Massive Ethicon layoffs on Monday

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell us more about your situation. I have heard of people who were layed off or pushed out and supposedly got extra years added to their age or tenure as the result of negotiations. I have also heard of people who got nothing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Items dictated by corporate policy, i.e. weeks of severance, are the least negotiable. But there are many things that aren't described. Items that are within your manager's budget or that that hit a non-cash corporate cost center are more viable than those that need approval from multiple areas or higher up.

An attorney who has negotiated with your local people and division and in your state will have some suggestions. They have a long view and less emotion in the situation. The only goal of HR and legal is to prevent lawsuits. Don't threaten one, or they will become entrenched. Their end goal is that piece of paper acknowledging you accept their offer without any litigation, so keep that in mind and take your time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So don't sign the acknowledgemnt? Also, I have some expense reports approved by my manager where we went to strip clubs together with surgeons (my manager, the surgeons and myself). The strip club was listed as a restaurant. Can you get any play out of that one?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not necessarily true. When J&J fires someone, at least at Ethicon, they are notorious for telling the manager to schedule a meeting for a face to face with the employee where they can do a group conference call to "talk about it". This happened to 4 of the managers I know. When the manager arrives at the meeting there is a fax waiting for them (airport and hotel lobby lounge). The manager is contacted by HR and told to read the script, as is, no deviation or action will be taken against them. Security also surprises them at the location and stands over the procedure. All of the managers I know were pissed and very upset that even they were so blindsided by the process.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what's the rumor regarding Blue Ash Vs Jersey? The training institute is in Cinci. Does that spell keep clinical, engineering....perhaps some marketing near their engineers in Cinci. Then admin, finance etc heads east? Just wondering.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chuck Austin just moved to Cincinnati last year and he will be running the new organization. So, I would definitely say Cincy over New Jersey for sure. The big layoffs in June/July will be here sooner than later! Which means you have to start your interviewing process NOW because it takes on average 4 months to land a decent job these days!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lay off came early. Who got cut?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard all the EES Bariatric reps got laid off yesterday. The changes are happening
    F-A-S-T !!! Start updating your resume ASAP!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, you heard wrong.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You definitely heard wrong!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was the Bariatric practice reps that got aid off yesterday. I should know because I am one. Or I was one....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drama queen below. None of that is true.