Cardiology

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Apr 4, 2023 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I sit in car eating outside closed offices-fake calls -nibble on little deb cakes and smoke camel lights and I'm still here! What a joke!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I sit alone in my four-cornered room, staring at candles

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aw man homie, my minds playing tricks on me…

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still here, 3 years later - never leave the car in parking lot... what a joke- sampling the meatball sandwich, and a cookie. Thanks CV team!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Future former PCP rep here. Beginning to realize I’ve inherited some massive cardiology practices with zero access policies and former CV rep is claiming to have personal access. I’m not an idiot, but I’m also not exactly sure how to play it with a new manager who wants to do frequent field rides.
    All this time, I’ve been actually working.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have access to many offices that are technically no access. It’s called building relationships and leveraging them. Even a PCP rep should grasp that.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not that I don’t “grasp” that Chief, just that I don’t believe it. I’m overqualified to be a PCP rep, and while I agree you can build a few relationships here and there….but nobody is actually seeing all 15-20 providers in a closed system every 2 weeks. I don’t want to “out” the former rep, but I also don’t want to put my job in the line by stretching the truth too far. Hope that explains it for you.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make sure you hit your calls per day quota.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Leave your counterpart out of it. If your manager cares, they'll do something about it (if they are really engaged they already know what's going on).
    Put in as many calls as you need and call it a day. This isn't hard. If you're overqualified you should have sorted this out by now.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems like most of the pcp reps think they are overqualified? I’m sure you are overqualified and very smart, but you are already showing your inexperience. You have no idea what your future partner has done in the “closed” offices. You haven’t seen a veeva call log so you are pretty quick to call bs the access. Maybe appreciate your free promotion & work on your own access & relationships?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have just as much experience as the CV reps, also in the very offices I’m talking about. When you aren’t allowed to walk in the door, it’s pretty hard to build relationships. Now, is it possible former rep is neighbors or plays golf at the same green as a couple of these providers? Sure. But I also know the same rep who claimed to have these relationships is backpedaling hard now that they know I will be going into those offices. Does the former rep have great relationships in other offices? Sure. Of course I will have to work to build some new relationships, Captain Obvious. Does it escape me that CV reps aren’t happy with the realignment and PCP reps are? Of course not. That being said, your condescension is a perfect example of why we needed this realignment. Maybe we can start acting like OneCV instead of Us and Them CV. My only concern is reporting my calls honestly without negatively impacting the rep who is losing this geography in this realignment.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no one will pick up a change in calls if you don’t call them out. Novartis isn’t that smart.

FYI - we didn’t need a realignment to become one CV. In the 5 years of Entresto before Duane we built a billion dollar product. Culture was great with a fairly low amount of turnover. Duane came decided to recreate the wheel and it’s been chaos ever since. CSS reps are undeniably angry & it’s not about anyone being better than anyone else. It’s about the complete disregard for the work that’s done and foundation within cardiology built by the reps. No one thought expanding the pcp team was a good idea. & the pcp team isn’t getting cardiology accounts because they’re qualified or working harder. The volume in pcp just isn’t there despite decent reps. Anyone who argues that point is completely delusional.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may have not been here when the micromanagement of call metrics became out of control. A lot of people were told to “just make it work” thank you sandeep.

curious though - why did you take job in primary care if you are overqualified? No judgement

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a complete and comprehensively accurate statement. The problem is that Novartis has never given up on their primary care mentality. Entresto is, was, and never will be a primary care drug. But Novartis in its infinite stupidity does not listen ever. And because of this many good CV reps were displaced who had fantastic relationships, and who actually gave a shit about what they were doing. This realignment disaster is simply just a microcosm of just how out of touch everyone in management is in this division. It’s disgraceful.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dumbass

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Short break from industry necessitated taking what was available.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree w/ everything but the realignment opinion. It's aligned for Leqvio, the wonder cholesterol drug that NEVER will be. When Entresto goes generic (this yr or next year), the Entresto fills will be pushed out. The Leqvio reps will be standing, or the few who choose to remain behind.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2020 realignment was for leqvio too. Hard to believe the market has shifted so drastically in 2.5 years.

Just looked at my new pcp targets and surprise, surprise: there are several cardiologists and card mid levels. I know this is common here’s my question - how much of the corruption and bull crap are we supposed to be ok with?
    My old pcp reps are great people and we’ve worked well together in the past -I know they were making bonuses way higher than mine in the past 2 years and now I know why.
    I’d never name my partners names but in all seriousness is it time for whistler blower to file a complaint about these corrupt practices? You can’t tell me there aren’t signs and red flags in many territories.
    I may not be the best rep out there but I’ve won 2 presidents club trips and have always had respectable numbers until the last 2 years. I wish I had been cut in this round. my abl called yesterday, said please don’t quit and then asked
    for me to “mentor” the new people taking my accounts while also accepting my ridiculous new territory. Sorry, what? I realize this may identify me but idgaf anymore.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PCP rep here, with great empathy for the way Novartis has treated you. Yes, the fact that legacy CV reps have been displaced while most of us were retained does not speak well of Novartis having any value for us. I wish I had been cut this round too. This place is miserable.
    As far as new targets, I have very few PCP providers, almost all are cardiologists and new to me at this company.
    Geography is much smaller than my formerly enormous territory. I’m aware that CV reps formerly had very tiny territories and this will be an adjustment for them, but it is more consistent with what other companies do.
    PCP making more bonus than you? I don’t see how. Target bonus in PCP has been $27,000 and literally no one is making that thanks to absurd Leqvio goals. Target bonus in CV is $40,000, right? Also, our pay range is significantly lower than yours. Hoping the consolation prize for not getting the severance package is a raise to specialty range. It will make it that much easier to negotiate salary at the next job.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best of luck with the raise on base salary. Novartis like many other companies is terrible at giving raises for people that are low in the range even when you perform well. I won 2 p clubs out of my 3 years there and they refused to bump up my base which was significantly lower than others. That’s why so many reps move companies so often. It’s the only way to get a good raise. My ABL tried very hard and was super understating when I quit. Get in a year of specialty experience to put on your resume and then go somewhere else and get a huge pay raise.