Massive Ethicon layoffs on Monday

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard EP Marketing got hit today, EWHU Next

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am very sorry for all those that have been let go today. You and your families are in my prayers. There is life after JNJ and hopefully it will be a better one. You will land on your feet, it is just the transitional part that is rough. Good Luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who hires people and then lets them go during training? jnj does! they did this a few years ago in the womens health pharma division. what a bunch of assholes. they knew this was going to happen but its all about acting like everything is cool and business as usual so they dont tip anybody off and disrupt the stock price. you cant tell me they woke up friday morning and said "lets have a layoff". this was in the works for months.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Around twenty let go at EWHU this morning.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does our iphones and ipads have to do with anything? What do you mean about tracking software?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both Ipads and Iphones can easily be tracked at www.me.com. Look under setting and see if your tracking is turned on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some SSR's are being axed, some reps,DM's, RM's. CSR's will replace some HSR's where they consolidate territorys. Then they can eliminate the problem of duplicate reps, CSR's are already capable of doing HSR's jobs.. Maybe if they stop paying for reps that are not working, they can pay the other reps that do work a better much deserved salary. They might be increasing the CSR salaries next year by doing these cuts, time to trim the fat! But dont hold your breathe on that, nothing is as it seems! Sorry 4 those who lost jobs today: this is how the industry works, lay offs are inevitable, you are never safe , theres no job security. Y'all will get severance packages so dont worry, be happy now.

The call just ended and we know this: These are the changes:
    less than 6% of sales team let go
    37 HSR/CSR divisions to 30 Divisions- 7 DM's
    2 Regions eliminated- 2 Regional Managers let go
    Oct 14 is last day for people laid off
    Severance packages to all
    Comp plans stay the same====== no changes to pay
    PDM stays same------------
    May be eligible for vacany pay- if you lost HSR or CSR make sure to ask your Mgr about this
    2012: TBD

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good news here folks is you now have Ethicon on your resume and you know as well as I do many companies will jump on you just for having worked here. The training you received and contacts you made are valuable to many different companies.

YOU WILL MAKE MORE AND BE HAPPIER! Hang in there everyone. Ethicon is and always will be a great place to be..........FROM!!! Fuck JNJ.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can thank Obama! He is kiling America one one company at a time. BSC, Covidein, Mentor, St J, S&N, EES and Stryker are all letting good sales people go. It is really sad. It use to be safe in sales but now regardless of what you deliver you can be a casuality.

Where should I go??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where's the credo now? It's all about the profit. Get used to it. Credo.... What a joke. The competition just got stronger today.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any D1 or up get bad news today?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stock was up today.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duhh...this isn't an Ethicon thing, it's a Steve Jobs thing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone confirm what the EP CSR severence being offered is? There have been a few different things posted.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got the email. What does that mean!?!?!?!?!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear of the layoffs. Did this come out of the blue or were there rumors layoffs were on the way? I just dont get it. They list positions and hire for them yet they do a major layoff?

Did anybody catch wind of this or did this surpise everyone? Good luck.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got what email? When?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got the email telling me to wait for a call. Does this mean I'm done?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division of Ethicon are you with

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EWHU