SBM opening

anonymous

I am interviewing for a Strategic Business Manager (SBM) opening at Galderma. I am told it is a very coveted position within the company and a promotion above a regular rep. I asked why they don't promote someone from within the organization for the role if its a promotion and I was told nobody was qualified for the job. It seemed odd since I don't have any experience in the industry and there are many other seasoned reps in the territory that would be logical candidates. Can anyone shed some light on this role?

Normally I call out idiots that post nonsense as alarmists. Experiencing Galderma every day, if you aren't looking for a job now you are an idiot. Please read the CP posts and reconsider. How can a company with NO PIPELINE be successful??? Face it there is no new product in development. The company is a Pharma WANNA BE. This company has no future.

Don't take an sbm job here. From what I understand they can't add any new accounts and deal with all the larger accounts with less growth potential. Most account managers make more in bonus than an sbm and nobody wants those jobs which is why they have a tough time filling the sbm roles with internal hires. A regular account manager job is the way to go. Much easier to make $$ as a regular rep.