I have double dipped for almost a year

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Feb 22, 2021 at 3:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And you don't feel like you are cheating everyday by delivering a lunch, faking calls or talking to a nurse on the phone?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well no because I’m not double dipping. I am simply saying that it’s possible for a person to do it. I would imagine the longer they do it the higher the risk of getting busted somehow. And although i would agree with Yeh that it’s wrong to double dip IF it’s against the company’s policy. I would imagine Pharma companies have something in their wording that says you can’t work for two Pharma companies at once, but I may be wrong and maybe they don’t.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most people just have an unofficial side hustle like labs or something.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s no limit on the number of W-2’s. I’ve double dipped gotten bonuses etc working more than one job, I have multiple side business income, etc. My tax docs are 2 feet high. It may be an inside violation of company policy but it is not illegal to work for multiple companies at the same time. How dumb are you people?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pre-Covid I worked in a cubicle around 60 hours a week and watched all the higher ups take the lions share of the equity awards. I will not return to the office, although I will continue to make fun of reps.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should maybe talk to an attorney. I have worked two jobs for years- and had two W2s for over 10 years. It's not illegal. If you used common sense, think about someone who has 2 part time jobs- that right there is two W2s. As long as you pay taxes the IRS doesn't care.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the OP is telling the truth (I find it hard to believe they are pulling in an average of 187k at each company, but it's possible) the real issue is, yes, it's unethical, but it is on also on Amgen to background check after the employee's start date to ensure they actually quit their previous job.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen doesn't and if you on cv the managers aren't in the field with you so pretty easy to get away with. It's wink wink systems and OP could do it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally think it’s doable the only thing that concerns me is the recruiter at potential 2nd employer reaching out to a recruiter/HR at current employer…during interview process or after offer is made.
    Thoughts?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They need your permission to contact any current or prior employers. Now, they can do it unofficially through reps or managers but they cannot call HR without your permission

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. I'm on CV and as long as you aren't selling a competitor it is NOT a conflict of interest and not illegal or against amgen's policy. I won't say what company or drug obviously but it is NOT illegal to have 2 W2's.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not illegal but just slightly unethical!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unethical is Amgen's middle name.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s ridiculous.

It’s Percy.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I sell houses on the side and have for 7 years. Really not that difficult.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If a CEO or others in the CEO executive at Amgen can get pay for serving as board member in other companies, why can we double dip. To me is fully ethical, specially when you compare to what our ESVP are doing

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Leave it to Amgen to have ethical quality reps LoL So go tell HR you double dip! What a joke!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good for you, lucky dog!