Worst Managers?

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jul 22, 2017 at 1:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who are the worst managers here?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SE Oncology, manager seems like a good person but stabs people in the back behind closed doors. Do they not understand, people would do more if they were on our side. We fight managers not the competition.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree but, its the NorthEast. We are treated like we have no clue how to sell. I've been here 5 years and this is not a lot of fun. I wish they would stand up for us and, with us but, its an us against them mentality.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HER2 franchise, Seattle.
    Division Manager S.W. has gone thru four reps in four years. Something is, wrong - very, very wrong.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like the DM is one of the few managers doing their job in this lazy ass culture

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure where you're at but it's unfortunate for patients if you feel surrounded by lazy people. Not the case where I am. There are bad managers in every company, just like bad employees need to be extracted, bad managers need to be as well. Losing that number of employees in a short period of time should be a huge red flag to HR.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...sounds like there are some roaches that need to be exTERMINATED.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Senior managers like NJ & JS need to pay attention to disturbing patterns such as this. HER2 is particularly vulnerable to this type of issue given the very different managing styles carried over from Roche to the blended HER2 family. Sounds like Seattle manager is off the rails. No way 4 people in 4 years should be leaving the company. The cost to the company is way too high and should not be tolerated. Costs way less to replace a single manager than 4 reps!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it doesn't cost more to replace reps if they are lazy-assed and privileged reps like most Genentech reps are, sounds like one this DM is one of the few in sales actually doing their job

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good reps will leave rather than put up with a bad manager.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bad managers are extremely bad for business. One can only hope the company pays attention and takes any future reorganization opportunities to ensure that managers this bad are removed.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad to see it is consistent across the board. Horrible RSDs in Lytics too. They are just talking heads for senior management and have no integrity. Infidelity = promotions. It is sick. Hope to get out of this place soon.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

easy to throw comments around without any proof

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dear HR,

Please use this opportunity to reorganize Genentech and get rid of the worst performing managers. You know who they are - high turnover of their team (due to THEIR ineptness), consistent poor sales performance, maybe you've even had complaints.

Don't continue to reward bad performers with years, maybe decades, of bad behavior and mediocre sales with continued employment.

You have an obligation to do the right thing, or you too are part of the problem, not the solution.

Sincerely,

GNE employee

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just heard a Avastin mgr (CS) was kicked out of and account, lol, lean in. Wonder if his manager knows?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

disgusting comment, and how unprofessional to post something like this publicly

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be talking about the Philadelphia region managers that are garbage...Remember dog and pony shows with Sr. Leadership disc. ways to break into Penn....What a joke!!!! RPMs taking copius notes; brown nosers!!!! Clean the house already!!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He is an unprofessional manager. If the shoe were on the other foot, I bet he would write someone up to cover himself. I think I know who you are talking about and, this is not the fist time this has happen.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Red head oncology DM in S California. Slept her way up the ranks and now everyone is afraid to touch her. Stabbed so many people on the back. Hope this reorganization takes care of her.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow you clearly don't know this person. Way to incorrectly stereotype and get it completely wrong. This person is my friend and you spend too much time listening to or creating lies. I love me some good cafe pharma but you are wrong on this one.