Thoughts about JK

Discussion in 'RS Medical' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2014 at 7:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems to be alot of differing opinion of our leader on this board - what's your description?Hero or zero?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a joke? Look at the numbers since John Konsin came on board. Look at his history. Look at the people he put in place. Giving Konsin a zero would indicate something close to a positive. It has all been negative since he (and his wife who is going to lead us to greatness) came on board. It is astounding that he is still working here or anywhere else in the medical field.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a serious question? He's more interested in meeting his payout milestones than anything else. His track record is nothing but failures. RS used to have hundreds of employees, 300+ reps and 3 full buildings. It's a shadow of what it once was. For all his jabbering...it's been nothing but retreat. He isn't growing business as much as he's shrinking the company. All the best people left. So what's left? He brings in products that are, for the most part, me-too's. Where are the knee braces? How about other joints? These all have accepted codes and pay well. But he still hangs his hat on this Townsend dinosaur. RS has missed the boat and it sailed away. The multiple fraud investigations speaks volumes. Desperation.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think he's done a hell of a job...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.......in driving away the most productive reps.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He has a reputaion in the industry as a strategist and "rain maker" - not sure if he has delivered at RS.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every time JK opens his mouth another lie comes out. Not a thing he says can be counted on as true. I avoid him at all costs. Can't wait leave this company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am surprised he hasn't been fired as he was at Smith and Nephew. JK does not have the tools or the brain to be successful at this level.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JK is going down and taking RS with him. I feel sorry for all who are left, you will be on unemployment soon. JK's resume is all over the North East. JK is bailing out on RS and leaving rubble in his path. It won't be long now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a head hunter call me about JK. He is trying to bail on RS and move back East. I don't think this head hunter will be helping him thought everyone told her the same thing. Stay away from John Konsin!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe Barb Konsin will be the bread winner, HA HA HA! The best thing about John Konsin going down is that we don't have to deal with that white trash wife of his pretending to be intelligent and well spoken. What a joke!

12. Gotoutalive

Gotoutalive Guest

It is incredulous how Mr Konsin remains in any capacity at RS Medical. I guess though, now relegated to being the day late and a dollar short pain cream guy, he can effect less harm. The management at home office had their heads up their asses for a year and a half with the Genpact debacle. They continued to blame the field at every turn. Not until Genpact fired them did they decide to acknowledge the clusterfuck they created. And tell me this: the company has to keep pt info for 7 years....when they can not even access the Genpact paperwork on all those orders, how the hell can they be compliant on that???
    The two things u don't do to employees: mess with their money and family, they did both regularly!!
    The class action suit from the Dept of Labor violations in how they screwed employees on commissions should be fun to sit back and watch!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is our old friend? "JK-will lead us to the top" "in JK we trust" "-Best company in the North-west".
    I really hope both Konsin's get what they deserve. Unfortunately history has shown the liars cheats and underachievers continue down the same path. You know what they say.

Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be careful what you ask for - JK is now being courted by some of the top companies in the USA - he is primed for the CEO role in one of these entities. RS will be left in shambles without JK - his leadership is the only thing that has gotten us through these hard times. When we leave this place you will alll see the truth...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

his leadership is the only thing that has gotten us through these hard times. When we leave this place you will all (sic) see the truth... "

Well, seems as if the identity of the post is clearly self evident. Word of advice to Barb (aka "we" above)... use spell check prior to posting.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JK is the real deal but got stuck with a ship that couldn't be righted without huges doses of funding which were not to be found. It's easy to blame the one in charge and even so, JK has not backed down from owning that responsibility. That's character.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pride, charisma, savvy, intelligence, guts - these words describe our leader - JK. We are the tops in the industry because of JK and only because of JK!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, this is just confusing. On one hand you're saying JK "got stuck with a ship that couldn't be righted without huges (sic) doses of funding which were not to be found. On the other hand you're saying We are the tops in the industry .. for the love of God, which is it?

There were some pretty large sums that were made available to enable the outsourcing of Billing to Genpact, not to mention CRM for the sales organization, hardware to support that deployment, etc. Aside from the fact that RSM's processes were exacerbated by a system of exceptions vs. any type of standardization, the long history of any type of either reasonable strategic or tactical planning (which was enabled by JK) led to the many failures. JK was good at setting goals, but never effective at doing the level of planning that would make any of those goals achievable ... with sufficient resources (people, process and technology)!!

Just jump off that ship and give those folks some closure so they can move forward to close those doors and/or start over.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is this pro JK whack a doo who believes the tripe they produce on this board is believable?

Do you remember the movie The Firm? Yeah, this is about that level of absurdity.

Posting pro JK spin only heightens the level of "ridiculosity" and fairy tale existence that upper management lives in.

It also demonstrates the total lack of accountability and owness to THEIR decisions which took this company from "good to shit".

Hubris has and will always be John Konsin's downfall.

Rome is burning Mr Konsin. No amount of bullshit and hot air on your part will change that. Walk away.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it - the writing has been on the wall for DME since 2008 and nobody has found a good answer. Just look at RSM's competitors. People are naive if they think that rescuing a ~$100M business in such a climate has high odds of success.

John recognized that a dramatic change in direction was necessary and came up with the best plan he could. In fact, RSM made adjustments (e.g. TENS non-coverage), that clearly caught the rest of the industry flat-footed.

A leader MUST demonstrate confidence in spite of all evidence to the contrary. How well could any of us have done?

While John was admittedly asking a lot of the organization, we clearly suffered from poor execution. ALL of us (including me) should look in the mirror before we blame everything on him.

There is no question that JK has made mistakes, but anyone who thinks the answers were easy or obvious is fooling themselves.