Reality please

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, because a tech will be allowed in the OR, unlike reps. Selling will be done at the corporate level. Techs will not be selling. They will be servicing the contracted products. Have you talked to anyone in your hospitals at the C-Suite level? This change will happen within two years. Remember when Pruden said hospitals and surgeons no longer want bells and whistles, just something usable? It's all part of the master plan.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the excellent training, the Ethicon name on your resume and leave. I did back in 2005. Interesting to go back and read these boards to see what has changed. If I felt things were being a commodity in 2005 I cannot imagine how much more these days. Can't believe it has been that long. I'm still selling in the OR and now on my second gig. There are device sales out there where the doctor NEEDS you in the OR and you are welcomed. Also where you don't have to be the mayor for the company to all the OR nurses. You go in, do your case, drop off a Bill Only Invoice and leave. 1/10th the stupid paperwork. No BS Safe Fleet. (I was there when they had us put on back up beepers on our cars that 80% of reps disabled). Manage a fraction of the relationships (call on one specialty and way fewer docs overall).

I had to knock it out of the park every year to break $150K at EES. Had a top 3 finish and still only made $180K. I don't have to make that much every year, but at EES you had to be top 10% to make some coin. Mid pack as I remember you would be $120-$130k and God forbid you had a rough year, lost a contract, etc... you would maybe break $100K.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's amazing how different EES was from Ethicon. Even average reps at Ethicon made $200k+ and a good year was $300k easy. Yet the EES reps always thought they were the major league. Oh well times have changed for both

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post I have seen in a long time. I have 5 years at Ethicon. Looking to leave

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If i had known what I know now I would have tried harder to make the move to ethicon vs staying at EES for all those years. Times have changed and so has the pay.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recently displaced GYN/JOKE rep 8.5 years with company and started with EP. All I can say is come on over people where the Kool Aid is clean, Kip Dewitt is no longer babbling BS, and perception is not key word in every meeting.

Great money, Joke job latter 3 years

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best part about speciality sales is that you can see how much money you made off any single case at the end of the case. You know and can accurately and quickly quantify the result of up-selling a product intra-operatively. At Ethicon, i feel as though we are just throwing stones in a lake and can't see the result or compensation.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Story: Nobody within the medical field comes TO Ethicon. Sales people outside of the medical field and young kids use it as a trampoline to get to the big leagues. If you work for Ethicon, you are either <5 years removed from college, or you are a contented, unmotivated, lousy salesperson. Story over.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Ethiconnn in Baltimore get the Hopkins contract? Heard they did but just waiting to be signed??? Any Intel?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

which mirrors the culture of jj leadership. Complacent and going through the motions. Empty suits throughout.