My 150k was supplemental income to my spouses $275k. Not joking. So, yes, I was fine with that "average" income).
    Ummm, who IS in every single case that happens??? Impossible, don't you think?
    Did you ever get called into the TICU to help with a ventilated patient? Probably not. But I did. Part of my job. Did you teach classes to anesthesia students on a regular basis? Nope. But I did. SO, seriously, don't talk about things you have no idea about and stop being so envious! Geeez! I'm no longer in the pharma industry, as it's such a sad state of affairs.
    Moved on a while back.
    I'm sorry you are still stuck in it; maybe you'll move on sometime also; it's better in the real world. :), and we are not so juvenile out here!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow so how DID the anesthesiologists survive when you weren’t in suite holding their hand during the cases?

BTW our team taught the surgical placement of a carmustine wafer implant into an open cavity in the brain post tumor removal…which is a bit more intense than teaching someone how to push drugs and monitor vitals…And we had to be at every case!

Also I’m not stuck at all. I like small biotech’s where you can make $200K plus a year and hit a big stock option every five years or so. The only reason I still work is so my kids will see that work is part of life and even if you make a lot of money you shouldn’t spend your life on vacation.

Jealous? Why in the hell would anyone be jealous of making $150K to stand in a hot surgical suite, where for all intents and purposes, by your own admission, really don’t need to be there. Organon was a crappy company who paid terribly and again you weren’t even the cream of the crop at your own company. Your reproductive health reps made a lot more than you fools. Always follow the money junior…

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here are a couple of things for you to consider:

a. A person with "money" that is an idiot, is still an idiot.

b. Having "money" or making good "money" doesn't make you smart. Instead, you are just a person that has money or knows how to make it. An idiot is still an idiot.

c. When you die, nobody cares about your money, except your family.

d. Living for the pursuit of getting rich, is a wasted life.

e. You are very immature in your thought process, so that is why I kept things simple for you.

Good luck navigating through life, you are going to need it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, wrong again, my friend. You failed to think that maybe (we) have the ability to make money b/c we are good at our jobs, and that's it. Money being made for financial security in the future, for family, and to travel the world. There is no life pursuit of getting rich or acquiring things. Once again....assumptions. Live WAY below our means, and nobody would even know that we "have money". So you see, this "idiot" (that's funny!), really does nothing idiotic in life, except for staying at the pharma party too long. That WAS dumb.
    I know plenty of REAL idiots with money. A ton of them, and they all live in huge houses with huge mortgages, drive expensive cars, wear tons of flashy jewelry and clothes, eat at all the finest restaurants, must have their kids in private schools, and brag, brag, brag about everything they can. Nothing like us. So....to make the assumptions you make...which one of us is the immature one who will need life navigational assistance?
    Hmmmmm.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be a 20 something year old chick.

Your post has no point to it.

You just babble on and on about nothing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are funny. I already responded to someone else, so I'll be as brief as possible.
    Well, as you know, once you show someone something once or twice in the O.R, they should hopefully be able to handle it on their own next time. Just a generalization. I don't know too many docs that require a "rep" to hold their hand again and again and again, no matter what they're doing. A lot of times, if a rep is there all the time, it's b/c the company is requiring it, or there are problems with the product, NOT because the physician needs your oh so powerful intellect to guide them in using a product they have already worked with.
    Good for you for teaching your kids what a work ethic is. Kids nowadays need it, and most don't have it.
    Lastly, as I mentioned earlier, I actually liked my job and we had a very family-oriented company full of wonderful people who treated each other with respect, and had a lot of fun. Not like most pharma companies. How on earth would YOU know anything real about our company? You didn't and don't, so just pipe down. ha
    OH, and I could have chosen ANY direction of sales within the organization, and knew IVF just as well as I knew anesthesia, but found anesthesia more interesting and already had very strong relationships in place. IVF, for whatever reason, simply bored me.
    And again, at 150k (as a 2nd, and much smaller income than spouse), I was fine with that.
    I have no reason, nor want, to be a money chaser. I feel sorry for those (of you?) who are.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, I'm a 78 yr old man.
    bwaahahahaha

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good for you. it must suck having to face death any day now.

well, I guess all of us are in the same boat, but us younger folks have a better shot, day to day.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you honestly don't think that I'm a 78 yr old man.
    That's just sad.

10. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Ah, heck, buy some swizzle sticks and pop them in your breast pocket for your interview. Be sure to go over every damn page in that brag book and enjoy the total demise of this profession.

Seriously, "Interviewing?" You might as well have started a thread entitled: "Driving."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to the original OP point.
    Most pharma jobs are "posted" as a corporate CYA..seen too many positions filled , then after the fact see posting.

Maybe no job really there...I got a phone interview the day after major layoff announced with company..they finally admitted they were just contracted to make calls and NO job was available.

This is one screwy business where reality often takes a break

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another reason why I no longer apply for jobs online. If I don't have a referral, then I don't bother.

but, now the referrals are weak too, which points to the importance of having a back up plan if you are in this industry.