Rare renal

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Dec 11, 2022 at 7:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They want me to take a paycut. Recruiter asked meat the beginning what it would take financially to take the job and they ignored that and offered me 15K less than my current salary...Why would I take a pay cut for a non-approved drug. The manager went on and on about bonus potential but that is not even as high as what my current company offers. No sign on bonus either they just want me to walk away from my stock. My offer was in the 170's which is already low for rare disease. I have renal and rare disease experience...Bait and switch

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Holy crap they had the balls to offer you less money? And think you would take it? Wow. Just wow Novartis. I am sorry it was a waste of time for you. Are they willing to negotiate?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had that same situation happen at another company and what it ended meaning was there was a major KOL in the territory that they had not accounted for. It’s called leverage.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you dodged a bullet! They overprojected the market potential by a lot.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same thing happened to me. I wouldnt waste my time on this position unless I was unemployed. It would be stupid to jump with for an unapproved drug.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s think about this for a few moments. Novartis has recently downsized, and now they are hiring people for this rare disease opportunity. They have typically been a churn and burn company that has a bad culture. The opportunity to launch a “rare disease“ product will be run like primary care. Take a look at the leadership team in place. Just ask any of the reps who were let go over the past several years. If you are unemployed, I would recommend this,

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Culture here is the worst I’ve ever seen. They absolutely don’t value their employees. Merit raises are now non existent and emphasis is solely on antiquated metrics of reach and frequency. Take a look at the recent drug launches here.. all a disaster. They want to be a top five pharma company but they have nothing in pipeline and run their business like it’s 1998 still. They don’t pay for quality and zero opportunity for advancement.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How rare can renal really be? It’s a kidney. Everybody got one or 2.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These 2 indications are super rare. Most doctors may never see a patient in their career. But the main question is why ask people to take a payout when all throughout the process they said we will pay more and high reward if you come over.They are using the bonus structure as a lure but without a drug there is no bonus. Bonus and salary are two different things. When they ask what is your current salary they did not ask what is your current bonus they just asked what is your base salary.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total Bullshit by asking you to take a paycut! The ABL I spoke with didn't even know how the MOBs would be paid out until approval AND didn't even know the criteria for the MBOs. I still think it's odd to be paid out per trimester vs. per quarter. They have the data. It's not like they are purchasing the data from some vague company or local pharmacy. The data comes straight from the two distributors. WTH?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bonus structure is $57k....that is NOT rare disease money. I hope the two competitors kicks their butt.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The recruiter had advised me that the company would be hesitant to bring people in at the executive level which barely hits "rare disease" money. I missed the obvious hint that the company keeps reposting various positions. It must be because the pay is SO low.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I asked the ABL about the "backup plan" if the indication wasn't approved, they had NO ANSWER. I don't think they have a plan for the new hires if it isn't approved.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They should target the unemployed applicants. Nothing to lose. The company won't pay a sign-on bonus, the applicant needs a job and will take a lower pay range and be happy with any type of MBO bonus. If the drug isn't approved, the unemployed person will have spin for their next gig - drug didn't get approved.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so you agree it is not rare

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First of all, the culture is not bad in all divisions and raises are not non-existent. There are a lot of bitter CV people on here (and rightfully so), but other divisions are quite happy. To whom ever said that some nephrologists might go their entire career without seeing an IgAN patient, which is the most common glomerular disease (not ultra rare), you’re a moron. That’s not true.
    To those who get lowballed, if you read the posts in here, it’s been stated numerous times that only a small percentage would be brought in at executive level, and the ABL have to really want you as a top candidate to push for a high base. Base was never gonna be even at $200k. You’d be a rarity to get $190s after negotiating. Plus, the recruiters made it pretty damn clear what the vast majority would be brought in at - senior level - highest in the $170s. If you had said that you absolutely would not come over for any amount below a certain number that they knew was not attainable, they probably would have not moved you forward. That happened to multiple people - and they were told that was the reason for not moving forward.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another vote that it is renal not rare renal

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, Igan is a rare disease per the fda definition, but the pay here is not rare pay. That’s been very clear from day 1 based on the number of territories and pay range given by the recruiters. It will be interesting to see how many positions get reposted in a couple of weeks due to declined offers.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the pay that is being offered is for rare disease roles, then it’s “rare pay,” dummy.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I declined!! The job is a joke.