Rare renal

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Dec 11, 2022 at 7:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so did the fact that it was not rare impact your decision

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I currently sell in rare disease to nephew for the past 12 years and I have been asking about the indications. They all state it is very rare... it is really dependent where you are and the patients you treat. My recruiter told me he could get me 200 no problem since I have both criteria and I am already over 190. Then I got my offer and it was below my current salary. And now I'm ready they pay out on trimester...no one told me that including the guy who would be my boss. They just said 57K at target. So what is the MBO pay for the year we will be "educating and profiling"? Why would they waste my time when they know I don't need to leave my job and I make more than what they offer?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks. 1 for rare. Most say not rare.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Asked a friend with Takeda. She said definitely is not rare. Add that to your votes.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call BS if your claim is a P One recruiter made you that promise. They had strict guidelines. If it was some random third party recruiter, then the Manager would not have any clue what was promised to you. Who cares if the bonus is on a trimester? Are you really living check to check? What in the hell did you think bonus would be based off of other than MBOs or just a plain guarantee until launch? Get a clue.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

she actually sells in the orphan market. She would know because there are a lot fewer people in her market than iga. She is not an idiot. She is a top performer in a space that is more rare. Get a life.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Offers are lower than expected. They want people to be able to grow in their position. It’s fine if it’s a step up from where you are, but they aren’t offering rare disease. They want to bring people in between 170-185 at the senior level, so that’s 5+ years in rare disease.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty good considering it’s not that rare. Probably a good start.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. I knew it wasn't rare. I'm already in the renal world. It was the salary, lack of consistency with the recruiter and management with the incentives and the not approved drug that did it for me. I felt like it was a smoke and mirrors show throughout the entire process.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t want to get involved, but this is another vote for non rare

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet we've been together for a million years,
    And I bet we'll be together for a million more.

Oh, It's like I started breathing on the night we kissed,
    And I can't remember what I ever did before.

What would we do baby, without us?

And there ain't no nothing we can't love each other through

Sha la la la

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/familytieslyrics.html

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To all the currently employed external candidates who are considering these roles, please understand the following:
    The new bonus structure is designed to award “top performers”. It will penalize people who aren’t at goal even though they may be close to goal and working their asses off
    The current culture is abominable. They have managed to destroy culture in almost every division with extreme micromanagement of field activity and metrics. Reps are now being monitored for daily call and synchronization of their veeva system daily. I am part of a division where this never existed - it was always an emphasis on quality calls not quantity. This has changed
    They are going to put a metric on your daily physician interaction once drug is approved. Maybe this is a low number but I have heard between 3 and 4 per day. With small territories and an ever changing environment this may be difficult to achieve. The company has even started to put these metrics into the oncology division which is insane
    The trimester bonus? Horrible! Many times I have not made good bonus because of the fourth month. There are multiple reasons for this but it’s too much to get into. Would welcome other thoughts on trimester bonus
    Company wants to start you low so you can “grow” in the role? It’s next to impossible
    To get step level promotions with the new criteria of performance. There are multiple metrics in place that are hard to achieve and managers have no say who gets a step level progression. It is all HR auto generated. Due to Novartis return to work and most home office roles mandated to be in the East Hanover campus it’s hard to progress past the field level. Even management development candidates who are ready to be promoted are often overlooked for external candidates with experience

I would think long and hard before coming to work here because of the current culture that went to shit when the new senior executive over sales joined the company last year

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. Toxic culture that is stuck in the 1990s. No opportunity for advancement.. they make it impossible to have career development here. Raises and ic are tough to achieve

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GOOD FOR YOU! They wasted a lot of time for many people.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which ABL?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They were hoping that you hated your current manager/job and would jump at this Shit Show.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hundreds of IgA Nephropathy Patients Share Experience with FDA, Professionals, Drug-makers

IgAN is considered a rare disease, but it is estimated that about 60,000 in the U.S. have the illness. There ae no FDA-approved treatments for IgAN. It is treated supportively with corticosteroids (often called “steroids”), immunosuppressive drugs, blood pressure medications called ACE inhibitors and ARBs, salt restriction if the body retains extra fluid, and fish oil supplements. However, there are currently more than two dozen ongoing clinical trials for potential drugs to treat IgAN.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's scary that you didn't do ANY research before applying. IGAN is Rare according these third-party, unbiased associations:

IgA Nephropathy - Symptoms, Causes, Treatment | NORD

IgA nephropathy is a kidney disease in which IgA, a protein meant to defend the body against foreign invaders, accumulates in the kidneys and damages them. This impairs their filtering function. As a result, the kidneys begin to let substances such as blood and protein leak into the urine.

This condition most often occurs in Caucasian and Asian males. It usually appears when people are in their teens to late 30s but can occur at any age. Many cases resolve over time.
    However, in a subset of patients, the disease may not resolve and thus can lead to end-stage renal disease (ESRD) after 20-25 years. Rarely the condition can progress much more rapidly leading to renal failure within a few years, if not treated.

People who have this condition most often present with one or recurrent episodes of having blood in their urine (visible hematuria). These episodes usually occur during or right after an upper respiratory tract infection such as a cold, sore throat or a gastrointestinal infection

Hundreds of IgA Nephropathy Patients Share Experience with FDA, Professionals, Drug-makers

IgAN is considered a rare disease, but it is estimated that about 60,000 in the U.S. have the illness. There ae no FDA-approved treatments for IgAN. It is treated supportively with corticosteroids (often called “steroids”), immunosuppressive drugs, blood pressure medications called ACE inhibitors and ARBs, salt restriction if the body retains extra fluid, and fish oil supplements. However, there are currently more than two dozen ongoing clinical trials for potential drugs to treat IgAN.

With three current competitors out there, how many RARE patients are you going to have to fight for?
    How many will have formulary step-edits for treatment?
    How many will be denied because of formulary issues?
    How much paperwork will your offices have to do to get a patient treated?

WILL PATIENTS BE OKAY WITH TAKING 3 VACCATIONS PRIOR TO TREATMENT (read the phase 2 clinical study)
    • Vaccination against Neisseria meningitidis and Streptococcus pneumoniae infection is required prior to the start of study treatment. If the patient has not been previously vaccinated, or if a booster is required, vaccine should be given according to local regulations at least 2 weeks prior to first study drug administration. If study treatment has to start earlier than 2 weeks post vaccination, prophylactic antibiotic treatment should be initiated.
    Study of Efficacy and Safety of LNP023 in Primary IgA Nephropathy Patients - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked there and the trimester bonus is not a big deal. I don’t even know why it would matter, The fourth month killed you? Ok, well, if you put that month in another pay period, you would suck then. The longer the time period, the easier it is to avoid the ebbs and flows, which are pretty significant in rare disease. Novartis has always been overly generous to those that don’t make goal. In real rare disease, if you don’t make it, you don’t make shit. It’s true pay per performance. I would rather work for a pay for performance organization (higher highs and lower lows)…IF the company is good at goal setting and pays for data, which, unfortunately, Novartis was always completely awful at doing. As far as metrics go, QUIT WHINING. Who cares?! Just enter calls in like everyone else at every other company does! We ALL fake calls! It’s just not that damn hard. You people don’t even have to do speaker programs for the love of God and have pretty damn small territories. Work your ass off? In oncology? Puh-lease.