Reality please

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a lot of truth in this... It amazes me how obsessed endo reps are with being in cases. I'm in 3 actual cases per week maximum and it is strategic which cases I attend.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

go independent and sell multiple lines . those guys make big dollars . of course it depends on how many lines and which specialties . Here in the midwest the rep groups have multiple subreps and always a reason to be in the or

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bump

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is only so many times you need to be in an OR and tell a surgical tech how to load an endocutter or advise a surgeon on how to insert a trocar.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can the Covidien rep in my territory be in the OR for every big stapling case for the big volume drs?

Honest question! She has been doing it for yeeeeaaars!!! I could never do that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She does it because they're her bread and butter. While she's getting a few of her top guys to make her number, it forces you out to the smaller, community style accounts to pick up the scraps she doesn't want anyway.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I understand the reasoning but it is so pathetic. I could do the same with my drs but I don't cause there is no need to. I just don't understand the upside. What is the point to waste an enormous amount of time do nothing but watching and offering no value. I am not being a smart ass. I've done this for 3.5 years now and still wonder why she would do this.

I check in my my docs every few months cause I have a shit ton of customers. I sell the bag and do so clinically and I have never lost business

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact that you don't spend time with your key docs is why you will lose them. While you are out running around your competition is getting close to those big docs of yours and soon enough they will be gone.

Yeah it's a waste of time and boring but these guys want to feel like they are being taken care of so you have to give the obligatory verbal blow job while they close someone up. It's all about relationships and if they see you in every case they will feel like you care and throw you more cases or refer you to a partner.

Frankly I'm not sure any suture rep should be in the OR. All docs know how to suture and having one more person in the OR raises the the risk to the patient.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can get as "close" as you want to your docs but you would be smarter to get close to the supply chain contract negotiators.....oh wait, you're just a sales rep now.....better you just take your bag of crap and be ready for the phone calls asking about the crap. In other words, don't call us...we'll call you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never lost a doc and I never spend much time with them

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you GPO contract that forces the Surgeon to use your company. Not hard when contracts department determines all the selling for the company.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the other reality. You are working for Johnson and Johnson who don't care for their employees no matter what sector or company they work for. You and your company can be let go in a second..you can not afford to leave yourself that vulnerabler to this unstable company. It must be a part time job regarless of what you are selling for this company. You need to spend the other half of your time doing something or working for someone more stable.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am finding the above very true. God help you if you aren't from the cookie cutter mold. You will not be tolerated. Oh and by the way, we're going to set up your pay so you are always on the loosing end and no matter how hard you work, you're still going to be within $5,000 of what you would have made working half as hard. So get a part time job, milk the benefits as long as you can and have some fun!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are more people not outraged that we don't get our forecast for the year until February?

It make me furious!! Have we all become that spineless?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feb ? nah that is a little early .THE BELL CURVE BABY > The mother ship dictates how much they will pay you ... It snot what you earn.. Then you will get a readjustment based on sales

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big brother controls it all. Bury your head in the sand and do what they tell you. Trust me you will be much happier.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do y'all have forecast yet? I heard the Ethicon rep complaining last week in the hallway

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump

Good stuff in this thread. Wish more experienced reps would add their 2 cents

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, 16 years device experience here. Get out now! Obamacare will kill device. You've all seen the new restrictions to get into cases, right? We thought vendormate was a way to keep start-up folks out. Just wait. Hospitals are this close to banning reps from OR. Reality is, most don't need to be in cases regardless of what they tell you in training. Sure, every now and then yes but putting daily activity on cases is just plain silly.

Here's what will happen moving forward folks, surg techs will be recruited according to territory, they will be familiar with corresponding ORs. They will be paid much less than we are and will be used the proper way of educating surgical procedures.

Companies will save millions, won't have to worry about non-compliance issues, and can put more into justified R&D. Look, the days of upgrading a trocar and the doctor pushing for it are done. It's all gonna be reimbursed the same moving forward. Surgical reps will not be needed as companies will negotiate on the backend according to insurance approval.

Get out now, you've seen the changes coming...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you guys still stand in cases? What value does one bring in the OR as a rep with this ESC product line?